4th Chapter- "For One Last Time."

You Only Live Twice [a.k.a. The One That Got Away] // 9th Chapter uploaded!//

Hello, it's me again~

Wow, that part of the fanfiction is coming to an end slowly!

Thank you so much for staying with me until now. Thank you for joining me, new readers! <3

This time, a new character steps in... who could it be? D:

Anyways, have fun while reading~ See ya later! :,3

 

4th Chapter: "For One Last Time."

 

-Jonghyun's POV-

 

„Wh...what?“, I whispered. Was Onew trying to make fun of me?!

„This is not the time to joke around, I know. That’s why I’m being that honest, Jonghyun.” He looked at me, tears glistening in his eyes.  So this wasn’t a joke…? No no no, it has to be.

“Listen, it’s not the time to give your doctor attitude a chance,  it’s-“

“Hyung. GO”, Taemin croaked, on the edge of cry… ing. Wait a minute, Taemin had never been able to fake a single tear. Does that mean, she… no. No it… can’t. I couldn’t believe it, yet it was obvious: Her condition was bad. Maybe, it was the worst. Because of me.

“I… but… What about Minho? Why did you lie to him?”, I asked, my voice becoming hoarse.

The two of them looked at each other, exchanging nods. As Taemin took a seat, Onew raised his voice once more: “You know him, don’t you? He wouldn’t get over that and be able to handle it as you do. He has loved her for much longer.”

All I could do was nod. Hyung was right, Minho had loved her so much longer… and I was an idiot for not noticing it.  “I… I’ll go now. He’ll surely need some company.”

I was about to get in, as I felt the mood changing- like some cold aura had entered the scenery. Someone’s… staring? I took a look at my friends, who seemed to be pretty shocked- yet, they didn’t gaze at me. So I turned around, only to widen my eyes as much as they had done.

“H… Hyung? What are you doing here?”

-End of POV-

 

-Your POV-

 

“Oppa…?” Whe… Key-oppa, where am I?

Sickness and fatigue overwhelmed me as I started thinking. What happened to me? Where was I? Who held my hand? Where did that pain in my throat come from? And… what was that beeping thing? The hell, screw it. Let me go to sleep.

“Yah, Onew- hyung! Hyung, she spoke! Her fingers moved!” Onew… Jinki? And that voice… my Baby Boy? Taemin?

Psshht, so noisy… I wanted to say, yet the words didn’t come out. My freaking muscles didn’t move an inch. My eyes stayed closed, feet didn’t twitch- it was horrible. What the hell is going on…? Frustration and sadness found their way to my mind. Neither did I understand the situation at all, nor was I conscious of what was happening around me. And I wasn’t able to move my body, for god’s sake.

“Taemin, stop. Let her sleep.” Thanks, doctor. At least one person knows how to handle a sick person.

“But Hyung, she…”  Taemin, come on. Let your Noona sleep for a while.

“Taemin. Let’s go.” I felt someone taking my second hand- the sudden warmth was irritating, yet it was nice. “____-ah, don’t give up. We’ll come back soon.” That warmth, yeah. It was Jinki. So my left hand had been held by Taemin?

“Noona, stay tuned. I’ll come back and hold your hand again, ne~.” Aww, how cute you are. My baby, I miss you also. And with that, they let go of my hands.

I heard a few steps, one of them murmured something, as I felt that familiar feeling- my throat started to burn like hell, yet I wasn’t even able to touch it. My mind became blurry as I heard that beeping sound again.

“Hyung, look! What’s that sound? Let’s call for a nur-“

Oh Lord, if I’m about to die… I beg you, let me see him once more. Oh, how I wanted to thank him. And no one knew how sorry I was for treating him so badly. All I wanted was to embrace him and tell him about my feelings… he surely wouldn’t believe me, though.

“Minho…? Minho?” I felt my lips moving without my permission, my vocal cords vibrating deep inside my throat. My voice sounded croaky, husky. Yet it was nice to know that it worked. Somehow, at least.

“…Taemin, let’s get out, quickly. As you see, her condition is getting worse.” Thanks, Jinki. I’m listening. Idiot.

“But she… shouldn’t we-“ “Stop it. And don’t tell Minho about it, okay? Hyung will explain it to you later.”

I heard someone sniffing once, then a door creaked- and I seemed to be alone again, my mind drifting off to somewhere far away…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…Who is it now? Again, it seemed like the door was opened by someone. Again, someone disturbed me while dying in peace. Not that I was really dying, but Jinki had acted that way. That’s the way to go, wanna-be-doctor.

I stopped thinking as I felt the bed shifting. Someone took a seat. On my bed. Oh, I knew who it was. Until now, only one person had been self-confident enough to plant his on my mattress. Yah, playboy. You better get off, or I’ll use my remaining energy to grab you by that stupid collar of yours and-

“____-ah~? Hey, cutie, how are you?” Hearing that voice, my heart skipped a beat. Mi…Minho? No, go away, I don’t want you to see my like tha- stop touching me! What was this guy doing, caressing my cheek like that? …Oh my, did I drool or something?! How embarrassing!

…Yet I had to admit, that his touch wasn’t unpleasant at all. Somehow it made me feel better, lighter, safe. It made me feel alive.

“Cutie, you’re at a hospital right now. But don’t worry, you’ll be fine soon. I’ll take you back home, okay? Not now, but… it won’t take that long, I promise.” Listening to him, I felt uneasy. Minho spoke to me that caring and I… couldn’t answer him. Why did he have to be like that? During the last weeks, I had treated him like… . I hated to use it, but there was no other word to describe my behavior.

“You know, Jonghyun is here with me. He’ll come in soon, so you better wake up… You know him and his antics.” A small chuckle of his followed, yet I knew that his happy voice was just an act- small sniffs could be heard as soon as he stopped speaking.

“____-ah… You… I- I’m sorry for your current situation. Jonghyun was right, if I hadn’t tried to bake that stupid cake for you, maybe I would have been able to save you… No, I should have been more attentive in general. You drinking that amount of alcohol… How could I not notice it? It’s my fault. Blame me as much as you want, but please… wake up. Speak to me, say my name. Once.” My heart dropped as I noticed that he was crying now, his hand trembling as he my left temple.

Idiot. How could I ever blame you for the situation I was going through?

I wanted to sigh- of course I couldn’t. Slowly, I started to understand my situation. Maybe Jinki was right and I wouldn’t make it. He was a pretty smart medicine student, after all. And if I really was in a hospital right now, that beeping sound… could it be my own pulse sliding in and out of the normal range? I remembered listening to that sound whenever I joined So Eun in watching her medical dramas. Maybe this was… the end?

Oh God, if angels do exist- please send one to me and lend me his powers. If I really have to die, I want to see him. For one last time.

-End of POV-

-Jonghyun’s POV-

“Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I’m unhappy to see you, but… how did you know?” Barely had I known who would be the one I turned to: My cutie’s brother, Key, stood there in front of me. What irritated me the most, was the way he looked at me: Somehow his eyes could… kill? Naw, surely I was wrong about that.

“Onew, Taemin…” He nodded at them, his eyes softening a bit. “…Jonghyun.”

…did his eyes just get back to their old way of looking? Okay, he sure was angry. And I seemed to be the reason.

 

 

Hello, it's me again~

So, this was today's update... it's pretty short again, but I hope that a shorter chapter is easier to read for all of you. My writing style seems to be a bit... naw, let's skip that. x,D

Work will be killing me again next week, so I'll say sorry for updating less again... I'll do my best!

I also requested a poster, background and character chart for this fanfiction, so I hope to be able to present you my fanfiction in a new style the next time we meet! <3