Save me, save me, I need your love before I fall

My Gold to Silver

He ran a hand through his pink coloured locks, and as Jimin eyes Jungkook with saddened eyes the boy is able to see Taehyung's tears as he said those hurtful words.

 

"Yeah, I did! Was, Taehyung! You were my everything! I've found new friends and new priorities! And they're not you! 

 

A heavy breath left his lips as he looked back at Jimin with a hopeless look in his eyes. 

 

"What do I do?" he whispers

 

The two were currently sitting in a coffee shop near the school campus next to the window, Jimin profusely refusing to let Jungkook in his apartment. Jimin only blinked at him. 

 

"The most you can do is offer an apology, though I wouldn't know if he'd accept it or not." Jimin offers. He leans in. 

"Why'd you do it?" he asks

 

Jungkook lifts tired eyes to meet his. 

 

"Do what?" 

 

Jimin rolls his eyes. 

"Why would you ditch Taehyung for them? You know that they're not worth it." 

 

Jungkook's eyes travel downwards until he's staring at the table. He thinks about his words before he voices them to the other. 

 

"They made it seem grand. The feeling of being adored. All that attention. The feeling that everyone sees you how you want them to see you, y and admired." he smiles bitterly. "The fact that you're being the embodiment of a perfect person, the ideal person to be seen with to get those extra points for their social credibility." Jungkook's eyes sting and he hurriedly glances to the side, trying to hide the glaze in his eyes but being unable to escape Jimin's gaze. "It's disgusting." he finishes, whispering the words to the window. 

 

Jimin looks on sadly, reaching for a napkin but deciding against it. 

The light from the outside reflect off of Jungkooks' tears and makes them even more visible to the eye. He sniffs loudly and roughly wipes his nose with his sleeve, refusing to move his gaze from the window beside him. 

 

"I want him back." he says simply. 

"You don't deserve him back." Jimin's response being sharp, cutting wounds. His voice softens. "At least not now."

 

"What do you mean?" Jungkook finally tears his eyes from the window, though his eyes are still red and glassy.

 

Jimin sighs, before leaning forward.

 

"Look Jungkook, people make mistakes. You made a choice that hurt someone we both care about very much. And now that I can see past the anger and rage you made me feel, I'll tell you this. I know you, Kook. And I know you loved Taehyung too. Though you did something unforgiving towards him, I also know that you'd do anything to take it all back and do it right." 

 

Jimin looks at Jungkook, the boy's heart so heavy with the weight of his mistake that he barely gave a depressed nod. 

 

"So what I'm saying is," Jimin says, reaching out a hand and pushing Jungkook's chin upwards to meet his eyes. "Show him. Prove it to him that he's worth it. Prove it to him that you're worth it. That it's worth giving it another shot." 

 

Jimin watches with pride in himself at having said that and also in mild amusement as he watches Jungkook's face contort with emotions he can't contain and tears well up quickly and spill over his cheeks and soon enough he's gripping Jimin's fingers and sobbing gratefully albeit unattractively. Snot comes out of his nose and he sniffs loudly and messily wipes tears and snot away with the back of his sleeve, only for the tears to replace the ones wiped away quickly and the snot runs freely. 

 

"Thank you, hyung." he blubbers. 

 

Jimin watches him in mild disgust and doesn't hesitate to hand over a napkin quickly this time, looking around to see that they've garnered the attention of the whole cafe with the boy's loud crying. Jungkook blows his nose into the napkin especially loud. Jimin offers him a smile. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"Taehyung, over here." Yoongi says, successfully getting Taehyung's attention and motioning with his head over to a table in the cafeteria. 

 

Taehyung quickly follows, setting his tray down following Yoongi before hurriedly taking a seat. Yoongi sliding into his seat after placing his tray down. 

Three pairs of eyes are curiously fixed on him but not unkindly. They looked friendly. 

 

"Guys, this is Taehyung. Say hi." Yoongi says simply, picking up his spoon and shoving rice into his mouth. 

"Yoongi, introduce us." A voice said. 

