The Discussion

When It All Goes Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay,  we'll talk"

Yoojung let out the breathe she'd been holding, that had been easy, she was expecting Doyeon to put up much more of a fight. 

All of a sudden Doyeon looked so small, the blankets swallowing her figure and her tired eyes said that she'd has enough of fighting. Yoojung almost felt bad about making her talk when she clearly didn't want to. 

"I- I don't really know where to start to be honest," the taller girls voice was almost a whisper but due to the absolute stillness of the room Yoojung was still able to hear it well. 

"Start at the beginning, you were fine before last weeks ranking. What changed?" Yoojung figured that there was no point beating around the bush, if she wanted the correct answers then she was going to have to ask the correct questions. Even if Doyeon wasn't being particularly forthcoming with her information, at least she was talking. 

Doyeon visibly stiffened before forcing herself to relax so that she could say what she wanted to say. "This is probably going to sound stupid, but you remember where I ranked during the last evaluation right?"

"Of course, you ranked 11th. That's a good thing right?" Yoojung was unsure what the enquiry had to do with what was making Doyeon so upset, she figured that she was going to find out soon.

"I did say that it was gonna sound stupid... You also remember that my team recieved the vote benefit, yes?" Again, Doyeon's question appeared to have nothing at all to do with the matter at hand.

"You did, it was a great performance," Yoojung said, nodding her head to reaffirm her statement. 

Doyeon paused for a moment as if she was trying to order what she was going to say next. "So without that benefit, I wouldn't have placed within the top eleven. I didn't earn those points, just took them after riding on the hard work of my teammates. At the previous ranking, in episode 8, I ranked seventh, and yet without the benefit I would have ranked sixteenth. Surely I dropped so many places because I was doing something wrong, because I- I wasn't good enough..."

The younger girl was tugging at her hair frustration as she spoke but Yoojung couldn't stop the words that she'd just heard from playing in her head over and over again. Doyeon-thought she wasn't good enough? The idea seemed so bizarre to her who could clearly see every inch of just how good Doyeon really was. 

Not wanting her friend to think that she was ignoring her,  she looked up and thought carefully about what she was going to say in reply. 

"Let me just make sure I've got this right. You," she looked pointedly at Doyeon, "think that you haven't done well enough? That you've been doing something wrong?" The words tasted weirs on her tongue but she forced herself to say them anyway. 

The conflicted look returned to Doyeon's eyes. She wasn't sure whether she should agree and receive the scolding that would inevitably follow, or disagree and have Yoojung go back to looking at her in that dissapointed manner. There was no point denying it now anyway, she'd already begun admitting her insecurities so she may as well finish now. 

So with a slight nod of her h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter