Null Orders

W I N D

“Jeez Sehun,” Chanyeol jokes. “Didn't think you'd care so much.”

Something in Sehun flares. It's such a bad joke, something that would have come out of only Chanyeol or Baekhyun's mouth because they didn't think he'd care? He'd gotten stuffed into a secret organisation, trained to kill, when he was twelve and Chanyeol didn't think he'd care about the people who guided him, pulled him through it? Did they think Sehun didn't care when the organisation declared them dead? 

“Oh . , , , Sehun? Crap what did I say? Oh -” 

Chanyeol raises enough of a commotion to alert Yixing, who comes back and balks. 

“Park Chanyeol! What did you do?!” He yells, or says really because Yixing never yells at them, and rushes for tissues. Junmyeon and Minseok burst in after him, hands on their holsters, but they ease their fingers off the grips once they see what's going on. Sehun sees Minseok headlock Chanyeol beforw Junmyeon is pulling up and tugging his face down to his shoulder. 

“Chanyeol! Why is the maknae crying? What did you do?” 

Minseok's outrage (and Chanyeol's screech) summon the rest of the group in an instant. Tao, Jongin and Luhan come flying in-

“Sehun is crying?!”

“Sehunnie!”

-followed by Kris and Kyungsoo,-

“Chanyeol.”

“I didn't do anything!”

-capped by Baekhyun-

“Ttt. Yeollie how could you?”

“Shut up Baek!”

-and a flustered Jongdae who pulls the door shut behind him. Sehun tries to look up, seeing the faces of people he'd thought dead twelve hours ago, and decides it, Junmyeon's shoulder is better for his dignity. 

“Chanyeol, what did you do?” Junmyeon asks calmly and that's instantly the most terrifying sound he's ever heard because oh Junmyeon's angry. 

“I made a joke! I wasn't-”

Sehun blows up. 

“You think I didn't care?” Sehun choked out through tears. Junmyeon is startled back, and if Sehun wasn't delirious, worn thin and doped on painkillers he'd be embarrassed about the way everyone was staring at him. “You guys- you've been the closest people to since I was twelve! Maybe you don't think the same way but you're the closest thing I have to a family, and I just woke up one day to a bunch of people telling me you were dead- that wasn't funny!”

Sehun sinks down into the pillows and bursts into tears. Junmyeon and Yixing surge forward to make sure he isn't reopening wounds and Chanyeol rushes to the side where he can sit carefully on the edge bed and his fingers through Sehun's hair. Sehun registers another pair of hands rubbing circles into his back and Tao crooning his name in worried tones. 

“ Sehun,” Chanyeol begins, because ‘’ is the perfect descriptor for everything right now, “I'm sorry. That was a bad joke.”

“You don't say.” Luhan sneers. Chanyeol ignores him and continues. 

“We're sorry we left you like that without saying anything, and I don't want you to think it's because we didn't care. Hey, look at me.” Chanyeol gently cups Sehun's face and lowers his own to meet Sehun's eyes. “Just like how you care about us, we care about you, okay? Don't every think otherwise.”

Sehun sniffles once and nods. Chanyeol smiles and breathes in relief, moving back to let the others move into Sehun's bed, patting and smiling. 

“Kris hyung, Kyungsoo should punch Chanyeol for making Sehun cry.” Jongdae offers with a laugh. Chanyeol jumps back with exaggerated surprise as Kyungsoo slaps a wicked grin on his fave. Sehun laughs with Jongin hooked around his left arm and Baekhyun nuzzling into his right shoulder, Tao settling for a half sprawl across him lap while Luhan props himself by a knee. 

This is nice, Sehun thinks, as his laughter drowns in the other's whooping when Chanyeol gets sacked hard in the side. 

-

A/N : I swear this chapter was going to be longer but then I wouldn't make so I promise that Null Orders Extended Ver will come out when I do It's Ken not Ken-not Extended ver