In the grassfield

Kiss it better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The knock on my door woke me up. I got out of bed, tired from he lack of sleep. I dragged my feet to the door and mindlessly reaching for the knob. I slowly turned he knob with my sweaty hands as it was humid in my room. I forgot to turn on he air conditioning, I thought to my self. Suddenly, seven people rushed inside my room. Seunghyun stood near the door gesturing them to come inside.

“It’s about time for you to wake up.” He snarled. “I though you forgot that it’s your wedding day. My hand hurt from knocking on your door.”

I smirked while rubbing my eyes. He closed the door and hurriedly guided me to the bathroom, scolding me to hurry and take a bath.

After a 5-minute bath and half an hour change of clothing, I got out and Seunghyun grabbed my arm and leading me to a chair. I plopped to a the chair and people started doing my makeup and hair.

 

After an hour doing my makeup, camera crew went inside my room and hastily set up their lighting and camera equipment.

 

An interview lead me to a chair next to the balcony. It was bright and sunny outside. I feared it might suddenly rain. However, Dara loves the rain. I imagined her dancing in the rain while people ran off to find shade. We used to Hangout in her apartment during a storm. She would always look outside the window, smiling. She asked me once, “Jiyong, am i a bad person for loving the rain?” I probed, “what made you say that?” She looked at me with a sudden grim. “People might be having troubles with the rain as it may cause floods and misfortunes. Yet, here I am loving the calmness it brings me. I feel like I am so selfish.” I couldn’t find the words to reply. I would never be able to think such thoughts. I was too proud and selfish. I party. I drink. I do all the bad stuff but never once considered the thought of being selfless. Yet, here I am, blessed by the gift of being with the woman I love. Do I really deserve this?

 

“Mr. Kwon, this will be a quick interview.” I snapped back to the present. I nodded.

 

“Silence , please! Recording in three, two, one.”

 

The brief silence rang in my ears.

 

 

 

 

After the interview, the camera crew and my friends went outside for a pre-wedding shoot. Afterwards, we drove to the 5-minute wedding venue. In the open field, white chairs lined up decorated with white sheer curtains and pink and white roses. And, no, I have no plans in having with her here. I chuckled at the very thought. I got out of the car and stood at the very end of the aisle. In front was a small stage with two pillars on each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter