Second Fall

The Fall of Autumn

 

A week had solemnly passed, "A, you'll bring her right?" No scratch that. My face scrunched as felt Kai whispered on my ear. H smiled when I glared at him and sat beside me, pushing the books covering his face.

"Why the hell are you here?" I hissed at him and it turns out it was a little loud as the librarian eyed us and ringed her bell. "Warning, the two of you." She said and I had to cover my face in embarrassment.

"So, I was saying," Kai started again, not minding the librarian. "Stop Kai, I told you I'll bring her tomorrow okay?" I hissed, this time in a softer tone but enough for him to get lost.

His face brightened and patted my head, "Thanks A! I knew I could always count on you!" I just rolled my eyes as he exited the library and read my book again.

 

"So, you ditched class again." Krystal opened as she sat on the seat adjacent mine, munching on her french fries.

I sighed, startled by her sudden appearance, ugh, this couple seriously are insanely weird, poppin out of nowhere almost all the time.

Grabbing her remaining fries, I took a handful and stuffed it in my mouth, "Yeah, I got bored." It earned me a glare from her.

"You? Bored? Wow, look who's talking." She said with questioning eyes and sighed, "Look, whatever your problem is, you can tell me. I don't want to ditching class and bearing it yourself, what's the use of use being bestfriends?"

Kai. Your freaking boyfriend is the problem Stal, he's freaking out because you have been neglecting him and he's freaking asking me to help him out. I would have muttered out if only they were in good terms, it could wait, I'd rant about Kai if they're finally back togather again.

"Aw. You're so sweet Jung Soojung." I smiled and hugged her from my seat.

"Shut up Park Ga Eul!" She countered and we both laughed.

"So, what am I missing on?"

Krystal's face crumpled and slid to the edge of her seat as Kai sat beside her, placing his snack on the table. He took the fries and sundae in front of Krystal and faced her.

"I'm sorry." He genuinely said.

Krystal remained stoic and mouthed me something. "She's asking you to get lost." I informed as I face Kai who was hopeful of Krystal's words.

"And not to bother her." I added

Kai sighed heavily and touched Krystal's arm but the latter shruged it off. The audience were waiting for things to unfold, well who wouldn't watch the school's loveliest couple as they fight. It was nothing new but I really hope they would stop with their petty quarrels.

"Babe, please, at least tell me where I went wrong?" Kai pleaded and mouthed me to tell it to Krystal.

I sighed, "You heard him."

Krystal sighed and mused at me again, "Don't even bother." I said in a monotone like how Krystal would do it.

Kai faced me confused and I raised my hands up in defense, "She said it." I pointed to Stal.

"Well tell her, I'm willing to do everything-"

That's it! I'm going mad with all the drama and me being like aparrot, repeating what they are wanting to say to each other when obviously, they can clearly understand each other. I rolled my eyes at them and stood up.

"Seriously, just get back together." I advised and walked away from the two. I think they need the time as well to talk, why do they have to be both so childish?

"A!~" They both whined as I lifted my tray. I scoffed and eyed them, "You two really drive me crazy!" and I walked out on them.

 

Classes ended early and I sneaked out as quick as possible before Krystal or Kai could see me. Fortunately, I was able to go through the gates wihtout being followed by them and I immediately hailed a taxi. "COEX Mall please."

Just as I was about to exit, my phone beeped signalling a text message.

 

From: Jongin

​Where are you?

 

I immediately typed a reply before handing the driver my payment.

 

To: Jongin

​COEX. Why?

 

From: Jongin

Okay, I'll head over. I'll drop you home.

 

What's up with him? Anyways, After what he said, I called our driver and asked him not to pick me up. Jongin can drop me off home anyway, his house is a few blocks away only.

I entered the dress shop my mom and I frequented and looked for Seulgi, our family's stylist. She was talking to customer and dismissed her when she saw me, I ran to her and enveloped her in a bear hug.

"Seulgi eonnie!" I cried.

"What not gongjunim?" She chuckled as she ran her palm on my back. I fished out my phone and showed her the text message my mom had texted me in the middle of my last class.

 

From: Mom

Ga Eul, get a dress, we're having family dinner. A decent one please.

 

Seulgi eonnie nodded at me and ushered me on the VIP lounge were really pretty dresses were displayed but I'm not really fascinated, I'm not the dress-kind of girl, I prefer comfy ones.

She hovered a dress in front of me and nodded, "Perfect. Try this honey." My face scrunched up at the black mini dress. "Seriously? I want something decent eonnie."

