What is Perfect?

When It All Goes Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don't really understand why we strive to be perfect. Perfection is right at the top and the only way to go from the top is down. 

                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Doyeon may have been under the impression that she was fooling everyone with her falsely cheerful facade but she couldn't have been more wrong. Everyone noticed the tired shadow under her eyes when she returned to the dorm in the early hours of the morning, hours after the rest of the group had finished practicing.

Out of all of them though,  Yoojung saw through Doyeon the most. When they went to practice with the other twenty girls for the final,  she could see the way that Doyeon watched the others with a cold analytical gaze. She didn't smile unless she was being spoken to directly and she constantly looked as though she was unsatisfied with her own practice. 

It was heartbreaking. 

The Doyeon that she had come to know and love was changing at an unprecedented rate and Yoojung was at a loss for what to do to bring a halt to the clearly self-destructive behaviour. Despite only being a month older than her friend,  she felt a certain amount of responsibility to stop her friend from falling apart completely.

Glancing across the room from where she sat, enjoying a water break, she observed Doyeon as she followed the instructions of Park Soyeon, the other girl breaking the dance down into manageable steps. Soyeon seemed baffled by the taller girls request for help when she appeared to already have a more than satisfactory grasp on the dance but wasn't denying her the assistance either way. 

Doyeon's eyes were narrowed in concentration as she elicited the same dance move again for the fourth time in a row. From where Yoojung was sitting it looked as though the move had come out perfectly but Doyeon didn't seem to agree as she let out a tired huff and moved back into the starting position. 

Just as she was about to get up and enquire as to what was troubling her friend, not that she would likely give  Truthful answer, Sejeong called her own group back to the practice floor, indicating that their short break was now over. 

With one last worried glance tossed over her shoulder, Yoojung got back into position, letting her mind empty as she focused on nothing but the song. 

She'd try and talk to Doyeon when this was over. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Doyeon knew that Yoojung was watching her, knew that the older girl was worried, but she couldn't make her mind focus on anything but making sure that the dance was perfect in time for the final.

Only when Yoojung finally returned to practicing herself did she stop what she was doing briefly in order to watch. There was something mesmerising about watching Yoojung dance. In general, Yoojung was hardly the most graceful person, the girl could practically trip over air. That all changed when she danced. Yoojung went from one of the sweetest people she knew to somebody with explosive stage presence. 

It was beautiful.

If Doyeon was being completely honest then maybe she would say that she fell head over heels for Yoojung the very first time she saw her dance. Of course, that was something she would never tell the older girl, how disturbed would she be to discover that her long-time friend harboured feelings for her?  Feelings that were certainly far more than friendship. 

Never. 

Turning back to her own practice she decided that she would perfect the dance before she returned to the dorm tonight. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Doyeon was late back. Again. 

Yoojung had tried to catch the girl before she disappeared once they arrived back at the Fantagio building, but she'd b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter