Secret Confession

Rex & Trixie - Dongwoo

It was the end of the semester, stress was high, students rushing from class to study session their heads hanging low while their feet automatically carried them across campus to their next destination. Dongwoo carefully guided his skateboard between the crowds, the wind combed through his longer hair, a smile playing on his beautiful pink lips allowing his teeth to take a peek once and a while.

Rolling in front of the building where his next class is being held, he happily picked up his board and opened one of the main doors into the building. Walking through the halls to the designated classroom, he looked around admiring the artwork and different aspects to every building on campus. Arriving at the classroom, walking through the open door, his eyes quickly scanned the room. Not seeing a lot of students seated, he climbed the few stairs to the middle of the elevated seating. Leaning his board up against the wall, he chose the seat next to the isle, easing himself down into the cushioned seat, he pulled out his spiral notebook from his backpack and placed it on his lap while his fingertips searched for his pen inside of his bag.

After a few minutes the room started to fill with students, a few empty seats still remained in the room as you walked through the door and stopped before the class, looking across the students to find a seat that you wouldn’t have to climb over too many people to get to. Finding a few extra seats by your best friend, Dongwoo, a smile brightly formed on your lips as you climbed the stairs up to where he was sitting.

Tapping his shoulder, his big brown eyes looked up at you, some of his long locks drifting into his eyes as he looked up at you.

“Do you mind if I sit next to you?” You questioned, pointing to the empty spot next to him.

“Not at all” Dongwoo flashed one of his bright, classic smiles as he moved his legs so that you could slip between his legs and the chair in front of him to get to your seat.

I was actually saving the seat for you, Dongwoo thought to himself as his eyes followed you as you moved over him and into your seat.

Settling yourself in your seat, you pulled out your notebook and a light blue pen to write your notes in. Lifting his hand up to his mouth, he leaned over closer to you seeing that the professor was about ready to start the lecture. Without a pen in his hand, he cleared his throat catching your attention without distracting others around you.

“Do you have a pen that I could borrow?” Dongwoo whispered, his voice sweet but low, “I can’t seem to find mine…”

“Of course, do you have a color you want to write in?” Your hand grabbed your pile of pens and fanned them out in front of Dongwoo so he could choose.

Watching his eyes move over each one meticulously, a twinkle sparkling in his eyes just like a child would in a candy store. Dongwoo was always finding a way to make the simplest things so beautiful yet new again. Getting lost in thought, feeling him pull a pen from your grasp you snapped out of your thoughts as you smiled over at him, seeing him choose the lighter green pen within the mix.

“Good choice” You smiled before returning the pens into your bag, the professor then proceeded to teach the curriculum for the day.

Between notes and drawing in the margins, the two of you began to build off of one another’s drawings, writing text bubbles and making little scenes in the margin of his notebook. Sketching a little bow on the top of the dinosaur he drew, you smiled as he drew another dinosaur next to the girl dinosaur and had them laughing and singing happily with one another.

Rustling of papers and books signaled the two of you that class was just about over. Gathering your things and slipping your books back into your bags, the two of you stood as Dongwoo grabbed his skateboard and waited for you. Walking down the stairs, he twirled the pen between his fingers expertly, watching the pen from time to time, you both exited the building as he caught your eyes looking down at the pen between his fingers.

“Oh! I guess I should give this back to its owner” Dongwoo offered it back to you as you pushed his hand back towards him.

“It suits you, you should keep it” You smiled, your eyes lifting to his.

“Don’t you need this pen though?” Dongwoo tilted his head to one side cutely while in question.

“I have others, besides you need this pen to draw your Dinosaurs” You laughed lightly, causing him to laugh along as well.

“Alright, I will draw a few more Dinosaurs before the day is done, just for you” Dongwoo smiled brightly, a nod of his head sealing his promise.

“Sounds like the pen has a fun day ahead” You smiled, tapping the pen with your finger, “I’ll see you later, Woo~ I have to go to another class”

“Okay! Have fun!” Dongwoo beamed, standing right where you left him, he watched your hair lightly blow in the wind, the sun showing the different colors in your hair while the bright light perfectly highlighted your form.

Sighing softly, he felt the warm sensation of the rays of the sun dance over his skin. Running his thumb over the shaft of the pen, his brown eyes drifted down to the green pen in his hand once you were out of sight. Twisting the pen lightly in the sunlight, it made the pen seem more magnificent than before, brushing his tongue over his lips an idea came to mind!

Easing his skateboard on the concrete, he propelled himself towards the library. Once he was inside the library, he grabbed some plain white paper and folded it in half as he began to draw two Dinosaurs on the front. Earbuds happily sat in his ears, his foot tapping against the floor to the beat of the song.

Some unusual songs come on as he read the names of the songs and the artist before allowing them to play. Listening to the lyrics a little more than before, his thoughts quickly turned to you as every soft and kind song reminded him of you.

Busying himself between classes, by the end of the day Dongwoo had finished the cover of the card. With two Dinosaurs, one girl and one boy, facing one another with a few hearts around their heads. With the note secure in his backpack, he rolled his way home, the sunset lighting his way. Once more, his thoughts wondered to you, wondering what it would be like to share a sunset with you, day after day.

Feeling his heart beat faster with excitement, he arrived home in no time and carried his skateboard up to the dorm. Slipping in through the front door, he kicked off his shoes and trotted towards his bedroom, another idea sparking his imagination.

“What’s up with him?” Sunggyu questioned, slightly adjusting his position in the arm chair from his afternoon nap.

“I don’t know…” Woohyun looked at the door for a moment before returning his eyes back to his phone.

“I’ll go see” Hoya sipped his water in the kitchen before twisting on the cap and heading towards his shared room with Dongwoo.

Knocking lightly on the white door, Hoya leaned in closer swearing that he heard something on the other side of the door. Wrapping his hand around the handle, he slowly twisted and pushed open the door, just enough for his head to poke in and see what he was doing.

Dongwoo sat on his bed, a keyboard laying across his lap while his notebook laid beside him.

“Are you actually doing homework?” Hoya scoffed, opening the door a little wider before leaning against the frame of the door with his shoulder.

“Well… Kinda” Dongwoo tilted his head from side to side in thought, not knowing what actually to call it, but knowing he wanted to do it regardless.

“What do you mean by kinda?” Hoya mimicked Dongwoo’s tone as his canines showed proudly, slightly teasing him.

“Well it isn’t actually assigned by a teacher” Dongwoo clarified, his s running along the pen that you had gifted him earlier that day, “I just want to do it.”

Hoya watched as Dongwoo shrugged his shoulders lightly, his eyes running along the ivory and ebony keys on the keyboard. Pushing himself upright, Hoya padded over to Dongwoo’s bed and stood beside it for a moment, before easing himself down on to edge of his brother’s bed.

“What do you want to do?” Hoya leaned over trying to catch a glimpse of Dongwoo’s work.

“Yah! It is just something” Dongwoo covered up the note quickly before lifting it up and hugging it to his chest, careful not to crush it too much.

“Something? For who?” Hoya laughed, his hand tickling Dongwoo’s side lightly, causing him to move away and laugh lightly while trying to remain serious.

“Just a friend” Dongwoo laughed as Hoya’s fingers continued to dance along his sides.

“Then what are you doing with the keyboard?” Hoya moved his fingers to the keyboard, plunking out a few notes that sounded good together.

“I-I was using it for inspiration” Dongwoo’s voice got soft as he carefully removed the note from his chest, before slipping it between the pages of the notebook.

“I see” Hoya nodded as Sungjong appeared at the doorway.

“We are going to play some games tonight if you guys want to join, ice cream will be involved!” Sungjong tried to entice the boys to come and join.

“I’m in!” Hoya called, carefully moving the keyboard off of his lap and onto the bed beside Dongwoo.

“I-I think I am g-g-going to stay here, I have some homework to do” Dongwoo stammered, not meeting their eyes with his.

“Are you feeling okay?” Sungjong questioned as Hoya slowly made his way to the door.

“Just fine, I just have something more important to do” Dongwoo shuffled around some papers to try and make it seem like he was busy.

“O-Okay… if you change your mind, we will be in the living room” Sungjong nodded as Hoya moved through the door and closed it behind him.

Sungjong and Hoya found it odd that Dongwoo would turn down a night of games to do something alone, but trusting him, they left him alone for the night. Dongwoo worked diligently in his room, jotting down ideas here and there while listening to more songs on his phone. Lost in the thought of his little note to you, he wrote down all of his feelings, making sure that everything was perfect before he used the pen that you gave him and moved the messy writing in his notebook to beautifully printed writing on the note.