"It's decent, it's perfect for a family dinner. Not too long, not too short. Come on." She forcefully dragged me on the fitting room, "Try it, trust me, take your time and I'll get the perfect shoes for you honey." I just nodded in defeat and tried the dress.

"Hands down. Pretty as ever." Seulgi eonnie clapped as she made me turn in front of her and eyed me. I in turn kept on pulling the dress down which made her slap my hand many times, "Yah! Stop that A!"

I whined but she just widened her eyes at me and handed me the 3-inches heels she picked for me.

"Thank you eonnie!" I hugged her again and kissed her cheek as I bid her goodbye. She handed me the paper bags.

"Anything for you dear! Enjoy the dinner!" She said and waved at me.

Jongin hadn't texted yet so I decided to stop by at Starbucks and ordered my usual frappe. I looked at my watch in annoyance as Jongin still hadn't texted me and I have been waiting for him for almost an hour already. I had already changed in my dress, planning to go at the restaurant directly. I almost forgot our dinner and hurried out of the cafe. Kim Jongin better have a good excuse.  I was bout to call him when a text came in.

 

From: Jongin

Ga Eul, I'm sorry, I had an emergency I can't go there. I'll text you later.

 

I sighed after reading it, of course he'd prioritiza Stal. I called our driver and told him to fetch me, good thing he arrived in 20 minutes.

"Sorry for making you rush." I told Mr. Song and he just nodded at me. I looked at my phone and saw that it was 30 minutes before 8 and our family starts at 8. Sh*t.

 

From: Mom

Ga Eul, don't be late okay?

 

I muttered a curse as I read mom's text. Unfortunately, we're stuck at traffic and I don't think I would arrive in time. "Mr. Song, is there another way?"

"This is the fastest way miss." He answered and I had to nod at him. Deep inside, I was nervous and started fiddling on my phone. I'm in deep trouble if I come late, our family is very strict about it.

"Mr. Song, let's go straight at the restaurant." I informed him as I bit my nails and he nodded.

I then dialed Krystal's number and thankfully, she answered after 2 rings.

 

"Stal, are you at the restaurant yet?"

"Yah! I was looking for you since dismissal!"

"Nevermind that okay, I think I'll be late!"

"What! Don't you dare, I'm almost there, Kai brought my dress so I won't be late."

Oh, answers what Kai was busy about.

"You're good now?"

"Yeah, thanks to you. Anyways, I'll help cover for you, but at most, be late for only 5 minutes okay?"

"Thanks Stal! I owe you this!"

 

The traffic was really heavy that I arrived 20 minutes late. Man, I'm in deep trouble, Krystal had flooded me with messages and I had no strength to read any of it. The dinner was kind of big because relatives from my mother and father side are coming and my parents are keen about me giving a good impression.

"Reservation of Park Ji min." I said and the lady motioned me to a room and opened the door for me.

The conversation of the adults were halted and eyes were on me. "I'm sorry I'm late. Traffic jam." I reasoned as I walked to my aunts and uncles and kissed their cheeks. Lastly, I went to my mom and dad who were giving the disappointed look in their faces. Their daughter have failed then once again.

"That's fine Ga Eul, Yi Xing here was late too." Aunt Mei Xing comforted and it was followed by a whine from him. I sat beside Yi Xing and he patted my head. I just smiled at him in turn and nodded at Krystal and my other cousins.

"Seems like the perfect daughter's been rebelling." Yi Xing oppa whispered and I kicked his leg making him wince, of course, only the two of us knowing, or else, we'll be reprimanded by the adults.

"Shut up." I hissed, "Good thing the elders aren't here." He whispered and I had to nod at it. Good thing.

"But mom and dad are disappointed." I muttered only for him to hear and he soothed my back.

"You're not at fault okay?" he assured me and patted my cheeks before we continued chatting with our other cousins and I saw Krystal giving me a motivating smile.

I smiled at her as well and felt my phone beep. There were two messages, from Kai and Krystal.

 

From: Stal

You good? Don't mind aunt and uncle okay?

 

To: Stal

Yeah thanks Stal! I heard how you tried to stall some time for me!

 

From: Jongin

Heard you were late, sorry A. :(

 

I was about to reply when I heard my dad clear his throat, "Manners please. No texting while in front of food."

The others had no idea what dad was talking about but Yi Xing held my hand and looked at me with assurance, saying that he's here for me. Then and there, I wiped the tears that fell on my eyes, good thing Yi Xing was fast to cover me up.