"Yeah man, don't be so rude." Another said, directing his words to Yoongi though his eyes never left Taehyung as they sparkled with curiousity and interest. 

 

Yoongi rolled his eyes, chewing and swallowing before spooning another mouthful onto his spoon, "You guys have a voice and a mouth. Use it." 

 

At this, Taehyung unexpectedly laughs. This catches the attention of everyone at the table, particularly a Min Yoongi who has completely stopped what he was doing and had taken to being frozen mid-chew as he processed the sound. 

 

Taehyung's laughter slowly trails off as he realises everyone is staring, coughing awkwardly before looking down and reaching for his spoon. 

 

Yoongi has then brought himself out of his trance and cleared his throat, continuing chewing slowly and swallowing thickly. 

 

"Right, so here we have Wonwoo." he points his spoon in a brown haired boy's direction, the one whose gaze was gixed on Taehyung with sparkly eyes. 

"Here, is-" "HI I'M EMMA WATSON!" "Seokjin." (im pretty sure i havent made him taes bro)

"And Jennie." The girl smiles brightly, her dyed hair tied up in a half-ponytail on top of her head. 

 

"Hi, Kim Taehyung. Nice to meet you all." Taehyung offers his own greeting shyly. 

 

"You're quite a pretty one, aren't you?" Wonwoo says, casually. 

"Shall we do something today?" Jennie says, ignoring Wonwoo's comment. 

"We did something yesterday." Yoongi points out. 

"Going to the convenience store for ramen does not count." Jennie retorts. She turns to face Taehyung with a smile, "How about you choose, Taehyung?" 

 

Taehyung's eyes widen, "Hm?" he says, confused. 

Yoongi cannot help but stare for a second. 

"What do you want to do today, you can pick." Jennie clarifies. 

 

Taehyung does not know what to suggest, as his free-time activities consisted of staying in his room reading manga with Jimin or hanging out with Jungkook. 

 

"Do you guys like anime?" 

 

 

They decided upoon a new Japanese restaurant that recently opened up earlier that week downtown to go to instead. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

It's now the third week in and Yoongi and Taehyung are in the music room and on this particualr day they are in absolute hysterics. Yoongi had found a musical app on his iPad and they've been fooling around with it for the past half hour after the school day. 

 

Taehyung hasn't laughed like this in awhile, and Yoongi hasn't grinned and laughed so much with another since Seokjin. 

 

Seokjin peeks his head through the door before seeing the two and a small smile forms, 

"There you guys are, we've been looking for you." The door opens fully to reveal the rest of the gang, Wonwoo behind an unimpressed looking Jennie. 

 

"What are you guys doing here?" Jennie asks, as they all file in. 

 

"Listen- Listen to this." Yoongi says, grinning. 

He fiddles with his iPad for a bit before hittting the play button to release an onslaught of loud drum banging followed by a whole range of animal sounds. When it reaches a sheep bleeping loudly, Yoongi and Taehyung erupt in uncontrollable laughter that has them red-faced and unable to take sufficient breaths. 

 

The rest of them watch on, amused at them rather than their concoction of sounds coming from the iPad now playing a mix of cow and rooster sounds. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"Hey, man! Over here!" 

Jimin and Jungkook walk into homeroom together, not a few moments in the classroom and the latter is being called over to the same group who bullied Taehyung. 

 

Jimin takes a step away and waits, seeing what he will do. Jungkooks's eyes travel to the ground before looking up past his bangs.

"Sorry, I'm gonna go sit with Jimin today." 

 

It wasn't what Jimin was looking for, but it'll do for now. 

 

"Hey Kook, where is loser boy? I haven't seen him since.. was it the locker incident?" one muses to himself, thinking back. 

"It's been that long? Where is he?" 

"How would Kook know, anyway, he broke up with that sad sack of -" 

 

Jimin doesn't retaliate like he wants to, instead he gauges Jungkook's reactions and words. 

 

"Stop it." Jungkook says weakly, voice soft and wavering with eyes so depressed they looked almost lifeless. 

 

"What?" the boy says, not catching what he said. 

 

Jungkook turns around now, "I said, STOP, OKAY?" Jungkook repeats, not yelling but loudly enough to be more than a simple warning. 

 

The boys quieten, slightly shocked. 

"Dude, what's wrong with you?" 

 

"Taehyung's not here anymore. He's changed schools. Three weeks ago. That's why you haven't seen him around. It took you this long to realise he wasn't around?" Jungkook says. His voice wasn't friendly, but it wasn't unkind and dripping with venomous anger, which disappointed Jimin greatly. 

 

"Can you ers stop calling him names?" Jimin yells over his shoulders. "Would you still be calling him names if you knew where he went?" 

 

Hoseok, already sitting down earlier waiting for Jimin to arrive, was startled when Jimin so sharply and quickly swore at them. 

 

"What do you mean, shortie?" one narrows his eyes at Jimin's back. Hoseok bristles. 

"What I mean," Jimin says, placing a calm hand on Hoseok, "is that you wouldn't be calling Taehyung a loser after finding out he's a millionaire and he's now at the renowned school BigHit High School, practically awaiting for college applications." 

 

"Pffwhuat?!" one sneers, "Millionaire? I don't believe that for a second. Why would he go to a place like this when he's that rich? It makes no ing sense!" 

"A reason?" Jimin says, composed. His back still turned to them, he turns his head casually over his shoulder and locates Jungkook with his eyes. He motions with a flick of his head towards Jungkook with his head down. "He was reason enough for him." 

 

They all turn towards Jungkook, who is now clenching his fists as he already knows what they will say. 

 

"That true? You knew he was rich? Boy, why didn't you say anythin'?! We could've gotten so much free out of him-" 

"You FAKE BASTARDS" Jungkook rages, cutting him off and throwing a hard punch. 

 

The hit gets the boy right in the jaw and he topples off the desk he was sitting on onto the floor in a messy heap. The others crowd around him to help him up while warily looking up at Jungkook from the floor. 

 

"You pathetic s. You'd be nice to him for your own selfish reasons. Hell, you probably won't even be nice to him and force him to pay for your , you absolute scumbags. Is that not right? Tell me if I'm wrong, huh, go on. TELL ME THAT I'M WRONG." Jungkook says, he has a foot on the chest of the boy on the ground, digging his sole deeper with each threatening sentence, frightening the boy with his sudden change in behaviour. 

 

The boy winces painfully, grabbing at the leg that has him hostage. 

" you, I thought you wanted that too-" he splutters, "How dare you blame us, huh?" 

"I'm not blaming you, I'm just as disgusting. For wanting to be like you, to be in your crowd and to do as you said by breaking up with him. You know what, he was my best friend, he was the love of my life and the best thing that ever happened to me." Jungkook argues. 

The boy, despite his situation, smiles cynically. 

"Obviously wasn't that deep of a love for you to give it up so easily." 

 

This throws Jungkook off, and his eyes widen when the words strike a sensitive patch. He digs his foot deeper into the boys chest. 

"Shut the up you don't know anything!"

The boy still finds the strength to be provoking and throws a pained, mocking smile from the ground. Jungkook shoves his foot into him some more to the point where he's seriously having difficulty breathing. 

 

Jimin moves from his spot and pulls a livid Jungkook away. 

"Come on, that's enough." he says. "Let's cool off outside, okay?" 

 

Jimin doesn't wait for an answer as he leads Jungkook out the door quickly before their teacher arrived. Hoseok catches Jimin's eye as he's walking out with Jungkook behind him and smiles proudly at him. Jimin grins, smiling. 

 

He got what he wanted to see, Jungkook proved to him he still had fight in him for Taehyung. And Jimin was going to help Taehyung see that he was loved. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung, I'm going to show you that you're worth it. That we're worth it.

Thought Jungkook as he is being dragged out by Jimin. 

 

"You did well, Kook, I'm proud of you." Jimin tells him, but the other pays him no mind with his mind set on winning Taehyung back. He just hopes the other will have the heart to forgive him. And despite him not deserving of Taehyung's forgiveness, he still hopes he gives it to him.