In the studio

Kiss it better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The music equipment they had was just amazing!” She excitedly said as we went out of the club.

“That’s right. That is what you're going to expect from a five star club.” I replied cheerfully. She was now hyperactive and talkative. “By the way, Dara, why’d you go to clubs just to listen music when you can listen at your phone?” We slowly walked towards the parking lot. “I’ve always wanted to have huge speakers that could play wonderful music. I wanted to feel that strong beat the bass make. They seem to reverberate through my body and it makes me feel like I'm alive.” She merrily narrated. “Let me take you home, then. You seemed to have drank too much gin.” I said as I gently led her towards my motorcycle. “Oh! No! I can walk. My house is not that far from here. I haven't really drank much. Groggy but not that drunk.” She gayly said and made a bow. “No. I’m taking you home whether you like it or not.” I hastily took my helmet and pushed her to get on my bike. She didn't complain any further. She pointed the way to her apartment. We arrived in a simple apartment complex. She got off my motorcycle and made another bow. “Thank you for taking me home and for everything.” I waited for her to invite me to her home but she never did. “Aren’t you going to invite me to your home? You know... like coffee or tea or something.” I blurted out. She looked away and thought about it for a while. When she looked back at me, I made a ‘begging puppy’ look at her. She blushed and nodded, “C-come in.” I cheerfully straightened my posture and we went inside her apartment. It was a studio type of an apartment. She had a small bed on the far edge corner of the room near the window. A small plastic table on the other side of the room. She had a small kitchen on the entrance door of her apartment. “Let me just brew the coffee. Um... please have a seat.” I sat on one of the couple of small plastic chair beside the plastic table. While I’ve waited for her to bring the coffee, I looked around and two luggages beside her bed.

“Did you just recently move, Dara?” I inquired while staring at the luggage.

“No, I’ve stayed here for two years.” She said.

She came to the table and handed me a cup of coffee. “Do you want sugar on it?” I shook my head. I’ve always liked my coffee brewed with no sugar or cream.

“What do you do for work, Dara? If you don’t mind me asking.”

“I’m working as a waitress on the club where we've met.” She said as she took a little sip on her coffee.

“For real!” I let out a small laugh. No wonder she was at the club. “Are you living alone here? Where’s your family?” I inquired.

“Yes, I live alone. My family lives in the province. I pay for my brother’s school in the province since it’s way cheaper there.” She said while she looked intently at her coffee mug.

“I see. Do you own this apartment?” She shook her head.

“How about you, Jiyong? What do you do for a living?” She inquired. She seemed to not want to tell more about how hard her life was in the city.

“I work for a recording company as a composer. I live with my Aunt since my parents wanted to insure I wouldn’t do anything drastic.”

We chatted non-stop that night until the sun was starting to shine. I thanked her for the coffee and the wonderful conversation. She escorted me outside of the apartment to my motorcycle. I got on my bike and readied my helmet. Before I tried to put the helmet on, I turned and looked at her and asked, “Can I visit you again?” She timidly nodded. “What day of the week are you free?” I instantly asked. “I-i don’t have work every Thursday.” She said hesitantly. “Ah.. I see. No wonder you were at the club today... I’ll see you Thursday noon then.” I smiled and put on my helmet and started to turn on the engine. My motorcycle engine roared

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter