one

Beginners luck

When Kim Nayoung sees's a sign-up sheet outside of one of the top entertainment companies, without a second thought she applies. What stupid human being applies for something without even reading it? Well, she did... And that's how she finds herself driving six very good looking men in the back of a van to their debut stage but that's not the real problem because at least now she has an actual job and is in a way part of the entertainment company. No, the real problem is him. Lee Taeyong. His constant stares from the back of the van are what's driving Nayoung insane, literally. But we should go back to the start- where the problem all began. Seoul Arts High school. 

He was even more confident and arrogant back in high school; boys either envied him or wanted to be him and girls- well, everybody had, at least, admired him at one point of their school life. And, yep- you guessed it. Kim Nayoung was one of those girls. An average girl who was like the majority of the female population, a simple music student who would practically do anything to get into an entertainment company. More or less, she was hopelessly desperate. Probably one of the reasons why she had no friends, and maybe the fact she was probably silent for 95% of the time in school. Nayoung either spent her breaks at the library or the roof, depending on the weather. And that is where she first met him. 

Lee Taeyong, a rising SM trainee that had a growing popularity by each day. She was bound to eventually of heard of him, and April 7th was that day. The weird thing was, Nayoung hadn't even realised he was there. It was when she halfway into her kimbap that she was interrupted.

"Why are you here?"

The shock of another's presence caused on Nayoung to slightly choke on the rice, her hand reached for the wattle bottle beside her but to only find it in his hands. He twirled the bottle up and down into the air, catching it with ease and still looking expectantly for an answer.

"I eat here." Nayoung could hardly even say that short sentence without falling into another coughing fit, she could wait no longer for her bottle back and leapt out to catch the bottle whilst still in the air. And the only thing she caught was... the air. 

Taeyong laughed at her meagre attempts and continued gloating the water in front of her, with her advancing footsteps he too took a few more steps backwards. 

"Why do you eat here?" Nayoung finally grasped hold of the situation eventually, the stupid boy would give her the water once she had answered all his questions. Simple, right? A deep sigh took over, just because she had to answer the questions it didn't mean she had to answer them truthfully. 

"I like the quiet more than the loud canteen." Again, Nayoung reached out for the bottle- only to fail once again. Through this time, she was more focused on the water than the actual boy holding it, and he found it fascinating. How a simple and plain student like her, still hadn't recognised him or even blushed yet? 

"Don't lie, I know who you are. Loner girl from class 9B." Her attention finally turned to him at the sound of the nickname Nayoung had earned from the few years at the school, and now her focus was rather at him than the water. A redness occupied her whole face, but not because of Taeyong because she could hardly breathe. 

"Why did you bother asking me a question you know the answer to." It was more of a statement than a question, and it signalled that Nayoung had enough. A wheezy breath collapsed out of her lungs and she turned away from the stranger and made her way back to her lunch. Taeyong was even more curious. Everybody had heard of her, mostly by the names others had formed of her. Those were the types of people Taeyong hung around with, those were the types of people everybody expected him to hang around with. The popular people who found happiness in insulting others. He easily began to recognise her, usually because every time she passed his group of friends some rude words would be sent her way. Lee Taeyong was in wonder- not of her... of how she could deal with it all? 

"Do you want one?" 

After having made her way back to her lunch, the least Nayoung expected was for him to follow. He stood in front of her, waving some sort of small white stick at her. Nayoung didn't want anything to do with this stranger, least of all accept something from him. She turned her body away from him and started opening her strawberry milk, he only scoffed at her innocence. Although he was older than her by a year or so, he expected her to realise what a cigarette was. 

"Try it, you seem stressed. It eases the pain." Now Nayoung finally realised what he was offering her, maybe because he had literally shoved it up to her face. Horror cascaded over her like a waterfall, and then came the slight twinge of annoyance. 

"Are you stupid? First of all, you're under-aged." Nayoung abruptly stood up, all focus on the pack of cigarettes in his hand. She took a step closer to the packet, "Secondly, you can't smoke on the roof. There's a clear sign at the door!" Fury poured over her and now she was only a few centimetres away from the cigarettes, whilst he was preoccupied at chuckling at her Nayoung took this as her time to start the plan. She snatched the packet out of his hands and began running to the edge of the roof. 

"Thirdly- are you stupid?" Nayoung threw the packet off into the distance, landing somewhere on the field below. Now she just had to escape his wrath. However, he seemed to be taking it well... Rather than rage, laughter ran through his chest. 

"I am stupid, and I am under-aged and yes- I do acknowledge the clear sign on the door. But I'm also Lee Taeyong- ing tired of the bull I'm surrounded by and just ing stressed all the time. Do you know how I feel? Like those animals you see at carnivals, I'm just something for people to admire- something for people to use. You are right- I'm stupid. I'm ing stupid. But am I any different to you?" 

His hands had grasped tightly onto her shoulders in the midst of his rage, and now he finally let go. Nayoung was frozen, she didn't know what to do, what to say. The only comfort she could give him was with her eyes, a small grin placed firmly onto his lips. The only thing he could sense from her was fear, even from the start Taeyong knew he was bad for her. But that wasn't going to stop him. The bell signalled the start of lessons and the end of the break.

"Well, I'll see you around." 

-

"Can I call you noona? Wait can I call you Nayoung-ie noona?" The young boy who she had quickly come to know as Mark peered over to her seat once more and waited expectantly for an answer. But there were other things on her mind at the moment. 

I wonder if he still smokes? He must've stopped, I thought you weren't allowed to smoke if you were a trainee-

"What can I call you?" Mark continued to ask her with questions, and the usual strategy of ignoring wasn't working like it normally would.

"Just call me whatever you want." Nayoung glanced up to the mirror, only to find his eyes on hers. She cringed and turned her attention back to the road, they were on their way to their first stage and the least she wanted was for them to have an accident beforehand.

"If I can call you whatever I want, you can call me whatever you want. For example, you can call me 'Oppa'-" The van flooded with laughter and a smug smile stuck onto Mark's lips, "Our old manager used to call me 'Oppa' and she was around Hyung's age- but she left for another better paid job." It seemed that he was still hung up on their old manager. They awaited for her response, only to be greeted with silence. 

"Yah, Mark- shut up now, she's probably stressed out because of you. And we should save our voices for the stage." Unless Taeyong's voice grew kinder and higher over time, than it could've been his voice. But it was someone elses, Nayoung sighed she probably would have to spend a night learning all their names online. 

-

-

A/N

yay first chapter!! XD i hope ya liked it

sorry if you wanted the manager things to be centered in this chap but i thought it would be easier to understand once knowing about their high school past... The next few chaps wil be like this and then it will be more manager centered XD 

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chap and hopefully you enjoyed NCT's debut! 

thanks for reading

sub, vote, comment and bookmark!