Black Glasses

In The Same Place

Word count: 514

 

I'll wear my black glasses and look the other way, pretending I don't notice you starring. 

I'll wear my black glasses under my hood so you won't be able to see the tears I shed. 

Whilst walking the same road and reaching for the same goals, please wear the black glasses I designed for you.

 

 

***

 

 

 "I'll be strong and brave. So you won't have to worry about me."

Again and again Jessica repeats those words for herself. So she won't forget and run into Tiffany's warm and always welcoming embrace. A touch she misses so dearly, dearly that touch misses her too.

At times when Jessica is reminded of her past lover she prays silently that that woman isn't in as much pain as she is. That Tiffany doesn't miss her as much as Jessica misses Tiffany. 

Tiffany is strong and brave, generous and kind. She's everything Jessica wanted. Yet it didn't seem to be enough. How could she selfishly hold back such a ambitious woman. Who lives for her carrier. 

Everytime Jessica spots a pink item she prays that Tiffany isn't in as much pain as she is in now.

 

***

 

Designing, something Jessica always loved besides singing, dancing and of course her big passion in life: sleeping. 

 

She have drawings of self-designed shoes and hoodies that date back to her kindergarden days. She somehow knew the moment when she would be able to design would come eventually. 

Greedy, Jessica is quite greedy, not on purpose of course. She just wants to do a lot of things. All of them at once. Sing, produce, design, sleep.

How ever that would magically work. 

Turns out, It doesn't. 

When forced to choose, what would you really pick? The love of your life or your childhood dream? Jessica wanted to choose love but it wouldn't have been fair.

Tiffany can rise even from the grave to move forwards. Especially when Taeyeon is by her side. So Jessica didn't pick her. Because even if Jessica disappears, her abcence won't be noticed or missed as much or severely as she would miss her dream.

 

***

 

"Please wear these sunglasses when you are sad or lonely. Think of me and be happy with Taeyeon By your side. We're still under the same sky, walking on the same ground, at the same time. 

Love, Jung Sooyeon.

 

Taeyeon looks frightened at her best friend as she screams and cries, throwing a tantrum and turning the room upside down.

Crushing whatever could be crushed and breaking whatever could be broken. 

All whilst clutching onto that piece of paper and a little Tiffany-blue giftbox for her dear life.

"Oh, Jessica what have you done?" Taeyeon wispers to herself under her breath, a lone tear escaping one of her eyes. "You really did it this time..." Taeyeon retreats. She knows her words won't have any effect and her touch won't work either. 

Nothing can shake Tiffany from the pain of losing yet another loved one. God must have forsaken her she thinks. 

Jessica has left, and a broken Tiffany is left behind, yet again.