Part Five-Conditions

Falling Slowly (Super Junior Mafia AU)

January 30, 2007

Hayoon put the phone down and ran into the bedroom, seeing Ryeowook laying on the bed with the sheets up to his waist, his chest . Hayoon jumped onto the bed scaring Ryeowook. "Babe, guess what!" Hayoon looked at him smiling like a child.

Ryeowook chuckled, "What?"

"My mom said she is willing to try and get to know you! And if she likes you, we could have her blessings!" Hayoon squealed with joy.

"Really?!"

"Really!" Hayoon said excitedly. "But, there are some conditions. I told her I'd listen to them later."

 

"Conditions?" Ryeowook asked with an eyebrow raised.

"There always are." Hayoon rolled her eyes. "But, lets forget about the 'conditions' for right now. And get back to where we left off." Hayoon moved to kiss Ryeowook, smiling as she did so.

February 1, 2007

"Alright, Mom, what are the conditions?" Hayoon asked while holding tightly onto Ryeowook's hand.

"The conditions are simple. You will no longer keep secrets from me, I will provide security for the wedding, I will asset Ryeowook's skills and help develop them, and you two will take over the family business." Junghee stated. Hayoon began to object to the last condition. "The conditions stay as they are, no negations. Take it or leave it."

"Will you give us a second to discuss?" Hayoon asked quietly.

"Of course." Junghee spoke quietly and got up to leave with Leeteuk into the kitchen.

"I don't think this is a good idea." Hayoon stated carefully. "I mean, take over the family business. That's not what I want for myself, and definitely not you."

"But, she'll bless our marriage if we agree." Ryeowook pressed.

"Do we need her blessings? Like absolutely need them?"

"I don't want our marriage destroying your relationship with your mom."

"But, the family business is for life."

"I'm willing to live that life, for you, for us!" Ryeowook said to Hayoon, who continued to look concerned about the conditions. "Let's agree to them. I want us to get married, and if this is the only way, then so be it."

"Are you sure?" Hayoon asked carefully and slowly.

"I'm positive. This is for us." Ryeowook said confidently with a reassuring smile.

"Mom!" Hayoon called her mother back into the room. Junghee entering quickly, looking cold and businesslike. "We've decided to..." Hayoon looked at Ryeowook once more, Ryeowook nodding once more, "to agree to the conditions." Hayoon sighed in defeat.

"Excellent. Come back to the house tomorrow and I'll beginning the assessing of your skills, Ryeowook." Junghee spoke with excitement.

"I'll be looking forward to it!" Ryeowook said excitedly.

Hayoon look at her fiance and her mother shake hands finalizing the deal, guilt building up in her stomach. She looked at Leeteuk with concern, Leeteuk just smiling back at her. Something just didn't seem right.