Noodles, Please

What Did You do?

 

She didn't choose Baekhyun because she knew him. Heck,  Areum has only ever greeted him just like the other backup dancers. No, he just happened to be there at the perfect time and place Sora needed someone to be. He was the one, she thought. No, not the knight in shinning armor lovey-dovey one but the perfect human to ensure success to her task. Now, all she needed was the guts to get out of this dance room and ask him, her victim persay. She could see him through the window of the dance room she occupied. Baekhyun's back faced her as he seemed to be lost in thought, staring at a painting on the wall. 

 

What would her dance instructor think, Areum thought with dread. Breaking from her strict diet would surely get her in huge trouble. But right now she didnt care she decided. And without thinking, her noodle-craving self barged out of the dance room ready to face Baekhyun. In a second Baekhyun turned around to face her because of the opening of the door. Well, she felt stupid as she found herself speechless in front of Baekhyun who had one eyebrow raised in question.

 

After maybe a lifetime or a century she couldn't tell, she spoke up. "Hey...Byun Baekhyun right?" Areum cringed at the awkwardness of her voice and attempted a nice smile which came out too forced making her look like a constipated gorilla she concluded. 

 

"Yeah, that's me. What's up?" Baekhyun answered her easily. He couldnt help but sigh. It was clear to him that it was just a backup dancer who wanted a autograph or a picture. It wasn't the person he wanted it to be. 

 

"Look" Areum wanted to be quick but also very nice. That's possible right? "I was wondering if you could....I don't know....stopbuythatconveniencestorenextdoorandgetsomeramenforme?" Areum said in one breath "Oh, and I will pay you back. promise! And please and thank you." Areum finished with a curt bow, waiting for an answer with the anxiety of a high schooler. But moments passed and she wasn't getting one. What she was getting was a blank faced Baekhyun. 

 

Finally Baekhyun broke the defeaning silence. "Noodles. You want me to get you some noodles." Baekhyun stated attempting to process the strange request and mask his surprise. 

 

"You see Byun Baekhyun, I'm under a strict diet. I would probably be shot dead on the spot by my dance instructor if she caught me at a noodle shop." Areum added hoping to get him to understand. "You don't have to-" 

 

"Double." Baekhyun stated nonchalantly, cutting her off.

 

"Double? What do u mean-"

 

"I mean that you pay me double the price of the ramen" Baekhyun said matter-of-factly. 

 

"Well, I guess that makes sense. Deal!"  Areum sighed in content, realizing her plan had worked. " And thank you, Byun Baekhyun" Areum finished, bowing politely making sure she was as respectful as possible to an Exo member. 

 

"Be back in 10" Baekhyun answerered before he turned and walked away, eventually out of sight and on his way to the convenience store, wondering why he agreed to this strange request.

 

Nothing was left but for Areum  to wait it out in the dancing room she was in previously aka the backup dancers room. Areum couldn't help but feel so....ecstatic. It  had been a long time since she had a steamy cup of Ramen. But next time, she won't ask a freaking Exo members, she decided. Those guys are the top dogs right now. Areum shivered in terror. And here she was ordering one to buy her Ramen,  Areum thought in embarrassment. She slid down against the wall until she was sitting on the floor. Never again, she concluded, will I be this stupid and do this just because I was craving damn ramen.