5th Chapter - "I'd Do Anything."

You Only Live Twice [a.k.a. The One That Got Away] // 9th Chapter uploaded!//

Hello dears, it's Rori!*

I'm so sorry for making you wait again, it's just that I'm working in the afternoons and I'm too lazy sick and tired to write my story after working. ;__;

Anyways, how are all of you?~ I hope you'll like this chapter, even though it's... kinda weird, if you ask me. D:

Maybe it's because I'm still not that confident about my writing skills when it comes to men's thoughts and ways of behaving. x////x

Please have fun while reading! <3


 

5th Chapter - „I'd Do Anything.”

 

-Jonghyun's POV-

"I'm sorry, but may I talk to your dear friend? Alone?" He looked at the others, who shifted uneasy in their places.

"Well, if that's what you want, hyung..." Taemin answered, yet eyeing Onew with a questioning look. And that’s, when something pretty weird happened. At first, he seemed uneasy about leaving us alone, but… As I saw Key moving his hand in the corner of my eye, Onew suddenly changed his expression- and his mind, as it seemed. “Come on, it’s Key after all. I think, we’ll need some time to rest, either.”

“But Hyung~...”

“Taemin. We'll just go home to get some sleep and come back, okay?”

...Wait, you're not really leaving! Without another word, Taemin stood up and bid me goodbye as he followed Onew out of the hospital. What. The. Hell?!

“So, now that it's just the two of us... let's get to business.” I looked back at Key, shocked and amazed at the same time. Where did that serious behavior come from? That guy had always been like a brother to all of us- mature, yet funny and caring. But I understood his way of acting- and the reason for being angry. If my sister's health was in danger, it would effect me also. Deeply.

“Look, Key, I don't know who contacted you and how you could come here that freaking fast, but I-”

“What? You're sorry? You want to apologize deeply for what you've done?” Hyung looked at me, laughing slighty- yet he wasn't grinning. “Kim Jonghyun, do you have a bare notion of what I'm thinking right now? What I would like to do to you?”, he asked, closing the gap between us and grabbing the collar of my shirt. “Don't worry, Kim Jonghyun. I'll make you suffer the pain I'm going through.”

Okay, he was death serious. “Key, if you want to hurt me... just do it. You can treat me like the piece of crap I am, I'll bear it all. It'd be nothing compared to the pain you must be going through.” Punch me, stab me with a spoon... I don't care, Hyung. Just let it out, cause I deserve it.

“Oh, Jonghyun... Punch you? Stab you, so that you'll die and won't suffer anymore?” Key eyed me coldly, his grip tightening as he raised his fist and hit me. Hard. As I hit the ground, carefully touching my hurt cheekbone, my back touching the wall behind me, he squatted and reached for my hair, pushing my head against the cold septum. “I'll make you suffer, my dear friend. I'll make you feel the same pain she had to endure.”

Panic-struck, I looked for someone else, searching for help. As I spotted a nurse, I felt enlightened, yet... something wasn't right. It had looked like she was just walking into a room, one foot still raised slightly, but she didn't move forward. My eyes wandered down the ward, searching for someone else, as I saw Taemin and Onew leaving... wait, how long had it been since they had left? What is going on? It's like...

...time stopped running?” I widened my eyes as I realized what Key did: He read my mind.

“, Key. Are you one of those fake vampires or what?” I slightly laughed, trying to light up the mood. Okay, something weird was happening. And I was stuck in the middle of those...incidents.

“Jonghyun, do you believe in God? Do you believe in angels?” His voice was challenging, maybe provoking.

“...You're making fun of me, right? I may be dumb, I may be a freaking , but I'm not a child, Key.” Instead of answering, he stood up and lent me his hand. Irritated, I gave in and he pulled me up, his eyes telling me to enter _____'s room. Slowly, I approached the door, somehow hesitating as my hand lied on the door handle.

“What? Are you scared? Don't want to see her?” He snorted as the door opened on it's own, allowing me to take a look at Minho sitting on her bed... holding her hand, crying. He was crying. Again. “Are you jealous? Jonghyun, are you hurt?” I looked from those two at Key and back. “Do you see what your selfish behavior resulted in? You hurt your friends. Deeply, Jonghyun.”

Are you going to repeat my name over and over again? I was pissed- but neither because he had hit me, nor because of my jealousy. Seeing the results of my own decisions, my own wishes, my own actions, I found my former best friend sitting on her bed. Heartbroken.

“What are you trying to tell me, huh?” Man, this situation was getting more and more weird. First he changed Onew's mood, then he stopped time, just a moment ago that door opened on it's own... For sure, I was dreaming.

“Oh, no. Actually, this situation is a part of your reality, Jonghyun. Only yours, though.” He smirked, nodding over to Minho and her. Oh please, I didn't want to see her. I'm not ready to face her yet.

“You will. I'll make you look at her”, he spoke, walking over to her bed and bowing down to kiss her forehead. I gasped in return but kept silent. Since he was her brother, he had the rights to kiss her like that... No need to be greedy.

“By the way... do you believe in god, Jonghyun? Do you believe in angels?” Again, I looked at him irritated. Man, he was freaking me out today. What kind of grass had he been smoking in good old L.A.? “I told you that I'm not a child Key.” Nice response, Jongy.

“That's not an answer to my question, though.” Screw you. It is... not. Come on, halfway!

“You know, angels do have powers you could never imagine, Jonghyun”, he started, slowly taking _____'s hand and intertwining her fingers with his own,” An angel can make your beloved ones happy. He can protect them, shield them, make them angry or upset... he can even make them die. From one second to another.” His eyes seemed to scrutinize me as he paused for a second.

“...Oh, Key. Come on, stop talking and tell me what is going on. Puh-lease?” Slowly, his secretiveness started to piss me off again. Madly.

“So you didn't get what I mean? Then there is no other way. I'll show it to you.” He sighed, standing up and giving his sister an apologetic look as he let go of her hand, only to touch her chest. Suddenly, I remembered that night as I had listened to her heartbeat increasing slowly... it had been that point his hand reached for. “As I said, an angel can make your beloved ones suffer. I'd appreciate it, if you'd take a close look now.”

Suddenly, the scenery became blurry and for a short moment, I found myself embraced by darkness. A cold black, that changed into the same white of the patient's room quickly. But it was too early to feel enlightened- as I heard a freaking loud and distracting beeping sound, I covered my ears. The source of that sound was found soon: _____. She was shaking all over and seemed to choke as Minho sat her up, her back nervously, and called for a nurse or a doctor- at least I hoped so.

“Wh...what is happening? Stop that , Key, she is your sister for god's sake!” Unconsciously, I released my ears as I got over to him, trying to hit him with all I'd got. Yet, he was faster -incredibly swift-, stopping me in my actions and grabbing the shirt of my collar for the second time. Where did those fighting skills come from? Maybe he was an an... No, come on. I was dreaming. Only dreaming, I thought, noticing that the distracting sound was gone.

My sister? Thank god, she isn't.” He slightly laughed as he drew me with him, his fingers still clinching the fabric of my shirt. Key walked around the bed, me stumbling behind, as he forced my head into Minho's direction, letting go of my collar. As I nearly fell into ___'s lab, I supported myself on the bedside. Slowly getting up, I raised my head- only to find my own nose barely a hand-breadth away from Minho. Wanting to get away from him, her, them, I felt my muscles tense. My eyes wandered back to Key, who looked like a child playing with it's favorite toy. “You are...”

“Indeed, I'm having fun, Jonghyun”, he cooed, his tone mocking. “But oh, look at your friend. He doesn't look satisfied at all, does he? Why could that be?”

Being forced by that invisible power, I looked back at Minho, who was embracing her tightly as tears were flowing down his cheeks, his eyes all red and thickened, as I noticed that _____ had stopped choking. “He... he is crying of happiness! He is crying out of joy, right? She started breathing again, didn't-”

“What a good friend you are. You can't even distinguish the expressions of joy and pain? Foolish boy.” And with that, the sound came back to life. I could hear a constant 'beeeeep' now, hurting my ears and heart at the same time. Her body had been shaken up by Minho's heavy sobs. And that's when I got it: Her chest didn't move on it's own.

“Ma... make her breath, Key. Bring her back. I know that it was my fault, I will face the consequences on my own. Please, please bring her back to us.” Suddenly I felt my body, each single muscle, relaxing, making me fall to the ground in the progress. I curled up, covering my ears again as I closed my eyes to prevent my tears from falling. “Key, please. I'd do anything. I- I don't want you to help me, just cure her. Whatever it takes, just make them feel better.”

“So you would do anything, Kim Jonghyun? Anything?”, he repeated, his voice echoing inside of my head. He knew how to torture people, that's for sure...

“You got me where you wanted me...Hyung.” And as I opened my eyes, I was surrounded by darkness again. Thank god, the scenery was changing. Just a second later, the constant beeping was gone. Standing up, I saw Minho sitting on the bedside again, still holding her hand, silent tears running down his cheeks as he talked to her about the cake he had prepared and that he would bake a new one on the day of her dismissal.

I looked at Key. “Didn't I tell you to cure her? I told you I'd do anything! A.Ny.Thing!” He just shook his head, smiling slightly. “That's what I hate human beings for. You're always awaiting that your pleas and wishes will be fulfilled within a second. Just wait, Jonghyun. Wait.” And suffer, I could hear his voice again, making me shutter a little.

So I was sitting down on the bed's foot, a hand on ____'s calf, as Minho continued talking about various things... I was about to fall asleep as I heard a mumbling sound, making my ears ring like a bell.

Could it be...?


 

Sorry,you know I just love to leave you with a tiny cliff hanger... :,3

I hope you liked that chapter as well~! Any ideas about what will happen next? ;3

Oh and please, dear Lockets, forgive me. I love Key as much as you do!! ;____;

He just loves you so much, you know... hehe. <3

See you soon!*