My Fault

When It All Goes Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Doyeon woke, it was to bright lights and a sense of immense confusion. Where on earth was she? The last thing she remembered was leaning back against the mirror in practice room three, intending to rest her eyes for a few minutes in hopes that it would help alleviate the pounding pain in her head. The walls of that room were hardwood and the two semi-large windows could not possibly allow in the amount of light that had forced her to close her eyes as soon as she attempted to open them. 

Not the practice room then. 

Easing her eyes open this time so they were able to adjust to the lighting, the first thing she saw was the fluorescent bulb that was situated directly above her bed. Source of the light discovered. It was then that she took notice of the slack grip on her hand, berating herself for being so unaware that she hadn't noticed it right away. 

Glancing at the small hand that held hers, she tried to build enough courage to look up to the face that it would be connected to. Deep down she already knew who it would be. The same person that was there for her at every single time of hardship, the same person who would always listen to her worries. The same person who she'd forceably shut out of her life for the past week. The same eyes that had been full of worry and that she'd pretended not to see. The very same person who she'd heard trying to stifle her quiet sobs when she'd returned to the dorm late after yet enough long practice session, she hadn't spoken because she knew that the older girl had wanted her to believe that she was asleep. 

When she finally did raise her eyes, her suspicions were confirmed. Yoojung was huddled in the chair beside the bed, her knees pulled up to her chest and her cheek resting on them as she slept, unaware that her younger friend had regained conscience.

The angle gave Doyeon a perfect view of the older girls face and she half wished that it didn't. Her face wasn't relaxed, even in sleep. Tear tracks were clear on her red cheeks and her forehead was creased with lines of worry. It was immediately clear that her sleep was one of exhaustion and not rest. 

A quick glance around the room revealed her whereabouts, it wasn't the first time she'd been in the hospital after all. No longer curious about her location, her eyes strayed back to the exhausted girl. Finally looking away from her face she noticed that Yoojung was still in her pajamas, covered only by the thin jacket that she called a coat. 

The guilt washed over her like a tidal wave, overwhelming and all at once in one fell blow. This was entirely her fault. If she'd just been able to get the dance right then she wouldn't have had to worry her best friend and if she had done better then she wouldn't have had to stay late and let Yoojung find her in whatever pitiful state she'd surely been in. 

It was all her fault again.

She tightened her hands into fists, remembering a second later about the smaller hand clasped in her own. Yoojung stirred from the movement but did not wake and Doyeon bit her lip to try and quell the oncoming tears. She didn't deserve to cry. She wasn't eliminated like Haerim, Yejin or Soomin and she wasn't under immense pressure like Yoojung. No, her own short-comings were all her own fault and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter