Ten Years Down The Road

Not Him

"I'm heading out with Minho!  Night mom!"

"Good night, sweetie. Don't stay out too late!"

Jonghyun slipped into the car, immediately pulling the seatbelt on and clicking it into place.  "Let's go!"  He immediately reached to the radio, starting to change the stations to find one worth listening to.

"Geez...not even a 'Hey' or 'How was work?'  How rude."  The now eighteen year old scoffed, but still grinned as he caught Jonghyun sticking his tongue out at him.  "Are you sure you're nineteen and not nine again?"

"Shut up...I was gonna ask how was work."  Jonghyun replied, still changing stations.

Minho glanced over at Jonghyun before reaching over to poke the male's side, causing the other to yelp in surprise.  "Well, it was boring.  There was barely any customers today and someone didn't want to come by so I could at least pretend to be working while still being entertained."

Finally settling on a station, Jonghyun sat back and rolled his eyes.  "Oh whatever.  I told you I promised my mom I would clean today."

"I know.  I'm just kidding, hyung."  Minho replied, the corners of his lips pulling up in a smile as he focused on getting them to the theater.

Ten years had passed since that day.  Chubby cheeks, lanky limbs, and oversized glasses had been replaced by sharp jawlines, slim but muscular bodies, and contacts.  While their personalities still clashed occasionally, more often it complimented each other and only seemed to bring them closer.

 

*****

"I'm just saying, while yeah the main guy was pretty good looking, I still think Song Joong Ki is better."  Dumping their popcorn bag in the trash, Jonghyun just shrugged.

Minho, however, gaped at the other male.  "What are you talking about?  How could he be better?"  He looked towards Jonghyun as they walked out of the theater.  "...you just like the fact that he has a baby face but is still ripped."  At the older male's smirk, the younger gaped after him before following quickly.  "Hey, I'll have you know that I am just as ripped as he is."

Jonghyun laughed and nodded.  "Sure.  Keep telling yourself that."  He finished off their drink before holding the paper cup towards Minho, ignoring the taller's huff.  "Here.  Try making it into the trash can over there.  You make it in, I'll agree.  If not, then I get ice cream and you admit that Song Joong Ki is better."

"You're on."  Minho grabbed the cup, eyes narrowing slightly as he eyed the trash can about 13 feet away from them.  He got into position, waited a moment, then threw the cup.

A burst of laughter left Jonghyun's lips as Minho missed the trash can by a few feet.

"Hey!  Not fair!  There's no weight to that thing!"  Minho nearly whined to the shorter.

"A deal is a deal.  I get ice cream and you have to admit he's better."  Jonghyun replied, stepping in front of Minho.  He wrapped his arms around the taller male's waist in a hug before leaning up just a bit to place a peck on the other's lips.  "You know you're number one for me."  He said softly, smiling before pulling away and starting forward to pick up their cup.  "Hey, check the time though.  Let's grab something to eat first."  He jogged forward slightly, Minho lagging behind as he dug out his phone.

"It's only going on 9pm.  We should--hyung?"  Minho paused as he looked up, not seeing Jonghyun ahead.  His brows furrowed and he frowned.  "Not funny..."  He muttered, walking a bit faster.

"--my wallet.  I swear!"

The words caught Minho's attention as he passed the small alleyway.  He definitely knew that voice.  "Hey!  What the hell are you doing?!"  Anger was clearly heard as he strode into the alley, only for it to quickly fade and be replaced with worry at the sight in front of him.

Jonghyun stood, back pressed against a stranger's chest, the man's arm wrapped around Jonghyun's chest and holding the shorter male's arms down.  The stranger wore a plain black mask that covered his mouth and nose as well as a cap the shielded his face even more.  What had stopped Minho, was the glint of the knife being held as Jonghyun's throat.  It was far enough to not cause injury, but close enough to be worrysome.

"Stop there. Do what I tell you to and no one gets hurt, alright?"  The man's voice was low and rather calm sounding.

"Alright.  Alright.  No problem.  We can do that."  Minho lift his hands as if surrender, moving forward slightly only for the stranger to take a couple steps back, pulling Jonghyun with him.

The man tightened his grip on Jonghyun, the shorter man's breathing being a bit faster, eyes wide.  "I said to stop there!"  HIs voice was a bit angrier, the knife getting closer to Jonghyun's throat.

Minho immediately froze, his eyes on Jonghyun.  His tongue flicked out over his lips.  "Okay, I'm sorry.  Look, man...I got my wallet here.  I have maybe *100,000 won with me.  You can have that.  Hell you can have my whole wallet but I don't have a lot in it."  

As Minho got his wallet from his pocket, however the action only made the man rest the blade against Jonghyun's neck, making the shorter whimper and mutter a soft curse.  

"You can have my watch too!"  He gestured to the watch on  his wrist, eyes darting to his boyfriend, watching as tears spilled from Jonghyun's eyes and slowly slid down his cheeks.  The elder always was an easy crier...The tears only made Minho speak faster.  "My grandfather gave it to me.  It's worth a pretty decent price.  O-Or my car!  Not perfect but it works alright.  I'll give you the keys just...please..."  Desperation laced his tone as his eyes fell to the knife at his boyfriend's throat.  "Don't hurt him...not him..."

 

*****

"---And what happened after that?  One more time please."

Minho nodded, one arm around Jonghyun's shoulders, holding the other to him.  "He told me to just toss my wallet past him.  After I did that, he shoved Jonghyun hyung forward then ran further into the alley.  I didn't see where he went after that because my priority was hyung."

The officer nodded, jotting down some things in the notebook.  "Was there anything of importance?"

"No sir.  Just a picture but it can be replaced..."

"Alright.  We'll be in touch.  You boys can go."

The two nodded and bowed slightly before slowly walking away and heading to the car.

It took another couple hours before the two were laying in Jonghyun's bed, the two having had to explain what happened to Jonghyun's mother and call Minho's parents to give the same update.  Along with it, Minho got permission to stay over as well.

The two were laying in silence before it was broken by Jonghyun's soft voice.  "....why would you offer up your watch?  I know how much that means to you."  It was an important item to Minho, it having been given to him at a young age.  It was given just before his first soccer team win and thus had become almost a lucky charm for him.

It took a moment for Minho to respond and when he did, Jonghyun hugged the younger tighter.  "My watch means a lot, but you mean way more than that.  I can replace a watch but I can't replace you..."

Warm, wet drops were smeared on Minho's chest, Jonghyun's sniffles soon following.  "...idiot."

"But I'm your idiot."  Was Minho's soft retort before moving down a bit, lips gently pressing to Jonghyun's in a sweet kiss.

 

 

 

******

A/N: 100,000 won is about equivalent to $100~  Sorry it took forever. I'm writing when I can and hopefully it's coming out alright.  hehe...in case it wasn't clear, yes, Minho and Jonghyun did get together.  Also, thanks so much for the comments and subscribers!  Feel free to ask any questions if things were un clear etc.  I will try to update this asap! I hope you all comment more ^^ Let me know what you think since I'm trying to improve my writing ^^