Liking Your Look-alike

Liking Your Look-alike

"OMG!!!"

 

Xiumin's quiet morning was interrupted by a loud shout.  He jumped in surprise and backed away from the source of the noise which actually came from a girl standing right next to him.  Xiumin managed to hit his shoulder against the door of his locker which ended up slamming shut.

 

"Omg!" She said again but in a much more normal tone this time.  "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you," The girl apologized to him, but she was also clearly holding back her laughter.  "What's your name?"

 

"Xiumin," He replied while his left hand was massaging his right shoulder to ease the pain.  At the same time, he also wondered what this girl wanted from him and why was she being so loud in the first place?

 

The girl rummaged something from her bag and eventually pulled out a mirror. "Xiumin, look!" She raised the mirror to her right side, making sure that both her reflection and Xiumin's reflection are in the mirror. "Don't we look alike?! I think we can pass off as twins or siblings!"

 

Xiumin could feel goosebumps forming on his skin as he had to agree with the girl that they do look alike. His brain chose this time to finally recognize the girl.  Her name is Byul Yi, but she was mostly known as Moonbyul.  She belonged to the popular group of girls who also had cool nicknames like Solar, Wheein, and Hwasa.  Moonbyul was a new transfer student at the start of their junior high school year which was just around 2 months ago, but in the span of 2 months, Moonbyul got really popular.

 

"How come I've never seen you before and how come nobody ever pointed out that we look alike? Oh, I'm Moonbyul, by the way," The girl finally managed to introduce herself.  Xiumin thought it was nice of her to take the time to introduce herself even though there was no need to because everybody knew who she is.  "Hey, guys!!!" Moonbyul waved at her friends who showed up at the hallway.

 

The girls surrounded Moonbyul and Xiumin. "Omo... did you just get yourself a boyfriend?" Wheein giggled.

 

"What? No!" Moonbyul pushed Wheein away playfully as she laughed and blushed at the same time.  Xiumin could feel himself blushing as well, but thankfully, nobody commented about either of them blushing.  "Guys, this is Xiumin.  Xiumin, these girls are Solar, Hwasa, and Wheein."  Moonbyul's hand touched on each girl's shoulder as she said their names.  "Anyway, don't Xiumin and I look alike?"

 

The girls glanced back and forth at Moonbyul and Xiumin.  "I think Moonbyul is more handsome and Xiumin is prettier," Solar was the first one to comment which earned laughter from everybody.

 

"No wonder Moonbyul looked familiar when she first came," Hwasa was the next to comment.  "The resemblance is really amazing now that I see you both standing right next to each other!"

 

That was the end of Xiumin's quiet highschool life and the start of a more colorful one.  During the next few days, Xiumin would arrive at school to see Moonbyul already standing right next to his locker.  She would talk with him for awhile and then a few minutes later, the other girls would show up and join their conversation until it was time for them to go to their first class.  A lot more guys started to talk and befriend Xiumin, hoping they could get closer to the girls.  Xiumin would tell them he wasn't really close to the girls.  Sure, they share morning conversations, but that's just about it.  He thought it might just stop one day.  What he didn't expect was that he would be invited to have lunch with them after a week of morning conversations.

 

"I'll be saving you a seat.  If you don't show up, I'm gonna find you and kick your !" Moonbyul had threatenend him, and he was pretty sure that Moonbyul would carry on a threat like that, so he showed up at the cafeteria and took a seat beside Moonbyul.

 

"So what club are you in, Xiumin?" Wheein asked.

 

"Math club.  I'm not good at Math so I figured I could use some extra credits and I could ask the other members from it for help.  They're much better at explaining than the teachers." Xiumin felt embarrassed at his club as he knew that all of the girls were part of the Glee and the Dance clubs.

 

"That's actually a good idea. I'm bad at Math too, so I'll join!" Xiumin was amazed at how Moonbyul instantly decided to join and how the other girls thought it was a good idea and encouraged Moonbyul to do that.  He really thought they would give out an expression or impression that would mean how uninteresting or how geeky that club is.

 

"Xiumin, you should join try joining the Glee and Dance clubs too," Solar suggested.

 

"But there's an auditioning process..." The reason why Xiumin chose the Math club was that there was no auditioning process.

 

"We can teach you to sing and dance!" Hwasa said with excitement.  "Why don't you guys come at my place at 9 AM this Saturday?"

 

What the hell have I gotten myself into? That's what Xiumin thought as the girls started to talk in excitement on what kind of song Xiumin should sing or what kind of dance Xiumin should learn.  He didn't have the heart to tell them that he didn't want this.  As if reading Xiumin's mind, Moonbyul spoke, "We're not forcing you to audition, Xiumin.  We just really want to hang out with you on Saturday, so don't stress yourself."

 

Xiumin almost jumped out of his seat as he felt Moonbyul patting on his pants and sliding a hand inside one of his pockets.  She took out his cellphone and typed in her contact number.  "Byul, you're gonna give Xiumin a heart attack!" Solar laughed as she saw the entire  thing.  "Xiumin, you should really just get used to her being all touchy and feely like that.  She usually does things like that to us too but not usually to guys, so I guess you're one pretty lucky guy!"

 

Xiumin got his cellphone back.  He looked at the contacts and was surprised at the name Moonbyul put in there.  Above the number was a name which said "My Byul."

 

"I'll be sad if you change that," Moonbyul said as he saw that Xiumin was staring at his cellphone screen or more specifically at My Byul.

 

"I won't," Xiumin blushed as he placed his cellphone back in his pocket.

 

Moonbyul brought out her cellphone.  The girls went back to talking among themselves while Moonbyul showed Xiumin her cellphone screen.  Xiumin's number was on it and above it was a name that said "My Min."  Xiumin wasn't sure what to think of this, but it did make his heart skip a beat.  "Do you want me to change it?"

 

"No," Xiumin answered shyly. He kind of hated how their roles seem to be switched.  Moonbyul was acting like a guy and Xiumin was reacting like a girl in this situation, but nevertheless, Xiumin was happy to be receiving Moonbyul's affection.

 

When Saturday came, they were all surprised at how Xiumin was more talented than they expected.  Xiumin knew he could sing and dance, but he just never thought of himself as that good.  He only sang in karaoke with family and relatives and when he's in his room.  He liked to learn some dance choreography from youtube videos sometimes.  "You really NEED to be in the Glee and Dance clubs!!! Audition on Monday!!! Just do what you did today! I'm sure you'll pass!" Hwasa encouraged Xiumin.

 

"I'm not sure if I can handle all those clubs," Xiumin felt overwhelmed with everybody's excitement, but he really wasn't sure with himself.

 

"Being in those clubs means you can spend more time with me."  That was Moonbyul's way of convincing Xiumin which earned a lot more teasing from the girls as Moonbyul was obviously flirting.  "But seriously, just give it a try. You can always back out if you really can't handle it.  We'll understand.  We'll help you and support you in any way we can."

 

"Okay," Xiumin finally agreed.  From what he had observed so far, he never had been able to say no to Moonbyul.

 

During the next few days at school, Xiumin was adjusting himself to the new clubs while Moonbyul settled in the Math club as well.  By this time, rumors were already going around the school that Xiumin and Moonbyul are a couple.  It was also during this time that Xiumin and Moonbyul started walking home together now that they are in the same clubs and would finish at the same time.  Moonbyul has gotten into a habit of linking her arms with Xiumin whenever they're standing or walking right next to each other.

 

"Aren't you being narcissistic with getting yourself a boyfriend who looks like you?" A girl simply showed up at their table while Xiumin and Moonbyul were doing their homework at a cafe.

 

"Yeah, he turns me on so much and drives me wild in bed," Moonbyul smirked as she managed to get the other speechless at her remark.  "I hope you're happy with your boyfriend because I'm definitely happy with mine."

 

"I want to talk with you privately."  The girl looked upset.

 

"There's nothing to talk about," Moonbyul refused the girl's request.  "Love, pack your stuff. We're leaving here."  She was fast at shoving all of her stuff inside her bag.

 

Xiumin wasn't sure what was happening, but he did follow Moonbyul's instruction and put away all of his stuff.  As they were heading out of the cafe, he saw the girl grab Moonbyul's arm and said, "You can't be serious with him."

 

"I am," Moonbyul said with such clear finality in her words as she pulled her arm away from the girl and laced arm with Xiumin's as they walked out of the cafe.

 

"What was that all about?" Xiumin asked when they were a few steps away from the cafe.

 

"Her name is Krystal, and she's my ex-girlfriend," Moonbyul provided the information.  "Does it disgust you to find out that I've been with a girl?" She asked as she started to pull her arm away from Xiumin.

 

However, Xiumin locked her arm with his own so she wouldn't be able to pull away. "No, it doesn't. Does the others know about this?"

 

Moobyul nodded. "Yeah, they know about Krystal.  I was also into Solar for awhile.  She even admitted that she was attracted back at me, but she said she didn't want to get involve in a relationship and that it's better to just stay as friends.  We still flirt around each other but always made sure not to cross the line."

 

"Then where do I fit in all this?"  Xiumin stopped walking as he asked the question.  They were simply at the side of the road with a lot of people passing by.  It wasn't the perfect place to have this kind of conversation, but he couldn't let this conversation wait any longer.

 

"You're the first guy I ever liked," Moonbyul confessed in a shy manner, but Moonbyul's shyness only lasted with her first sentence.  The tone of her voice changed as she then became bold enough to explain things further.  "At first, I was just amazed at how we looked like each other. Then I liked how fun and comfortable it felt to talk to you.  Then all those morning conversations weren't enough anymore, so I invited you for lunch. Then I offered to be in a Math club and tried to convince you to be in the Glee and Dance clubs.  Then we started walking home together or studying in cafes before going home.  Haven't you noticed that I couldn't seem to get enough of you?"

 

"You're blushing," Xiumin said as he touched Moonbyul's cheek.  He had never seen Moonbyul blush before. It was usually Moonbyul making him and everybody else blush with her flirty or greasy ways. It made him happy to know that he was the one causing Moonbyul to blush like this.  He leaned down and pressed his lips against Moonbyul's.  He wished it could have lasted longer and maybe deeper, but they can't do that in a public place. "We should get going.  People are staring at us."  He laced his fingers with Moonbyul's.

 

"You didn't tell me how you feel." Moonbyul pouted and refused to move.

 

"I kissed you," Xiumin blushed as he pointed that out.  "I like you too."

 

Moonbyul started walking again, but later on, pulled him in an alley. "I don't want us making out at the doorstep of my house with the risk of being seen by my parents so..." She didn't finish explaining as she preferred kissing than explaining.

 

Xiumin was being pinned on the wall, and Moonbyul was dominating the kiss.  He wanted to complain at how their roles changed again, but at the same time, he was loving the kiss.  He would rather just shut up and kiss.

 

THE END

 
A/N: How do you guys like it? Please comment down below or upvote!! If you guys want to read more of this pairing, I might be able to come up with a drabble or two that would still be related to this story or AU.
 
I haven't written for a long time, but then I got involved with Mamamoo and got inspired.  Any feedback from you guys will be very much appreciated and will help inspire me to write more! <3