REWRITTEN - You are my only sun, one and only in the world

My Gold to Silver

REWRITTEN

 

Jimin sits still on Taehyung's bed. 

Back straight, arms crossed and legs crossed. His eyes glaring through narrowed slits, Jimin's lips are pursed shut as he eyes Taehyung at his desk with his tutor. 

 

Deciding to follow Taehyung home after school instead of going back home, he's quiet at the back near the window next to Taehyung's bed as Taehyung proceeds with his private lesson. Taehyung's mother doesn't mind as long as he didn't make a sound through the hour and a half. 

Knowing that glaring holes at the back of Taehyung's back to make him uncomfortable was childish enough, he lets out a quiet sigh as his shoulders slump, arms uncrossing and turning to lean on the wall, still sitting cross-legged on Taehyung's massive bed. 

 

His phone vibrates and the ringtone sounds out loud, Jimin snatches it up quickly shooting an apologetic look to the two figures in front of him. Taehyung's tutor shot him an irritated look before swiping the red button on his phone, shutting it off quickly. 

He silences his phone before he checks who was calling him to see Hoseok's name on the screen. Not a moment after a message appears. 

 

Hoseok : jimin? y didnt u pick up

Hoseok : jimminie? 

Hoseok : babe?

Hoseok : bABE

Hoseok : BABY?!  

Jimin : WHAT HOSEOK

Hoseok : :(

Jimin : babe im sorry

Hoseok : :)

 

Jimin laughs silently, 

 

Child. 

 

Jimin : im at taehyungies house hes in the middle of his after school lesson so i had to shut the phone up real quick since the teacher looked like he was gonna kick me out of the room

Hoseok : thats ok but i wanted to ask you abt tae actually

 

Jimin's eyebrows rose, and he quickly typed a response. 

Jimin : what abt him? something to do with jk?

Hoseok : whats jk? but its something to do with jungkook

 

Jimin almost slammed him head onto the wall behind him. The stupid- 

Jimin : ok nvm what is it

Hoseok : you heard the rumor about him and the mingyu guy

Hoseok : apparently they going out on some bowling date

Jimin : uh no? and i overheard your group of idiots talking about a bowling outing on the weekend

Hoseok : :(

Jimin : not you. but hang out with better ppl will you

Hoseok : i hang out wit you

Jimin : not enough

Hoseok : :) ill come to u more then :3

Jimin : OK ENOUGH BUT what abt this bowling date

Hoseok : idk i was just with them and jungkook said he likes mingyu so they told him they're gonna get him to go with him

Jimin : well you were THERE so did you REMIND him he has a ing BOYRFIEND

Hoseok : jimin dont be mad

Jimin : well NO IM NOT WTATCHING TAE CONTIUNUE GOING OUT WIT A CEAHTER

Hoseok : jimin pls i cant understand u

Jimin : YOU TELL HIM AND HIS STUUUUPID FRIENDS TO GO THEMSELVES

Jimin : AND YOU CAN TELL THAT MINGYU GUY TO BACK OFF A TAKEN MAN

Jimin : AND YOU CAN TELL JK THAT TAES GONNA BREAK UP WITH HIM BECAUSE HE DESERVES BETTER

Hoseok : jimin pls clam down

Hoseok : clam* 

Hoseok : calm**

Hoseok : minnie please

Hoseok : theyre my buddies too :(

Hoseok : jimin i did say rumor and that the bowling date is probably false

Hoseok : and tae wouldnt break up with him even if he died if anything tae would be the one dumped

Hoseok : and whos jk you mentioned him before but idk wat u mean

Hoseok : but i'll tell jungkook that tae will be upset if he does go on a bowling date with mingyu

Hoseok : minnie? 

Hoseok : babe? 

Hoseok :  bABE?! 

 

Jimin fumes, flinging his phone away in front of him, and lucky for him Taehyung's bed is as big as the pacific ocean so it lands about halfway in the middle of his soft blanket. 

Jimin resists the urge to just kick the device off the bed himself and leans to the side and stretches his arms out, grabbing one of Taehyung's pillows and shoving his face into it, letting out a frustrated, muffled scream. 

 

Taehyung and his tutor both turn to him, startled. 

Jimin pulls his face from the pillow, red faced and furious. 

 

He jumps off the bed and slams the door to Taehyung's bedroom shut and stomps down the stairs, eager to shove some food down his throat to get rid of an oncoming headache. And he knows that's not the way to get rid of a headache but he's beyond caring and goes to grab whatever is in the fridge to get his mind off a potential cheating- 

 

"Yoghurt, thank ." Jimin swears, grabbing the vanilla yoghurt tub off the shelf of the fridge and opening it. He grabs a spoon from the drawer and stirs it aggressively on the way to the couch and plants his bum right in the middle of the sleek black couch. 

Switching on the tv, he eats out of the yoghurt container while waiting for Taehyung to finish his private tutoring to yell in his face about getting a new boyfriend. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

Jungkook is sitting in a fast food restaurant with the group he was with during class earlier that day. Hoseok had gone off home to finish some homework since he was one of the few students who took learning at RM High School seriously. 

Hoseok was someone Jungkook liked, and though he was also friends with Jimin the boy was now on his last nerve with him always at his throat about his 'commitment and responsibilities as Tae's boyfriend.' 

The three of them were the closest ever, but ever since he's been neglecting Taehyung, there's been tension between him and Jimin as well. 

 

"-kook." 

He jolts up. 

"I'm sorry, what?" 

Namjoon laughs, "I said, why do you keep hanging around the loser." 

"The what- I'm sorry who?" Jungkook questions, genuinely confused. 

The group laughs. "If you're gonna pretend you don't know who he is, you should've broken up with him a'ready." 

Then he realises they're talking about Taehyung. 

"I, I don't." he finishes lamely. "I don't hang arou-" 

"He's such a lewserrrrrrrr" 

 

Ok, what the . 

Jungkook thinks, taken aback by the level of immaturity. 

 

"He is. Dating or not you have to admit hes a downright loser. What even is loser boyfriend's name?" 

"It's Taehyun." a guy named Jaebum says

"It's Taehyung." Jungkook corrects, feeling uncomfortable. 

"I mean, you should know, right? You hang around him ALL THE TIME." he rolls his eyes. "You of all people should know he looks like a loser and he is one, he's like clinging onto you. Just ditch the guy." 

"He's SUCH, a loser." 

 

Jungkook thinks for a group of guys who's in their second last year of high school, their vocabulary of insults isn't very large. 

He swallows. 

 

"Haha, yeah. I mean, I guess so." he starts. 

From there the words just formulate and come out of his mouth, not even processing the words he's saying in his mind yet. 

"You should see the way he dresses when we go out. It's actually horrendous and it's almost embarassing to be seen with him outside." 

 

He knows it's wrong, but he says it anyway. Trying hard to get the group to like him by talking about something they all seemed to mutually dislike, Taehyung. 

 

"How did you even get with someone like 'im." 

 

Thinking of Taehyung's beaming face back in middle school, Jungkook laughs and the words flow out, 

"Believe it or not, he was very cute as a middle schooler." and he immediately panics at the lack of response. 

 

"I mean, that's what was said about him." he adds quickly, "I was actually asked to-" 

"You were asked to date him? Isn't that a bit of a big favour?" Jackson laughs. 

"I was asked to keep an eye on him by his parents actually, he's kind of like a family friend." he says, stringing whatever to together at this point. 

 

Though they did know each other since they were children, it was more of Taehyung looking after him and protecting him from potential bullies. But if he didn't say that then they wouldn't know and from his point of view, they didn't need to. 

 

"So you two just kind of, ended up together? You and Taehyun." 

"It's Taehyung." Jungkook corrects again. 

"Uh, ok. Anyway, you got any pics? Any embarrasing ones we can circulate them around the school by Monday." 

Jungkook blinks furiously at Jaebum's idea, and out of nowhere Taehyung's smiley face appears and morphs into his fake smile after school ended, disappearing into his car. 

Before he knows, his phone is snatched from his school's front blazer by Jackson and is being shoved into his face with the lockscreen staring right at him. 

 

He takes it gingerly, looking down at his wallpaper, a Taehyung selfie that had his heart fluttering and always brought a least a slight smile. He bit down on his lips as he swiped the screen and typed in his passcode. 

Jackson snatched the device off him before he could protest, clicking on the gallery app and to his convenience, there was a Taehyungie<3 folder staring right at him. 

Feeling nervous and uncomfortable, Jungkook wanted to snatch the phone off Jackson and run off to Taehyung's ing two-story palace. That house was large enough to house Taehyungs, his, Jimin's, and even Hoseok's entire family plus their dogs. 

 

Before he even knew what Jackson was doing on his phone, he had sent one picture to Jaebum at random and chucked it back to Jungkook, chuckling. 

 

"Taehyung will be like, I don't know friendless, LAWL." 

"Oh please, when did he even have any?" 

 

Finding himself wanting to run off home like Hoseok did around ten minutes ago, he clears his throat and sits up, gathering his bag and hoping to run off to Taehyung's house without being seen. 

 

"I'm going now guys, sorry. I gotta help out my parents around the house today." he says. 

"A'ight, man. We'll catch you later." 

 

Nodding, Jungkook wonders if they'll ever stop trying to speak like thugs. It's rough around the edges and he doesn't like it, preferring Taehyung's smooth voice to calm and relax him, allowing him to focus or be distracted, depending on whatever the boy was doing. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

Looking around, even spinning on his heels back and forth for at least five times, Jungkook doesn't see anyone he knows roaming around the entrance of Taehyung's street. 

Despite living a mere five blocks away, it was enough to transform from smaller houses, to normal decent houses to grand palaces. 

 

Meekly running up to Taehyung's gate, he presses the bell once before turning around. The street is quiet, and the microphone at the side crackles before hears Jimin's voice crackle through. 

 

"Who's this?" 

"Jungkook. I know you can see me through the security camera." 

 

It's silent on the other end and he waits for the gates to open. After about a good seven seconds, Jungkook presses on the mic button. 

"Jimin? Hey! Open the gate, I know you're there!" 

He presses the bell twice consequetively and the gate finally moves. 

 

Stepping up to the front door, he's taking off his shoes with one hand on the wall for balance when the door opens and Jimin's displeased face is staring down at him. 

 

"Ring the doorbell ten times why don't you, disturb the entire household." he says sarcastically. 

"Wow, ok, it was only three times and two out of the three was because you didn't open the gate." 

"I didn't know I had the authority to open Taehyung's house gates for anyone who rings." 

"I'm his boyfriend, you don't need-" 

"Shut the up you cheating bastard." Jimin growls suddenly, turning around and walking away from him, leaving the door open and a very, very taken aback Jungkook by the door. 

 

The door almost swings shut if it wasn't for the boy reaching out and grabbing it, opening it before stepping inside quickly. 

Shutting the door, he speedwalks to Jimin who's planted himself on the couch with a tub of finished yoghurt on the glass table infront of him. 

 

Not paying him any mind, Jimin is facing the TV watching whatever show he was watching before. 

 

"Jimin, mind telling me what you were saying?" 

"There's nothing to say." 

"Ok, now you're just being annoying. What did I do?" 

 

Jimin sits up straight in a hurry and turns around to face Jungkook over the couch. 

 

"Ignored him. Embarassed him. Mocked him. Lied to him. And now what do I hear?" Jimin seethes, "That you're planning on going out on some pathetic date with Mingyu. Whoever the that is, and I'll you what," he pauses, "If I see Taehyung's tears and feel my shirt wet I'm going to-" 

"Wait, what date?" 

"Don't play stupid, Jeon Jungkook." 

"I'm not, Park Jimin." he says back. 

 

But he is, he remembers clearly before Hoseok had taken off that the boys were teasing Jinwoo about having a crush on someone in their classes and talked about forcibly arranging a date for the two of them. When Jungkook had laughed louder than necessary, their attention turned to him and he had quieted down instantly. 

When questioned who he would date, he tried saying that he already had a boyfriend, albeit hesitantly. But they brushed off that answer easily, saying Tae didn't count and that if he could choose whoever to go out with, who it would be. 

 

In all honestly, Jungkook would pick Taehyung a hundred times over. But the boys weren't letting up and remembered a handsome face in one of his classes. 

When he voiced out the name, the group made a racket pressuring him to break it off with Taehyung as soon as he could and decided to switch plans of the bowling outing as a setup date for Mingyu and Jungkook. 

Though weakly protesting against it and heavily arguing against it in his heart, they saw it as him being shy and that they would be there in the corner to 'help him out'. 

Seems like Hoseok had told Jimin and now his arrival at his boyfriend's house to break up with Taehyung would not be taken light-heartedly and Jimin would be after his head. 

 

Jimin still being stubborn, had turned away now and said, "Whatever it is, you're not seeing him." 

"You don't have the right to tell me that." he retorted, already turning around to head up the spiral staircase to Taehyung's room. 

Jimin, twisting around to glare at him had near shouted across the long hallway. "I said, you're not seeing him! And you can't anyway!" 

Jungkook turns around and glares, "What do you mean, 'I can't'. I'm his ing boyfriend how many times do I have to say-" he still doesn't know why he hates the feeling of losing the title of Taehyung's boyfriend. 

"Well, since you're so inconsiderate as a boyfriend you'll want to barge right in on his tutoring session that still has," he glances at the clock on the wall, "a good 35 minutes left. Since your inconsiderate practically dragged him to a ty school, look at all this extra work he has to do!" 

 

Jungkook shut his mouth. Because Jimin was right, and he had forgotton. That day was a Wednesday and Taehyung had an afterschool tutoring session three times a week. He avoids the other's eyes. 

 

"Don't say it as if it's my fault." 

"It is." 

"He chose to go there!" 

"He wouldn't have if you hadn't begged like a pitiful puppy!" 

 

Jungkook lunged at him now, crossing the hallway in big strides before grabbing Jimin's collar. 

 

"Shut the up! You wanted him to go there too!" 

"Just because I wanted him to didn't mean I was going to be selfish enough to ask him to!" 

"What did you say?!" 

"Just because I wanted Taehyung in RM didn't mean I was selfish enough to ask him to! You know how much better he could achieve at any school that isn't RM High School! A school like BigHit." 

 

 

"What's going on?" a timid voice speaks up. 

Jimin's eyes look past Jungkook's head and Jungkook turns around with Jimin still in his hold, looking straight at a scared-looking Taehyung on the staircase with a hand on the railing with slightly intimidated eyes. 

 

Jungkook's grip on Jimin's collar loosens and Jungkook fully turns around to face Taehyung. Looking up at him, he says, "Hey Tae, can we talk?" 

Taehyung looks back up the stairs to see his tutor looking a tad annoyed. Like what is with all the distractions today? 

"Uhm, now's not a good time.." he answers, almost disappointedly as this was the first time Jungkook had sought him out to talk after a month. 

 

Jimin looks up at Taehyung, "Sorry Tae. Continue with the lesson, I can-" 

"No! It's fine. Uh-" he looks back up quickly, "Sorry Mr Yun, I'll see you next week." 

His tutor frowns, "What about the lesson on Saturday?" 

"You can have a free day, Mr Yun. Take your wife out or something." he says. 

Mr Yun sighs, before nodding and taking his leave, disappearing upstairs to pack all his things. 

 

 

Turning his attention back to the two boys in front of him, Taehyung walks down the stairs, looking between his boyfriend and best friend. 

"Did you want to see me?" Taehyung asked. 

"Yeah, let's go somewhere else where we're alone." Jungkook said, pointedly looking at Jimin before taking Taehyung's shoulders and leading him away. 

"Hey! If you want to talk to him, you can do it here!" Jimin protested, ready to grab at Taehyung at any given moment. 

"No-" Jungkook started

"Sorry Jimin, but it'll be quick, ok?" Taehyung said sweetly, before turning to Jungkook and smiling sweetly. 

 

, don't do that. 

Jungkook thinks, tearing his eyes away and pulling Taehyung by the hand into the kitchen next to the hallway. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So, what did you want to say?" Taehyung asked, cluelessly, expectantly. 

Jungkook takes a breath, and suddenly he feels his heart breaking already but forces the words out as quickly as he could. This was what he was told to do if he was to be favoured by the cool kids. 

"Taehyung, this isn't working. I'm breaking up with you." 

 

 

Taehyung's face stills before it falls and all of a sudden panic grips him before he's crying. 

"What? Why?! What have I done?! I've been annoying, haven't I? I tried to give you space but-" 

"Taehyung, enough! I just don't want to see you anymore, ok? I've found better friends and it's impossible for us to date if they hate you! So just-" 

"So you've chosen them over me." Taehyung cries, "I know they hate me, I don't know why. I also don't know why you're breaking up with me to be with them instead, you said I was your everything!" he argues desperately, forgetting thoughts of giving him space in a hurried rush of words to keep them from breaking up. 

Jungkook can feel the remnants of his own broken heart in his chest and he shouts the next words in an attempt to alleviate the heartbreak, "Yeah, I did! Was, Taehyung! You were my everything! I've found new friends and new priorities! And they're not you!" he yells. 

 

He knows he's gone too far the moment Taehyung stills completely, his arms dropped from his shirt and goes to cover his own mouth, tears free falling from his gem like eyes and Jimin bursts into the kitchen in a fit of rage. 

When he sees Taehyung in a mess in front of Jungkook, he goes livid, shoving him out of the way and gripping Taehyung so tight to his chest as if his life depends on it. He spins his head around, eyes scarily looking similar to murderous as he glares. 

 

"Get the out of here. You're never seeing Taehyung again." he bites. 

Jungkook looks at the tuft of soft-brown hair, face hidden in Jimin's embrace and suddenly feels the desire to rip him out of Jimin's hold and bring him into his own chest instead. When it dawns on him that Taehyung is crying because of him, he's like this because of him, and that now, Taehyung isn't his anymore. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------

Hello

Not initially how i planned it but it took forever for me to get this out

Again, I am a slow writer and im trying to get to A Top Star's Competition as soon as I can and just finish the thing off so i dont keep everyone waiting for centuries

On another note, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and because i will likely not be here in a while - just being truthful here - i'll give you a hint of whats gonna happen in the next chapter

 

Chapter 3 - Preview

Yoongi

 

:D

Thats all you get for now

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!

Bye