o10.

Hot Young Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was once an instance when Jin once told Ahreum about how his brother struggle in London because he can't seem to be happy. She remembered that he was so sad telling her things like that. Then now, she wonder, will Jin feel the same way as his brother? That thought itself make her feel strangely sad. She imagine Jin being away from everybody. He will be very sad for sure. But what can she do? Everything is set up for the future. There's no other way. And no matter how much she wish that time would just freeze, it won't. Because the ending of this happiness is near, and all she have to do is to go with it. There's no other choice. 

"What are you thinking looking at your plate like that?" Jiyeon asked suddenly. She notice her friend looking low. 

"Nothing. Just about life." she replied. Jiyeon chuckled, how corny can she get thinking about life? Ahreum then stare at her suspiciously.

"How about you huh? Why didn't you attend school yesterday?" she asked. Jiyeon's laugh faded and she immediately chose to shut up. She can't just blabber things about the date she and Min Yonggi had. It was kinda heartbreaking to think about it either.

"I don't believe that you're sick. You don't get sick." Ahreum added. Jiyeon look at Ahreum like she's one mad woman.

"What do you mean I don't get sick? What am I then, a robot? Even robot gets sick." she explained. Ahreum did not listen to any of all that nonsense. All she wanted to know is Jiyeon's real reason, because it looks suspiscious enough for her to get hella curious.

"Don't look at me like that." Jiyeon said, totally getting uncomfortable about this now. 

"Alright alright." Ahreaum said. She sit back to her chair and just sighed very deeply. Jiyeon also did the same. It's a lazy day. They can see people being obviously lazy and walking like zombies. They bet it's because of the very cold weather. 

"You never told me yet where do you really want to go to college. I mean, almost everyone decided about it, except you and some other lazy people." she said. Ahreum realized that it's true. She look at Jiyeon and went sadder than usual. Jiyeon is going here in Seoul for college, but she felt like everything will never be the same again since they will also be apart.

"Are you gonna look for a new friends?" she asked. Jiyeon raised her brow. She can't understand why she suddenly ask that.

"Why are you asking this? Of course, I need friends too. It's not like you're on your way to my college too right. Wait?! Are you also going to Dongguk?!" she asked. Ahreum didn't respond. How can she tell her bestfriend that they will be apart? She look at her food, which is now, already cold.

"You are right?" Jiyeon unsurely asked. She look at Ahreum with full of worries. She doesn't know where to start if Ahreum went to a different college, worse, on a different place for college. Then her eyes widened. Ahreum... she isn't asking that question because she's going away right? 

"A...Ahreumie." she muttered. Ahreum is too scared to look at her, because when she does, she knows she'll cry. 

"Y...You aren't planning on going away like the others right?" Jiyeon's voice shake. She can't believe she's asking her this question. But it's better to know now. She need this.

"Jiyeon ah.." Ahreum can't seem to think of any word to say to her bestfriend right now. She gulped hard, it's too hard to say something big and important to a loved one, especially if it's about leaving. 

"Ahreum... You told me you'll attend Sunkyunkwan right? Remember? You told me when we had our festival last year." Jiyeon tried to fool herself. She knows exactly that Ahreum often change decision. And she found herself remembering all of a sudden how Ahreum often talk about Gangwon Province. 

"No way...." Jiyeon murmured. She look straight at Ahreum.

"No way!! You won't go to Gangwon!!!" Jiyeon half shouted. Ahreum closed her eyes. Gangwon is still in South Korea, but why does she feel like she'll be in another country?

"Please don't overeact." Ahreum said. Jiyeon get it, she will go away. 

"Ahreum ah~" she called. Ahreum finally had the guts to look at Jiyeon. But when she did, she already saw Jiyeon tearing up. Her heart broke. Seeing her being like this makes it harder.

"Jiyeon ah... Don't be like this." she said to her bestfriend.  Jiyeon already cried, so she can't just stop it now. 

"You lied. Why did you do it?!" Jiyeon asked her. Looks are being thrown to them, as Jiyeon starts making a scene by crying hard. 

"Jiyeon ah! Stop it!! Yah!" Ahreum grab Jiyeon's arms but Jiyeon pulled it away. 

"What happened to Sunkyunkwan?! Why aren't you going there?!" Jiyeon demanded. Ahreum close her eyes to prevent herself for bursting out. It's true that it hurts for Jiyeon, but how she reacts right now looks like she's going to die and she didn't tell her about her disease.

"You lied!! You told me we will see each other and have a good talk about our own universities. What happened to that? How are we suppose to see each other? Am I going to ride a plane just to see you?!" she rage. 

"Heol~! Gangwon isn't in North Korea! In fact, I can take a train to go here. It's just 3 hours away." she said. Jiyeon cried harder. 

 

"Oy! What's going on here?" that voice made Ahreum startled. She turn back and saw Jin with all of his friends. She saw Namjoon, Jimin, Yonggi, Jungkook, Hoseok, and Taehyung. She lowered her gaze. Now that Jiyeon is blabbering this stuffs, how can she hide the fact that she will go away for college too just like almost everyone? Jin approach Ahreum, but she step back. Jin was in daze.

"Jiyeon ah, let's talk alone." Ahreum whispered to Jiyeon who is still crying. Jiyeon look at her, and she immediately put her index finger on her lips, signalling for her to shut up. Jiyeon saw Ahreum's eyes is full of desperation. Jiyeon then realized that Jin and company, including 'her' Min Yonggi. Jiyeon grab Ahreum's arms and they left the place. They can hear everyone calling them, but they walk faster. Taehyung is the one who realized the entire situation and he's the one who ask everyone to give them space, after all, saying to your loved ones that you'll be away isn't easy.

After some time, Jiyeon and Ahreum reached the bleachers. 

"Okay. Now explain." Jiyeon asked her. Ahreum take a deep breath before speaking up.

"Jiyeon. I've been wanting to tell everyone. But I feel like when I did, everyone will feel like I abandoned them." she said as she remember how Jungkook reacted about this. 

"I don't want anyone to feel that way. I will go to Gangwon to study, and not to live for good." she explained. Jiyeon look at Ahreum and saw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter