I like you, no I don't

Kind of Iffy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

October 2014

 

You feel strangely unfamiliar, we have nothing in common

But I keep thinking about the words you said, my eyes keep going towards you

You look different these days, doesn't seem like much changed

But I keep thinking about you teasing me, trying to find meaning in them

 

Anna really wanted to strangle a certain Christina Woo Hyelim right now.

"Found an awesome haunted house cafe. I'll text you the address, see you tomorrow night."

Hyelim then abruptly hung up on her and she got the text soon after.

So Anna got ready for a night out with her unnies, wearing something cozy, but appropriate for the cold. She wasn't expecting to see Yubin unnie outside of the cafe wearing an oversized scarf.

"Hey unnie, I hope you weren't waiting long. Where are the others?"

She ducked her head when Yubin pat her head in greeting.

"I wasn't here long, Yeahn-ah. And Hyelim texted me that she and the others couldn't make it. So I guess it's just us two."

"Ah, guess so."

She should have known that Hyelim would pull this on her eventually. Oh Hyelim was gonna get it the next time she saw her.

"We've never hung out with just us two, huh?" Yubin opened the door, letting Anna into the cafe before her.

"I don't think so." That was only because she couldn't speak more than 5 words around Yubin unnie. She felt like she was in high school again, crushing on the cool mature boy who was two grades ahead of her.

"I'm happy that we are now." 

"M-me too."

Yubin hung their coats over their chairs, setting her scarf on top of them.

"Let's order first, and then we'll go through the haunted house. Sound good?"

"Sounds good."

"These types of things don't really scare me, so feel free to hide behind me if you get scared."

Anna mutely nodded, promising to get Hyelim back for this later.

 

Why baby, suddenly, I feel excited

I feel strange

Why baby, it's bewildering

Why am I acting like this?

You seem like you're fine

Am I the only one?

 

Anna valiantly tried to remain unphased once the ghosts popped out to scare them, but ultimately failed, automatically clinging to Yubin and jumping away just as fast, blushing brightly.

"You alright, Yeahn-ah?"

"I-I'm fine!" She was never more grateful for the darkness of the haunted house than now. Thankfully that was over soon.

"So how have you been lately, Yeahn-ah?"

"I've been good." God, she was so awkward. This is why she couldn't hang out with Yubin unnie by herself!

"Good. Any troubles? Anyone bothering you at work?"

Anna let out a long-suffering sigh.

"Just this one woman-child who likes giving me headaches all the time."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I go through so many aspirin bottles in a week. A week!"

"Wow, they must be really frustrating."

"I have to reprimand her all the time, and it never sticks. She has the memory of an 8-year-old!"

"I see."

Whoever this woman-child was, Yeahn-ah sure seemed comfortable with her. Comfortable enough to complain about and fuss over, extensively from what she's hearing. They were closer to each other than she was with Yeahn-ah.

"Honestly, I don't know why I haven't quit sometimes."

"Why don't you?"

"I have good friends over there. And I guess Clingy has some moments where she isn't the most annoying choding ever. Few and far in between, but she does." Anna rolled her eyes, but couldn't help the small quirk of her lips that conveyed her affection.

Yubin would really like to meet this clingy person Yeahn-ah seemed so fond of. She sounded like she really liked her. She wondered if Yeeun and the others knew about their dongsaeng's crush on her annoying coworker.

"And lo and behold, Clingy's calling me. Excuse me while I take this, unnie." 

"At least wear the coat and scarf if you're going outside, Yeahn-ah." Yubin put the coat over her dongsaeng's shoulders, and affectionately wrapped the scarf around her.

Had Ann

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter