Chapter 3

Lifesaver

Notes:

Keep in mind this timeline is kinda weird and this is not happening at the same time. 
For example bbh and chens storyline is only over a couple hours whereas jongin is more like a couple days.

Chapter Text

Baekhyun was now shirtless in Jongdae’s bathroom, he had the handcuffs back on, he felt sick again. 
Jongdae had a cloth and was trying to clean Baekhyun’s wounds but Jongdae didn’t have the most gentle touch and Baekhyun was convinced he was hurting more than helping. 
“You should go to a hospital” 
“Yeah so they can arrest me again? No thank you.” 
“I mean you are technically still under arrest.” 
“Oh. Right.” 
“And they can help you more than I could possibly help you.” Jongdae looked at Baekhyun through the mirror. Baekhyun brought up his hands to push his hair out of his eyes. Maybe next time he would dye it purple. Or green. 
“I’ll live.” 
Jongdae pursed his lips and continued to perform first aid. “I have a friend who is a healer. I’m going to call him.” 
“I’m fine.” Baekhyun said, obviously lying. Jongdae left the bathroom and used his com to talk to someone quietly. 
“He’s going to be here in about forty five minutes. Let’s eat.” 
“Can I put my shirt back on?” Baekhyun asked, leaning against a doorway. Jongdae stared at him for a long time before answering,
“Your shirt is ruined. You can borrow one of mine” Jongdae went to the back room and returned with a plain tee shirt. He removed the handcuffs again and Baekhyun sighed as the force flowed through him again momentarily. It was like some kind of weird ic experience and although he was no stranger to kink, Baekhyun wouldn’t put this on his list of things that turned him on. 
“You try losing part of your spirit for hours and having it re enter you. I wouldn’t even be hurt at all if I had been able to use the force after the crash, so this is all your fault honestly.” Baekhyun said to Jongdae’s weird look.
“That’s why i hate jedi,” Jongdae said, shaking his head and returning to the stove, “they can’t do anything without the force.” 
“Well my hands were also literally tied, I think I did pretty well all things considered.” 
“Just eat.” Jongdae said, setting a bowl of soup in front of Baekhyun. Baekhyun noticed he didn’t put the handcuffs back on, “I don’t trust you so don't get any ideas, I just don’t want to have to feed you and I doubt you're capable of feeding yourself with your hands tied.” 
******* 
Tao was secretive. Sehun didn’t like that. He wished he could go back in time and give Krystal the finger, he could have gotten a ship himself, maybe, eventually. 
“I’ll have Victoria send you my schedule for the next month. As for tonight, we are going out.” 
“On a date?” Sehun asked with a smirk.
“Something like that.” Tao turned and went into his room- Sehun heard the door lock behind him. Sehun crashed on the large sofa in the middle room and tried to sleep for a few hours.

*************

Jongin had barely said a word since he woke up. He just sat in bed, staring out the window. Taemin would move between sitting next to the bed to pacing to actually sitting on the foot of the bed, trying to engage Jongin. 
“Don’t worry about it too much, Byun had on handcuffs and he didn’t have a saber- how far could he have gotten. People are out there searching for him as we speak.” Jongin was nonplussed. Taemin stared at him with concern. Doctors came in and out but Jongin didn’t speak. 
Eventually someone came in with a pair of crutches. 
“Aren't those kind of, archaic?” Taemin asked, eyeing them. 
“Well um,” The nurse was young, probably an intern, “I was just told-” 
“It’s okay” Jongin said, startling Taemin, “Can I go home?” 
“Yes sir. We have everything we need and will contact you when the prosthesis is ready. It shouldn’t take long you um, you are high on our list.” 
“Good.” Jongin leaned back and sighed. Taemin reached out and grabbed his hand. The young nurse started to unhook Jongin from all the beeping machines. She was not human but Taemin couldn’t place where she was from. 
Someone knocked on the doorframe and walked in, his head was bowed but Taemin knew who it was. He stood up at attention. 
“Kim Jongin” the man shook his head. Jongin struggled to sit up. 
“Commander Siwon I didn’t-” 
“It’s okay son. You can relax.” He eyed Taemin, “You too Lee. I’m not here as a commander.” 
“Why are you here then?” Taemin asked. Siwon chuckled 
“I’m here to help. I know you don’t live on this planet so I have made arrangements for both of you and Jung when she returns from her mission. We are also looking into the accident. We don’t think it was an attempt to rescue the Rebel otherwise it would have been more strategic but he was just as likely to die as you were. We think it may have been an attack on him actually-” 
“Who-”
“We are interrogating Kim Taeyeon now, she knows what mission he was on and what he was attempting to accomplish at that convenience store. She will take awhile to crack though so meanwhile I want you guys to rest up.” 
“I have to find him-” Jongin pushed himself forward and swung his leg over the bed, he grabbed the crutches from the nurse’s hands despite her protests and somehow got upright. 
“You’re going to trace him down with one leg? Even with his hands tied Baekhyun is more powerful than you might care to admit. No- we’ll find him. You just rest up and when your prosthetic comes it will take a while for you to adjust to it. Consider it a vacation.” 
“Sir what about me?” Taemin stepped forward with his head bowed, 
“Ah yes Lee, I was going to request you join our manhunt. Even without the use of the force you were one of our strongest bounty hunters.” Siwon walked forward and put his hand gently on Jongin’s shoulder. 
“It’s going to be okay son.” He said, “Come on I have transport for you outside.” He his heel and left. Jongin slowly managed to make his way behind him with Taemin next to him, ready to catch him if he fell. 
***** 
They had been eating in silence, Baekhyun’s head was low in the bowl, trying to consume as fast as he could. Jongdae was eating slower, staring at the sith with caution. He didn’t seem so scary in just a tee shirt, scooping ramen into his mouth like a starving schoolboy. Jongdae didn’t lower his guard though. 
Suddenly Baekhyun’s head snapped up, and he looked around with piercing eyes. 
“What-” Jongdae started but Baekhyun quickly stood up and put his hand over Jongdae’s mouth, looking around with wide eyes. He brought a finger to his lips, silently telling Jongdae to stay quiet before removing his hand. He went to the counter and grabbed the biggest knife he could find. Jongdae quickly stood up and pointed his gun at Baekhyun. He was about to tell Baekhyun to drop the knife when there was a knock on his door. Three long, lazy knocks. 
“Hellooooo” A deep voice Jongdae didn’t recognize came from the other side. The voice was powerful and somehow shook his bones. Baekhyun kept his finger on his lips and Jongdae turned his gun to the door. 
Baekhyun ran into the back room and emerged with a backpack of god knows what and then grabbed Jongdae’s arm and almost dragged him to the back door. He opened it silently and pushed both of them out. It was the middle of the night and a thin layer of frost hung over everything. 
As Baekhyun slowly closed Jongdae’s door he could hear the knocking again. 
“What is going on?” Jongdae whispered fiercely. 
“I’m saving our lives.” Baekhyun responded, digging through the backpack. He pulled out the handcuffs, “Put these on me” he commanded. 
“What? Why?” 
“He can sense me, the force, just, hurry” Baekhyun tried to put them on himself but he was failing spectacularly. Jongdae glanced through the window and saw the front door rattling. He sighed and put the handcuffs on. This time as the force was drained Baekhyun almost passed out, leaning heavily against Jongdae for a second before he regained his balance. 
“I know you’re here Byunnie. You cant hide forever” 
“Now what?” Jongdae whispered, keeping a hand on Baekhyun to keep him from falling. 
“Um, the forest.” Baekhyun said pushing Jongdae to get him to start running. Baekhyun had a hard time running with his hands tied in front of him especially with the ground so slippery but somehow he managed to keep up. Once they were deep in the forest they stopped running, panting. 
“Jongdae, Im sorry” Baekhyun said, before Jongdae could ask what for there was a blast from the direction of his house, the force knocked both of them over 
“DID HE JUST BLOW UP MY HOUSE?” Jongdae yelled, Baekhyun grimaced, 
“I’m really really sorry” 
“Who the is he? Why does he want you? Who are you?” Jongdae began to rapid fire questions at Baekhyun, stepping forward so Baekhyun was backed against a tree. 
“Listen I’ll explain everything and if you talk to the order they will probably get you a new house-but right now we have to go or else he is going to come and he is going to kill us.” 
“Who the is he?” Jongdae’s eyes were dark and Baekhyun had never been more scared of someone in his life. 
“I promise I’ll explain. Please just- let's get somewhere safe.” Baekhyun tried using an even tone but he knew that it wouldn’t take long before the forest was on fire too. Jongdae started at him for a long time before nodding. Baekhyun let out a sigh of relief and they began running through the woods. 
“I put -- a communicator -- in the backpack-- can you -- call your healer friend” Baekhyun shouted through gasps for air. Jongdae didn’t break pace as he began to dig through the backpack. 
He pulled out the communicator and managed to dial without so much as slowing down. It was so impressive Baekhyun thought there was no way Jongdae wasn’t a force user. 
“Hey so something came up can you pick us up at the road?” Jongdae said, “yeah we are almost there.” 
The trees suddenly stopped and gave way to a long stretch of road. The same stretch Baekhyun had trudged through not hours ago. Jongdae stopped and retreated back into the trees. “We’ll wait here. He’s coming soon.” Jongdae said, he was panting as much as Baekhyun was. 
He turned around and through the forest they could see the faint glow of the flames as Jongdae’s house burnt to the ground. 
“I’m rea-”
“If you say you’re sorry again I’m taking off the handcuffs and turning you over to whoever the is trying to kill you” Jongdae said. Baekhyun obediently shut his mouth. 
** *** ******* 
Tao’s idea of a night out was to an old house, it looked ancient actually. Tao refused to tell Sehun where they were going or who they were talking to. The doors were all unlocked and Sehun could feel other force users in the building. That’s about all he could gather though. 
Someone in a long dress came to greet them. Sehun had never seen anyone who looked like them but they spoke Tao’s language. 
Sehun didn’t like understanding what was being said. He decided he would either ask for a translator or learn the language himself. The person led them into a garden in the middle of the old house. There was a bubbling stream and bridges- Sehun would have been entranced if he wasn’t so on edge. A droid came out, sleek silver unit. It was the same height as Sehun and he couldn't quite get a reading on it. 
“Welcome.” It said, “You brought a friend?” 
“Yes. Do you have what I asked for?” Tao said smoothly. The droid stared at Sehun for a while- Sehun stared back. 
“Yes. Follow me. Alone” 
“Sorry but where I go he goes.” Tao said. 
“Fine.” The droid huffed, turning and walking away. Even the droid walked smoothly. Whoever employed it was very well off. Sehun knew there were other people around and he had never been more on edge.