Love Letter

Rex & Trixie - Dongwoo

The hours of the night wore on as Dongwoo worked by the light of his lamp, the others using their thumbs, their faces lighting up with the flashing of the screen before them. Night turned to day, Dongwoo woke first and carefully walked past his sleeping brothers before slipping out the front door.

Leaving his skateboard, he wondered around the vicinity on foot, his hands carefully tucked in his pockets while his eyes wondered around from one thing to another yet his mind was fixed on a single person, you.

The longer he walked, the more he was able to work through everything he wanted to tell you, all of his feelings and the memories that he wanted to keep with you. A smile never left his face as he continued to walk for a few hours before making his way back home.

During the time that Dongwoo was away, Woohyun woke and went into Hoya’s room to grab something to wear for the day. Picking through the closet, Woohyun reached up to grab a sweater that was on the upper shelf of the closet. Pulling it down, something in an envelope fell to the carpeted floor below, feeling it hit his bare foot, Woohyun glanced down and saw the letter with a name neatly written in the center. The print was small, yet when Woohyun knelt down, he got a closer look and read the name that was printed across the front.

___________

“Was Dongwoo working on this last night?” Woohyun questioned to himself, closing his fingers around the envelope and lifting it up closer to him.

Turning over the envelope, Woohyun noticed that the flap wasn’t sealed on the back. Tucking the sweatshirt under his arm, he carefully pulled out the note from the envelope and saw the two dinosaurs on the front. True Love was written underneath the couple causing Woohyun to smirk at the greasy greeting that he secretly liked.

Looking over his shoulder, Sungyeol caught his eye as Sungyeol walked into the room.

“What are you doing in here?” Sungyeol questioned as Sunggyu lagged behind, yet walked into the room with Sungyeol and Woohyun.

“I found something, I think Dongwoo was working on it last night” Woohyun explained, showing them the letter as Sungyeol covered his mouth and busted out laughing.

“Of course! This totally makes sense!” Sungyeol pointed to the note and quickly opened it, scanning the lyrics to a song that Dongwoo used to express his feelings to you.

“What? What makes sense?” Sunggyu questioned, a blank look glazing over his eyes.

“Well ______ is always hanging around Dongwoo, every time I save her a seat, she always sits next to him declining my invitation.” Sungyeol stated slightly bitter, missing out on the chance of getting to know you as well.

“Why don’t you sit by them then?” Woohyun questioned as he snatched the note back, sliding it into the envelope

“I tried, but she kept talking with him, then they draw in each others notebooks and he always walks her to class” Sungyeol ruffled his hair in annoyance realizing how many chances he could have had with you, yet Dongwoo swooped in and swept you off of your feet.

“Sounds like she likes Dongwoo” Sungjong stated innocently, finding the notebook with the drawings in the margin from the other day.

“What do we do?” Sungyeol muttered in worry, slightly pacing a few steps before resting his hands on his hips.

“Why don’t you just give her the note?” Hoya leaned against the wall, comfortably reclining on his bed.

“You can’t just give her the note” Woohyun gasped, everyone’s eyes on Hoya as he shrugged his shoulders lightly.

“Well… Dongwoo wouldn’t have the guts too…” Myungsoo whispered as he eased himself down onto a desk chair in the room. “I think someone would have to do it for him”

“But who?” Sunggyu’s words were slightly lined with a chuckle as everyone’s eyes looked around the room.

Finally coming to a consensus, everyone’s eyes were on Hoya as he looked over.

“What did I do?” Hoya questioned, one ear bud out of his ear while the other one still played.

“You are going to give _____ the note for Dongwoo” Woohyun smiled walking over and delivering the note to Hoya.

“Bu-” Hoya tried to back out but Myungsoo shook his head

“You are the next closest to her, and you are the closest to Dongwoo too” Myungsoo reassured, “You just need to do it”

“You do have the qualifications” Sungjong stated as Hoya sat up, looking over the note in between his hands.

“Alright” Hoya sighed, the letter between his hands as the members slowly exited his room. Placing his earphone back into his ear, he sighed softly, before standing up and returning the note back in its place in Dongwoo’s closet.

Moving back to his bed, he reclined against the sheets, closing his eyes and letting the music carry him away. Not long after, Dongwoo walked through the front door, returning from his walk he kicked off his shoes and looked over at the members watching a tv show together. Heading back to his room, he pushed open the door as Hoya glanced over to see Dongwoo walking through the door and plopping himself on the bed.

“Something wrong?” Hoya moved his hand under his head as Dongwoo shrugged his shoulders.

“Will you tell anyone?” Dongwoo’s voice was soft and childlike, almost like he was holding back a secret.

“Not a soul” Hoya sat up to make sure Dongwoo knew that he needed someone to confide in.

“Do you know, ________?” Dongwoo sat upright, his hands lacing with one another, his long fingers playing with the silver rings outfitting his fingers.

“Yeah, I do” Hoya nodded, moving beds to sit next to Dongwoo.

“Well… I think I am in love with her…” Dongwoo’s brown eyes lifted to meet Hoya’s. Nodding his head gently, Hoya looked back into Dongwoo’s eyes seeing confusion and slight fear.

“Why don’t you tell her then?” Hoya probed, the note popping up in his mind.

“We only have a week or two left of classes, it wouldn’t do her any good if I told her how I feel. Besides she is going to go her separate way in summer and I am not going to have time to talk with her or spend time with her, so it is just a lost cause.” Dongwoo lowered his head slightly, obviously depressed and unsure of what to do.

“You know, you should probably tell her before it is too late” Hoya reassured

“What if she doesn’t want to hear it? I’m so clumsy anyways” Dongwoo rounded his shoulders, his mental state taking a toll on his confidence.

“Trust me, any girl would love to hear that someone has a crush on them” Hoya rested his hand on Dongwoo’s back.

“I don’t want to make things awkward with us…” Dongwoo’s mind started to move in a downward spiral as Dongwoo’s phone chimed with an alarm. Lazy brown eyes moved over to his phone as Dongwoo picked up his phone and silenced the alarm.

“I have to go to class, I don’t think I can tell her though.” Dongwoo his lips as he stood up from the bed. “Thanks though…”

Seeing one of his best friends walk away, his shoulders hunched forward, his pace slow and his movements almost robotic. Shuffling back out the door, he grabbed a jacket and his backpack, closing the door behind him his hands slipped into his pockets as he headed up towards campus for class.

Hoya’s eyes lifted to the note that he placed back in the closet, feeling his gut churn, knowing that Dongwoo would regret it if he didn’t tell you how he felt. Rising to his feet, he walked into the closet and retrieved the note, slipping it into his back pocket then heading out the door of the bedroom, he grabbed his backpack and slid it onto his strong shoulders.

“Where are you going?” Myungsoo questioned, his eyes lifting from his phone

“I forgot I had an assignment to do, I won’t be too long” Hoya smoothly relayed as he twisted his feet into his shoes.

“I thought you said you didn’t have any homework, earlier” Sungjong turned around, catching the attention of more members and having their heads turn towards Hoya as well.

“I forgot about this one thing, well, it isn’t due for a few days but I want to get a jump on it” Hoya rubbed the back of his neck hoping he was being convincing.

“Alright, just don’t be back too late, Myungsoo promised he would cook tonight” Sunggyu reminded him

“So that means….” Woohyun smiled as he looked at Sungjong and Sungyeol

“PIZZA NIGHT!” Sungjong and Sungyeol cheered in unison

Hoya nodded with a smile playing on his lips before he exited out of the dorm, taking a deep breath, he carefully retracted the note from his back pocket and lovingly slid it into his backpack. Pulling out his phone, he located where Dongwoo was and began to make his way there.

Formulating a plan quickly, he leaned up against a tree as he watched the students file out of the building as class let out. Hiding for a moment, Hoya located Dongwoo as he smiled and laughed with you. Happy that you came to class, Hoya watched as they split ways and you began walking towards him.

Slightly nervous, Hoya waited for you to pass as he followed you until you were out of view of Dongwoo. Falling back a little, Hoya quickly trotted up to your side, calling your name.

“Oh, hi Hoya” You smiled, slowing your pace and turning to the person calling your name.

“How have you been?” Hoya smiled brightly

“I’ve been doing well” You turned your eyes away from him, your tongue running over your lips.

“I-Is something wrong?” Hoya picked up on the slight tone in your voice and the light of your lips.

“I think something is going on with Dongwoo, but I don’t know what is bothering him… he seems to be slightly distant” You confess to Hoya as the two of you walk to your next class.

“I may have a reason for that” Hoya stopped walking for a moment, pulling out the note from his backpack.

“W-What’s this?” You questioned, your eyes widening seeing the name on the outside of the note to be yours.

“Dongwoo wrote this for you, he didn’t want to give it to you but I knew he would regret it if he didn’t” Hoya explained shortly, holding out the note to you as you graciously took it.

“Just do me a favor and open it when you are in your room, just so I don’t see you open it” Hoya slid his hands back into his pockets.

“Is it something b-bad?” You stammered, thinking the worse, right off the bat.

“I don’t think so, but I think something special is inside” Hoya tapped the envelope lightly as the large bell sounded across the campus. “I have to head to class, but I wanted to make sure the note made it safely to you.”

“Thank you, Hoya. Have a good time in class” You waved him off before you headed back to your home. Your feet walking slowly while your fingers brushed over the smooth paper of the mysterious note in your hand.

A short walk later, you made it back to your dorm for the day. Opening your front door, you slipped off your shoes and headed to your bedroom. Hanging your backpack on the back of your desk chair, you eased yourself into the seat, your fingers running along the edges of the paper.

Your finger tips found the lip of the back fold, lifting up the lip, you carefully slipped the note out of the envelope. Two dinosaurs were carefully drawn on the front cover, True love printed under the grass line under their feet, hearts floating in the air above their heads.

Smiling brightly, you carefully opened up the note to reveal beautiful handwritten words across the white paper.

There are sp many love songs like this
But why do I keep singing them?
You don’t understand
You don’t love me
I have fallen for you at some point

At first, the sight of your back was so pretty
So I just started talking to you without knowing
I tried not to show it but I hoped you would smile
Maybe I was too greedy

Oh baby it can’t be over like this
I couldn’t tell you my trembling heart
So I wrote my heart in a letter
So I can tell you how I feel
Because my heart only thinks about you
Cannot be stopped
I wanna know

Honestly, you’re so dazzling
Not even a sweet song can express you
You don’t understand
You don’t love me
I’ve never felt this ambiguous feeling before

As I looked at the stars in the night sky
I just keep walking
I didn’t show it but I hoped you would be there
Maybe I was being to greedy

Oh baby it can’t be over like this
I couldn’t tell you my trembling heart
So I wrote my heart in a letter
So I can tell you how I feel
Because my heart only thinks about you
Cannot be stopped
I wanna know

I can’t fall asleep tonight so I light a candle in this dark room
Writing my heart for you on a white piece of paper
You, who shyly looked at me and smiled
Actually
I really like you

Oh baby, I’m gonna tell you right now

Oh baby, I think you’ve already caught me
I can’t stop my trembling heart
Oh please my love
To be honest, I like you so much
Because my heart only thinks about you
Cannot be stopped
I can’t loose you
I can’t stop
I wanna know

Reading over the beautiful poetry, you felt your breath hitch in your chest, a light beat kept your eyes reading over the text. The note almost had a beat a rhythm to it that your heart seemed to beat to. Increasing the rate of your heart, you rested your hand over your chest as you knew that your heart was telling you the truth.

You had feeling for Dongwoo too