Part Six-Someone is Inside

Falling Slowly (Super Junior Mafia AU)

February 2, 2007

Hayoon and Ryeowook parked outside Hayoon's Mom's house. Uncertainty still swirling around Hayoon's stomach.

"I still don't have a good feeling about this." Hayoon said with concern.

"Everything is going to be fine, trust me. She's just evaluating my skills today, I don't think I'll be doing anything too big. Right?" Ryeowook asked with hope, as well as uncertainty.

"You never know with my mom. But, she'll probably just ask for your opinion on things. At least, that's all I hope she makes you do."

"Well, I guess we'll have to find out!" Ryeowook said excitedly while exiting the car and walking to the front door.

Hayoon excited the car and took in a deep breath. Her mom is either going to have Ryeowook do simple things or extreme things. Hopefully its the latter. Hayoon started up the steps to the front door of the house and waited for Leeteuk to open the door. After waiting for a couple of minutes, Hayoon checked to see if the door was unlock, which it was. Hayoon opened the door and called in to see if anyone was home, no one replied.

"Mom?" Hayoon tried again, but to no avail. "Ryeowook, something doesn't seem right." Hayoon whispered. "We should get out of here, now." Hayoon turned to leave out the door.

"Wait!" Ryeowook whispered yelled, grabbing onto Hayoon's arm. "Your mom's car is in the drive, which means she has to be here."

"Not necessarily." Hayoon stated, worry laced through her voice. "She could've gone with Leeteuk, and taken his car."

"What if she didn't? What if she slipped and is unconscious? We need to check the house." Ryeowook insisted.

"Or, there could be a bomb in the house and my mom already ran." Hayoon stated deadpan.

"Hayoon," Ryeowook said coldly, "I'm going to take a look, stay by the door."

"Ryeowook. Wait!" Hayoon tried to grab him but he was already walking towards the tea room. She opened the shoe closet next to the front door and grabbed a pistol that was stashed inside. She checked the magazine and followed after Ryeowook after turning off the guns safety. "Ryeowook," Hayoon whispered to get his attention showing that she should take the lead because she's the one with the gun.

"Give me the gun." Ryeowook spoke seriously, "I'm not going to let you lead and you possibly get killed. Let me lead." Ryeowook took the gun from her hands and started into the kitchen.

The pair went through each room thoroughly checking for any signs of anyone being in the house, Ryeowook leading them into each room. After checking the house, finding no one inside, they straightened up and let out sighs each. Ryeowook handed the gun back to Hayoon, so she could put on the safety. Ryeowook was about to say something until they heard a slight creek coming from the stairs to the basement. Hayoon quickly turned off the safety and pointed it towards the door to the basement. Ryeowook stood in front of her, shielding her from anything that could pop out, Hayoon hands him the gun. Footsteps could be heard from down stairs, they two waited for the door to open, ready to shoot.

"Hayoon," Ryeowook whispered, "should I wait and see if it's your mom or Leeteuk, or just shoot?" Ryeowook asked panicked.

"Come into this room," Hayoon said while pulling Ryeowook into one of the bedrooms in the hallway, the basement stairs across from it. Hayoon pulled a compact mirror from her purse, "we can stay safe in here, and use the mirror to see who opens the door."

Ryeowook nodded and wait for the door to open. The footsteps were loud now, only making the couples' nerves worse. Ryeowook pushed Hayoon behind him completely, making sure she wouldn't be able to be hurt, from recoil or worse. The door started to open slowly, another gun being seen from the crack. The basement door was thrown open and Ryeowook shot the gun six times.

"What are you doing?!"