Because of you I'm becoming ruined

My Gold to Silver

Looking up at the ceiling, Taehyung can feel his heart ache while it's split into two clean pieces, and he's having trouble holding it together. 

He hears his mother calling him from downstairs, on the rare occasion that she's actually there. 

 

"Taehyung? Taehyung, honey! Come down soon, if not you're going to be late!" 

 

Taehyung heaves another deep sigh before dragging his body off the bed, letting himself fall on his carpet and he doesn't move. It takes another deep sigh to get himself moving and he pushes himself off the floor and lugs himself to his connected bathroom. 

 

Not bothering to shut the door, because hey, it's his room anyway, he turns on the tap and washes his face. He looks up and is not really shocked by his reflection. It's not surprising, the red eyes and droopy lids, hollowed cheeks and dark eye bags. He's been crying for two days. 

Not wanting to worry his mother who only came back the midnight before, but also not bothered to try to cover up his face that looked like it's been dumped in seawater and left for fermentation for two days, he sloppily throws on his school uniform and hangs the tie loosely around his neck. 

 

He sniffs and turns the handle, stepping out of his room and into the hallway. So weak having gone without food for two days, nor done anything remotely physcially taxing, Taehyung puts one foot on the first step before his leg almost gives out and he's nearly sent tumbling down the stairs. 

He grips on the handle just barely, the rush of adrenaline enough to wake him up fully. He walks down the stairs carefully while gripping onto the handle with both hands and climbling one stair at a time. 

 

"Tae?" his mother calls, when she spots him climbing down. "Are you okay?" 

 

Taehyung doesn't reply and keeps his gaze down, but no matter how busy she was with work she was still his mother and could tell something was up with her son. 

She walks forward to him worriedly and yanks his face forward to meet hers, upon seeing him she gasps and her frown creases her eyebrows and downturns her lips. 

 

"What happened?" 

 

"I-uhm, nothing." 

"Don't give me that." she bites, "What happened?" 

Taehyung sighs, and his mother lets go of his face. 

"Nothing it's just," he his lips and mutters, "Jungkook just broke up with me." 

 

She widens her eyes. 

"When? Why didn't you tell me sooner?" she says. 

Taehyung ignores her question and ducks to the kitchen, sitting down on one of the stools by the counter and grabs the bowl of cereal already made for him. 

 

Knowing her son, Mrs. Kim bites her tongue and made a note to get a hold of Jimin for him to tell her everything. She may have had some paperwork ready for her by her desk in her office, but she's also got her son's worries to solve. She knows how the two of them were such a gorgeous couple as well as a strong one, and she wanted the reason to why they would break up. 

 

Shoveling cereal down his throat, Taehyung looks anywhere but his mother as she stares him down. 

 

"How are your studies?" she asks, as a way of changing the topic and making conversation. 

Though mildly surprised she didn't press further on his love life, Taehyung couldn't be bothered registering it fully but was just grateful for something else to talk about. 

"Fine." he says. 

 

Clearly not impressed by his lack of cooperation as well as worry for her son, Mrs. Kim is about to start another conversation topic, (the question being ; how's jimin?), there is a knock on the kitchen wall by the open entry where Taehyung's driver stood. 

 

"Is Taehyung-sshi ready to go?" he says. 

 

Mrs. Kim nods and looks at her son, who's long since given up trying to finish his bowl of cereal. He got in four bites and has left the spoon sitting in the bowl with soggy cornflakes. 

 

"Come on, dear." she says gently, "I'll listen if you have anything to say after school." 

 

Taehyung nods again, sliding off the chair lethargically before going out the door and to the car outside. 

Taehyung's driver looks to Mrs. Kim and says, 

 

"I think he left his bag in his bedroom." 

 

Mrs. Kim calls for one of the maids, 

"Get Taehyung's bag from his bedroom." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"Tae!" Jimin shouts as soon as he strides into view. 

He's been standing by the gates of the school ever since he arrived(ten minutes ago) and has been jittery in the oncoming cold. 

 

It's almost ing July, we're coming to the end of June why is it so cold? 

He gripes in his head. 

 

Jimin runs up to him and throws himself on Taehyung, arms wrapped tightly around him and his chin tilted because of height difference, sitting over his shoulder. 

 

"Hey Chim." Taehyung says softly, also bending his head down to rest on Jimin's smaller stature and relishing in the comfort of his best friend. 

"How are you?" he replies just as softly, still keeping him in his hold. 

Jimins knows it's a question he knows the answer too, he just wants to hear Taehyung's words. 

 

"I.. I'll be alright. I've got you, haven't I?" 

Jimin lets him go but keeps his hands on the side of Taehyung's arms. 

"You've always got me." 

 

 

 

After their romantic-platonic-friendship moment, the two walk into the school and as soon as they do they've got heads from lockers, open classroooms and even people leaving the bathrooms, turn to them. Meaning, Taehyung. 

 

People by the lockers have got their phones on them in a group of three surrounding them, or they're by themselves also with their phones, or they're just outright staring. 

 

Some laugh, some are neutral and some just keep their eyes on him. As they walk through the hall, people just stare. 

It's an immediate change than the usual bullying smirks or the rough shove, or outright picking him out and making a scene. It's a difference that the two friends pick up immediately. 

 

They enter their homeroom and they see Jungkook with a larger group of his so-called friends surrounding him, girls leaning on his thigh and someone with their hand in his hair, some boys casually resting their hand on his side or hanging off his shoulder. 

He's officially one of them. He's part of the popular ones. He's part of the it-group. 

 

"Hey!" one of them shouts. 

They all turn to Taehyung. 

 

"Nice haircut, douche-!" he yells. 

They all laugh, Jungkook laughs the loudest. 

 

Jimin fumes, "What are they talking about?!" 

He feels a tap on his shoulder and whips around, more or less ready to slap a bastard-

 

Oh, it's just Hoseok. 

 

"What?" he says, with fire in his eyes. 

Hoseok sneaks a glance over at the group of boys and girls, and turns his phone screen towards him. 

 

"It's been circling around over the entire weekend. It was only sent to me yesterday." Hoseok whispers. 

It's a picture of thirteen-year-old Kim Taehyung with large glasses, blue braces and a lopsided haircut which made him look like it was cut with a pair of blunt scissors. 

It was before Jungkook and Taehyung started dating when him and Jungkook were still friends before any romantic feelings, roughly about 2 years before their relationship. 

 

Taehyung lowers his head with shame, and his eyes glass over before he turns and runs away, all the way to the boy's bathroom and slamming the door open, startling two guys before locking himself up in the last stall. 

 

He doesn't register Jimin's panicked shout, before his angered scream directed at the boys in front of him. Namely, Jeon Jungkook. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It takes the first period and half of second period to get Taehyung out of the stall. Jimin found the two boys walking out of the bathroom when he was done yelling his head off at the boys in his homeroom and questioned them on instinct if Taehyung was in the bathroom. 

They gave dumbfounded 'yes' nods and Jimin was in there within half a second. 

 

There he planted himself right in front of Taehyung's closed stall door and coaxed him out. 

 

When Jimin did manage to get Taehyung out of the stall, his eyes were redder than when he woke up in the morning and he was sniffling and hiccupping. Jimin enveloped him in another one of his embraces and they spent the rest of second period walking around the school yard, running from teachers who didn't have a class then and hiding from the gardeners. 

 

When it was recess, Jimin gave Taehyung a little pep-talk in the middle of the yard. 

"Listen, Tae. You're going to be with me so you're not going to listen to anyone or break down. Don't let anyone upset you, show them you're stronger than that." 

 

Jimin knew it was going to be a challenge, and Taehyung will probably just start crying again but he's not about to let anyone lay a finger on him. 

 

They walked into the cafeteria and some were afraid Jimin was going to bite their heads off while some didn't bother concealing their laughter, calling out names to Taehyung when he passed by. Someone stuck their foot out to trip him, but Jimin jumped forward and stepped hard on his ankle, eliciting a surprised cry of pain from the other boy. 

 

Jimin and Taehyung sat down in the corner, and Hoseok walked up to his boyfriend. 

"Hey Jims, hey Tae." he says sympathetically, setting a tray of his food down. 

Jimin just glares at him. 

"Tell me, are you going to continue being their 'friend', or are you going to keep on letting Taehyung be made fun of again and again?" 

 

Hoseok's a bit offended, "Jims, it wasn't my fault that this happened to Tae, okay? What did you want me to do? I didn't know it was being spread around until I got it. I already told you I heard talk of it yesterday." 

"Why didn't you just say something to me when you got it yesterday? Why are you telling it to me only today?" he shoots back. 

Hoseok his lips and starts to get irked, "Listen, Jimin, what did you want me to say? I couldn't have stopped it with just some words from my mouth." 

Jimin doesn't relent, "Well, you're part of that group despite always hanging around me, could you not have said something to them?" he sounds accusatory and expectant. 

"Jimin, stop making it sound like it's my fault. I would have done something if there was something to do! If you must know, which I was planning to tell you anyway, I already had a word with Jaebum and Jungkook and already said it was hurting Taehyung. What good did you think that did? They didn't care!" Hoseok says, angry now. 

 

Jimin is rendered speechless and guilt starts to form when he realised he was being unreasonable with his boyfriend. 

He takes a breath, "Hoseok, ok, I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-" 

"Forget it." Hoseok says, turning to his food instead. "You're not the only one trying to help Taehyung, okay?" he says, shoving cafeteria food into his mouth. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

Walking into the school and having people wave at him, coming right up to him and giving him a friendly and accepting clap on the back and even receiving some suggestive 'heyy''s, all the attention was on him, and Jungkook was relishing in it. 

 

After breaking his own heart, Jungkook spent the weekend out with his friends by the bowling alley trying to get some action with Mingyu to alleviate some of his heartache. News about them spread the day after and so did the picture of Taehyung on his phone from that Friday's hangout. 

Everytime he went home he'd see a picture of Taehyung and him on his nightstand, multiple crammed together on his corkboard next to his bed and some on the wall infront of his desk, some of the pictures even littered across his desk. He didn't have the heart to touch any of them, because even holding the photoframe by his nightstand was enough to cause his eyes to become glassy with emotion. 

He immediately called up Jaebum or Mingyu and had them meet up outside to take his mind off Taehyung, who was probably crying by himself in his room. 

 

Entering homeroom was an even bigger ordeal, as soon as he entered he got waved over to the window desk and sat down on the table, immediately having people flock over him and for a moment he forgot about Taehyung and his hurt feelings on the weekend. Until Taehyung himself entered the room and he saw his red eyes, dark eyebags evidence of lack of sleep. Immediately his mood plummets. 

 

And when Taehyung gets called names by the boy at his side whose name he doesn't even know, he forces loud laughs out of his dry throat and and watches as Taehyung's heart and dignity get smashed. 

 

His own heart breaks again, when Taehyung hightails it out of the room with tears down his face. And every word spat at him by Jimin, he takes it all to heart. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

Come lunchtime and Taehyung is on his way to the cafeteria to meet Jimin on his own, since his last class he was by himself. He's on the verge of a breakdown as the events of his previous period spin around in his head. 

 

"Hey, , give me your pencil I left mine at home." 

Taehyung cautiously hands him the one in his hand, aware of what might happen to him if he didn't, and watches with inner hatred and fear as the boy behind him breaks the wood in half before throwing it back at him, the pieces hitting his chest and falling to the ground. 

Snickers are heard around him and Taehyung chooses to ignore and spins back around in his seat. 

When he's half-mindedly penciling notes beside a diagram in his textbook, something hits the side of his head and falls on his desk. A piece of crumpled paper. 

Against better judgement he unfolds it and reads the words, 

'your can remain friendless as ' 

Taehyung resists the urge to roll his eyes but he doesn't deny that it hurt. He shoves the piece of paper under the desk before the teacher could see, crumpling it back up into his hands and dropping it to the floor. 

As soon as he does, the bell rings and he snatches up all his things before it could get stolen and dashes out of there as soon as he could. 

 

He goes right up to his locker, pausing a few metres away catching the sight of it vandalised and his locker door wide open. His textbooks ripped and sitting on the floor, his notebooks torn and drawn in with thick sharpies and coloured highlighters of innappropriate images. Walking closer, he sees the inside of his locker spray-painted with the words 'loser' and 'dum' on the inside and the rest of his things ruined, either torn to bits or spray-painted in multicoloured shades. 

His school bag torn apart with scissors and emptied, his lunch smeared across the bottom shelf of his locker and on the sides. Everything of his ruined or stolen. But who would want a loser's things, anyway? 

 

He knew, ever since the school knew of his breakup with Jungkook, they knew he was no longer protected and if he wasn't dating Jungkook in the beginning, this would have happened a lot sooner. 

 

He's suddenly acutely aware of all the snickering around him, the cameras recording just waiting to catch his tears. Shame and anger fill him, and while his eyes glass over with tears he was not going to let them have the satisfaction of seeing him cry. They've seen it enough already. 

 

Knowing everything is now useless, he turns on his heel with his head down and stalks right to the front gates of the school with the remaining books in his hands and doesn't turn back. He's not going to be coming back to this school anyway. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

A sleek black car rolls infront of Taehyung who sitting on the floor of the sidewalk with his back to a wall, head down and hunched over in his crouching position fifty metres from RM High School. 

 

"Taehyung-sshi?" Taehyung's driver calls as he rolls down the window. 

 

Taehyung lifts his head and drags himself to his feet, making sure he got his phone which he used to call his driver 10 minutes ago. He opens the back door and climbs in, shutting the door with his eyes on the ground while his driver pulls away silently. 

 

Despite just being appointed as his driver, he's got to know him ever since he was a child and to see him grow up from a kindergardener with happy smiles to a primary schooler with some friends and growing up to be a middle schooler and seen him dating what he thought was a nice boy and to seeing him reduced to tears in high school with love-life problems and now, nothing. 

It pulls on his heartstrings. 

 

"Taehyung-sshi?" 

"Hmm.." 

"..Are you alright? School isn't over yet-" 

"I'm not going back." 

A pause. 

"Excuse me?" 

"I'm not going back, I'm switching schools. I'm getting mom to enroll me into Big Hit." 

"..O-Okay, what made you change your mind?" 

 

Taehyung doesn't answer. 

He takes his phone out of his back pocket and types a message to Jimin. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

Jimin's sitting in the cafeteria waiting for Taehyung to come through the doors, worrying his bottom lip. 

 

What if someone's messing with him on the way? 

With that thought, Jimin gets up and makes his way to Taehyung's locker to see if he was there. 

 

What he sees shocks him, and suddenly he's an angry little fireball again. 

 

"WHO DID THIS?!" he yells. 

Everyone there looks away, Jimin glares at them all. 

When no one answers, he goes mad. He points to a random bystander. 

"DID YOU DO THIS?!" 

 

"W-what? Jimin no, it wasn't-" 

"THEN WHO DID?!"

"I-I-I-I don't know! I just came here and saw this! Yeah! And-and I was just here and watched Tae-" 

"YOU'RE A BYSTANDER! YOU'RE JUST AS BAD YOU MOTHERFU-!" 

 

"Ok, Jimin, that's enough." Hoseok arrives at the scene, dragging him away and out to the front of the school. 

 

 

"Jimin, you can't just go ham on everyone." 

Jimin's out of breath but he fights Hoseok to get back inside, ready to tell everyone off. 

"Let me go! I have to say something-! Let GO!" 

"JIMIN STOP! You don't even know where Taehyung is!" Hoseok yells, wrapping an arm around Jimin's front and trapping him between his arm and his body. 

Jimin relaxes and suddenly, he loses it and breaks down. 

 

"W-Why?" he says, brokenly, spinning around and his hands into Hoseok shirt. "Why do they do this? Why did Jungkook do this to him? Why do t-they h-hate him?" he hiccups, crying into Hoseok's shirt. 

Hoseok hugs him close, whispering, 

"Shh, it''ll be okay. Taehyung will be okay. He's strong." 

Jimin shakes his head violently, "No! No, he's not! He's soft! He gets hurt easily! He-He-" Jimin can't continue, sobs wracking his body and Hoseok holds him tighter. 

"You're right, Jimin. They-They're not good people. I'll stop being friends with them. I'll-I'll find some proper friends, okay?" 

 

Jimin nods. 

 

"Let's just find Taehyung first." 

 

Just then, Jimin's phone buzzes in his pocket. 

 

Taehyung : Hey jims, im going home

 

Jimin sniffles, confused. 

He pushes himself off Hoseok and opens his messages. 

 

Jimin : where r u? what do you mean

Taehyung : im sorry jims, im changing schools

 

Jimin stops crying. And suddenly, he's ecstatic. 

 

Jimin : thats great to hear it really is i saw your locker btw, ill salvage what i can

Taehyung : thnks, i love u, but

Taehyung : no questions?

Jimin : i can find out later when u tell me, and i kno, i loves you too

 

Jimin looks up at Hoseok, teary-eyed by smiling. 

"Taehyung's moving schools." 

 

Hoseok blinks.

 

"O-Okay, that's great!" he says, still half taken-aback by the quick change of the situation. "Where to?" 

 

"Big Hit High School." 

"Big Hit what school?!

 

 

"Oh yeah, it's a secret but, Taetae's rich." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------

Hello

I'M SORRY THERES NO YOONGI BUT DEFINITELY NEXT CHAP

I didn't know how much i still had to cover before getting him to change schools and THEN WILL YOONGI APPEAR

And again, sorry for the long wait

Hope you enjoyed the chapter

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!

Bye