Part Four-Alright, I'm Willing To Try

Falling Slowly (Super Junior Mafia AU)

******AN: I have named Hayoon's mom Junghee. Just a quick FYI. Sorry, thank you. Also, feedback is always great. Ok, ok, back to the story******

January 30, 2007 

After not speaking with her daughter for four days, Hayoon's mother realized that the whole situation was just her overreacting. She hasn't been able to stop thinking about Hayoon's words and the meaning behind all of them. She sighs out loud, stopping Leeteuk from further explaining the deal with the Park family next week.

"Something wrong?" Leeteuk asked carefully.

"Am I bad parent?" Junghee asked with sincerity "Why doesn't Hayoon tell me anything?"

"First of all, you're not a bad parent. You just do what you think is best for her, which is what all parents do. So don't be too hard on yourself." Leeteuk said with a reassuring smile. "I think she doesn't tell you anything anymore is because she's getting to that age where she needs her own life. She's 21, she's going to want more freedom."

"Are you saying I don't give her freedom?"

"Permission to speak frankly?"

"Granted."

"No, you don't. You have people watching her at all times. You bugged certain rooms in her house and her office at work. You hire actors to interact with her when she goes out clubbing or shopping." Leeteuk listed off the reasons.

"But she doesn't know any of those things."

"Your daughter is a lot smarter than you think. Because she's taken all the bugs out of her bedroom and living room. They were broken and given back to us by her. And with the actors, she sees right through them."

"Why wasn't I made aware of this?" Junghee asks angrily.

"Because you would just rebug her rooms and hire better actors. And that would make her even more frustrated than she already is. You're already keeping track of her with the tactics you use now, no need to make her more suspicious than she already is." Leeteuk speaks freely.

"Alright, you've got a point. But what about this marriage? Doesn't it seem a little, I don't know, a little strange?" Junghee asks with concern.

"I talked with him for a bit. He seems nice, but I get where you're coming from."

"Get an information's team together. Get all the information you can get on this 'Kim Ryeowook'. I want to know everything."

"Junghee. Stop." Leeteuk says annoyed.

"What? Why?"

"Why is Hayoon keeping things from you? Why didn't she tell you about Ryeowook in the first place?"

"Because she didn't want me to dig. Why do you ask?"

"What are you about to do right now?"

"I'm going to research him..." Junghee says while losing volume in her voice. Leeteuk looks at her a smirk. "Shut up." Junghee sighs. "Then what should I do, since you apparently know everything."

Leeteuk hands Junghee the phone and wiggles it in her face until she takes it out of his hands with a scowl. She places the phone next to her ear while Leeteuk types in a number. He gives her a reassuring smile and writes a couple words on his notepad and slides it over to Junghee just as the phone call is answered.

"Hello?" The voice on the other line sounds rushed, and their breath coming out in short pants.

Junghee looks at the paper below, and rolls her eyes at Leeteuk. "I'm not agreeing to that." She angrily whispers.

"Do it." Leeteuk angrily whispers back.

"Hello?" The voice sounds more composed this time.

Junghee rolls her eyes as Leeteuk tells her to do it. "Alright, I'm willing to try. I'm willing to get to know him and maybe accept him as your fiance." Junghee spoke the words on the paper.

"What? Really?" Hayoon says happily.

"Under a few circumstances."

"That's good enough for me!" Hayoon says excitedly into the phone. "I'll call you back in a bit, but we're um... in the middle of something. So I love you, talk to you later."

"Bye sweetie, I love you too." Junghee hangs up the phone with a slight smile on her face. She looks up at Leeteuk and sees him smirking, rolling her eyes and losing the smile. "Shut up."

"I didn't even say anything." Leeteuk says with desperation. "But, if I were to have said something, I would have said, "That wasn't so hard, now was it?"" Leeteuk smirks again.

"Whatever, get out of my office if you're going to be like this."

"I still need to go over the Park transfer plans with you." Leeteuk said, getting back into business mode.

"Alright, get on with it."