CH.5 ♕ 032007

GDS4.COM
 
CH.5  032007

03212007 AT 04:40 AM  //  Im Yoonkyung


A raspy voice from the other line croaked with a tired yawn, "It's like 3 AM, why are you calling so early?" 

Standing in front of a small American-esque diner in Hongdae—with my nose buried in the scarf carefully wrapped around my neck because dammit, it's still chilly—and watching the sun rise slowly to it's full form, I decided that it is far too early to be awake. However, the busy streets would beg to differ as cars honked and music blared from some boisterous vehicles. And if I have to be up at this time, I'm not going to be the only Im child awake. Chuckling, I replied, "Im Yoona, is that the way you were taught to speak to your elders?"

I could practically hear her scowl as she hissed, "We both know that you're only older physically. Mentally I so own the older position, okay." She sighed. "Why are you up at this hour anyway?"

"Ha, if only I could go back to those days," I muttered bitterly. "I have to meet up with the group at the recording studio by seven to practice our title song, even though the last member is still apparently pending. Then I have to start packing my stuff from dad's place because we're moving in to our dorm tonight. Woohoo."

She let out a laugh and, hey, there's the Yoona I know. "I love the enthusiasm you're showing," she mocked. "And what do you mean by start packing? Don't you mean finish because you told me two days ago that you started four days ago? Plus it's not even six yet. Why are you outside?"

"Ya, Yoona, shut up, we're still sleeping. This is not the hour to be talking on the phone."

"Who was that?"

A sigh. "Kwon Yuri, one of my group mates. She's a dancer." Yoona's already moved in to her dorm a few weeks ago, and they're so lucky because they have multiple rooms. Then again there are nine of them plus their managers, so it's understandable. Plus SME practically rolls around in mountains of cash. Totally and completely understandable.

"Oh. I'd say I'd love to meet her and share dance tips, but I feel like that would cause some controversies because we're debuting under different companies."

She laughed, and the same voice shushed her agian. "So you were saying?" she replied, more quietly this time.

"Eh, I got distracted," I spoke in an impartrial tone, dismissing the subject with a wave of my free hand as if she could actually see. "I have to eat breakfast, smart one, since there's no food I am actually interested in eating at home. But how do you know I'm out? I never told you that!"

Yoona snickered. "I hear the cars, smart one," she mocked. "See, I so am older mentally. Wait a minute, are you eating breakfast by yourself? Where are you? I wanna join in. You haven't treated me in a long time!"

I clicked my tongue. "Just minor complications. Our birth certificates still state that I am in fact the older one. And no, not alone, thank you very much. I have friends who agree to wake up at this time and have breakfast with me. If you think I'm treating you to a meal then you better think again. Thanks to Minji and this other trainee I only have enough money to last me meals for the next week, if I'm lucky."

She yawned. "What friends other than Minji do you have?"

"Shut up, I do have friends outside of the group!" I wined.

"Ha!" she exclaimed. "You don't even get along with all of your group members, and there's only four of you! Alright, who else is there?"

"Just because we disagree on some things does not mean we don't get along. Plus it's only this one girl, okay," I answered in a as-a-matter-of-fact voice. And then as I began to animatedly list the friends I have to my sister, a person flicked my forehead, and not lightly, mind you. With a scowl, I glanced up at the figure, completely ready to speak my mind about how no, you are not allowed to flick a stranger's forehead at 5:40 in the morning, especially if that stranger particularly despises mornings. My eyes meet those familiar almond-shaped eyes and I let out a little 'oh, you.'

"You're late," I retorted to him, temporarily forgetting my sister's presence on the other line.

"What? 'You' who? I'm late for what?" Yoona questioned simultaneously as he retorted back, "Don't be stupid. You never set a time, and you're lucky I even showed up this early."

"Oh. Oh," Yoona said knowingly and, oh god, I can practically sense her maniacal smirk. "I see. You're having breakfast with your dearest oppa-sshi. What was his name again? Was it ... Jinggyu, Sunghyun ... Sung—Sunggyu? Sunggyu. Yes, I'm sure that was it, wasn't it."

I scoffed. "Puh-lease," I hissed to the phone, "It's a meal between two colleagues. None of that ... that."

Sunggyu laughed gleefully, throwing an arm over my shoulders as he thankfully led me inside the diner. "Oh, so we're colleagues now? I thought we passed that line a long time ago."

"Oh, so you passed that line already?" Yoona teased.

"No, oh, god, just shut up," I growled.

Before I heard Yoona's reply, Sunggyu snatched the phone from my hands and put it against his ear despite my complaints, earning glares from the ahjumma clique leaving the diner. I felt my face heat up and bowed to them before continuing to harass Sunggyu for my phone, albeit more silently this time.

"Who is this anyway? ... Oh, Yoona? Im Yoona? As in Yoonkyung's little sister? ... Yeah, this is Sunggyu." He was silent for a moment before his mouth slowly lifted to a smug grin and his eyes glimmered with mischief. Oh, lord, what is this girl telling him? "I heard. Alright, I will ... Yeah, don't worry about it ... Okay. It was nice talking to you, too, Yoona-sshi. Goodbye."

We sat down in a free booth and he slowly slid the phone across to me, grin still completely evident. I scoffed. "Rude much?"

He picked up the menus and handed one to me as he began to look for his food choices. Eyes never leaving the menu, he replied in a singy-song voice, "That's you, stupid. I mean, colleagues? Really? And here I thought we were the best of friends." 

I shrugged, absolutely loathing him right know because his words are so true. "If I said that we're friends, my sister would've jumped to conclusions and thought I was hiding something from her. Plus she seriously makes fun of every little thing I do, and it's so disrespectful because I'm older."

He scoffed as his eyes narrowed. "Now you know how I feel when you talk back to me."

"The fu—" I began to say, until he raised his eyebrow and I glared. "What are you talking about? You were born two days before I was, so we're practically twins. How are you gonna tell me that you're older?"

That grin resurfaced—and no my heart did not skip a beat—and he said, "Like this: I am older than you."

"Nobody needs you to be such a smartass, Sunggyu."

Bringing his menu down on the table and waving to call a waitress over, he said, "Well apparently you do since I am treating you."

I seriously would have gotten out of my seat and bowed to him for that comment alone, but doing that would only fuel his ego and the lord knows we don't need any more of that around. (Plus, I have a feeling my sister had some part in influencing him to do this because he would not normally treat me for .) Instead my gaze softened and I lightly kicked his shin below the table to show my appreciation. He shot me a sour smile in return.

After ordering—the biggest breakfast I've had in a while, thank you very much—I folded my fingers out in front of me. "So, how's training?"

His expression pained. "Annoying. That Nam Woohyun is just so unbelievably cocky and acts like he's the king of the place even when there are people like Howon and me who have been training so much longer than him. Normally I can handle him, but—I hate having to say this—not having anyone of the same age to vent to is really frustrating."

This friendship of ours, well, you can say we were attracted to each other only because we were the only two born within the same year and, coincidentally, the same month and same week.  It's quite strange though because I only moved to the vocal department from the acting department ten months ago yet I'm almost as close to him as I am to Yoona. I don't know, I've never really had a guy best friend before, but it's really refreshing especially because he doesn't feel the need to restrain himself from judging me and my choices, which I surprisingly appreciate.

"So in other words," I put slowly, feeling a grin starting to form, "you miss me?"

"Yeah, sure, in peasant language." That earned the guy another kick to the shin and earned me kick back. "But how are you guys? Moving in to the dorm tonight, right?"

I leaned back on the booth chair and crossed my arms, replying bitterly, "Sadly." I whimpered, "Gyu, save me, that place is crap."

He reached forward to flick my forehead again and sneered. I flinched from his touch and rubbed the sore spot. "Be thankful you're actually debuting, you little . And as an idol, too. You're basically living out my dream, so live it out well or I swear to god I will haunt you in our next lives."

"We both know those are empty promises, and I don't even believe in a next life, so just stop while you can." The waitress came back with our orders freshly made and still steaming hot. Scrambled egg, a pancake, fruits, and a chocolate shake for me and an omelet, a stack of pancakes, bacon, and a strawberry shake for him. TGFAF, as I say. (Thank god for American food, for those not fluent in Yoonkyung.)

"Be nice," he warned after the waitress left, "I'm paying, remember?" Leaning back himself and tapping his fingers on the wooden table, his eyes lit up mischievously. "We need to go out and drink soju sometime, just the two of us."

Picking up my fork, I scoffed. "Need I remind you that we're both still minors? You just cannot be serious."

"I am serious though. I know this dancer who just turned twenty-one last month, and we can get him to buy it for us and we can drink on the rooftop of your apartment complex." My eyes narrowed, however he continued to speak when he felt a complaint coming his way. "Come on, Yoonkyung, we've gotta do it to celebrate before your debut because once those teaser images are released you'll have fans from everywhere anticipating your every move. We've gotta have some fun before you're imprisoned in that idol persona and before sasaeng fans attack."

Looking in those eyes, I saw nothing but sincerity, and I felt my willpower just slowly starting to chip away despite how completely unoriginal and cheesy the idea was. With a click of my tongue, I stabbed my fork onto a strip of bacon on his plate and replied, "Alright, alright. We'll do it when the group and I are settled in." Seeing excitement grow in his eyes, I quickly waved my fork in his face. "Not so fast, Kim. If you get me too drunk you're holding my hair as I puke my guts out and you are not to complain. If we get caught with killer hangovers I will undoubtedly blame you for influencing me because," I smirked, "you are older."

He dismissed me with a wave of his hand. "Minor complications. In the meantime, put that bacon down, goddammit. You have your own order for a reason!"


03212007 AT 09:48 AM // Jeon Sunyoung


"Why do the lyrics sound so conceited?"

Jihae let out a startled cough, looking as flustered as I've ever seen her. "I'm certainly not the correct person to answer that, Sunyoung-ah," she muttered, a light blush staining her otherwise pale complexion. "But at least the lyrics don't portray anything too ually provocative."

"But that was not exactly where I was going with this. 'A fashionista you can't follow/If I do it, it's a trendy hot style,'" I read, "If that's not conceited then I don't know what it, and I'm still on the first verse." I replayed the instrumental frm the beginning and directed my gaze to Jihae. "Not to mention how tacky the instrumental sounds with such boisterous instruments playing in the background. Imagine how much cheaper those ad libs you had Yoonkyung and Minji do would make it sound? Just cut out half of those so that the track doesn't sound too overwhelming."

"But keep in mind that this is your first promotional track, your debut. Let the producers handle this one because I'm more than sure they know what they're doing and what is popular nowadays with the youth. I'm also sure that by the time your next album is in preparations you'll get more say in the making of your promotional track," Jihae argued, but you could tell she knew she was losing this battle.

Before a reply left my mouth, another voice from inside the recording booth piped, "Don't make such a big deal about it all, Sunyoung, and just let the producers do their job."

Glancing over at Yoonkyung, who had just entered the booth, my eyes narrowed. "Can I just be blatantly honest right now?"

Her lips pursed, hands finding their way to her hips. "When are you not blatantly honest? And let's be honest, will our disapproval really stop you?"

From the corner of my eye I saw Minji beginning to rise from her seat, mouth agape in a way that said she had something important to say. I held my hand up to stop her. "Why are you here? Why are you debuting in an group when less than a year ago you were part of the acting department? What makes you think you'd earn my respect if you haven't even shown me anything to respect you for?"

She narrowed her eyes. "What makes you think I want your respect in the first place? I have nothing to prove to you as long as I know what I can do."

A nervous chuckle came from the Lee girl behind me, followed by the sound of paper being flipped. "Sunyoung unni is kinda right." I looked back and raised my brow at her. She nodded as she sauntered over to me. Peering over my shoulder to glance at my lyrics sheet. After a few moments, she pointed at my rap. "I don't think we should start right after Sunyoung unni's rap. The ad libs should begin right about ... here, after repeating the chorus once," she told Jihae, pausing for a second to point at the spot.

Jihae looked thoughtful as she began to scribble on her own sheet of music. She then began to play around with the small keyboard in front of her, pressing a variety of infividual notes and octaves alike.

While she played around with her thing, I spared a glance at our oldest member, only to see her hunched up at the music sheet stand, biting the end of her pen before jotting down notes of her own. "You got that?" I asked the girl in the booth warily. We've been her for only two hours yet I'm already feeling fatigue overcome my body. This is not good.

Yoonkyung looked up to eye me suspiciously before bursting into the smallest of smiles, albeit a smile nonetheless. "Yeah, thanks." She then directed her gaze towards our youngest. "Minji-yah, come in here for a second and try these notes for me. I have an idea."

Minji did as she was told and entered the booth. Yoonkyung handed the other girl her sheet of music before exiting the booth, closing the door soundly behind her. She then situated herself on the chair between Jihae and me and asked Jihae if she could play around with the equipment. With Jihae's permission, she proceeded to click away on the computer monitor so that the small keyboard was registered to play notes from C5 to C7 and the pressed A5 repeatedly. Looking up at Minji through the glass, she asked, "This is in your range, right?"

The youngest cleared before placing a light hand upon , signaling Yoonkyung to hit the record button. We were then promptly blown away as the note burst from her small body, pitch perfect and with an affixed power. Her voice then built up to a smooth transition to B5. After a single eight-count that seemed like an eternity, she concluded her slight presentation with a nod. "Hm, I suppose it's in my range," she muttered meekly, puffing her cheeks.

"That was good," Jihae applauded. "But try this." She then demonstrated what she had on mind through the keys of the keyboard, and Minji went on to do as instructed.

It's been like this for the past few days, which is why we've been so unproductive with recordings. A good two to three hours of arguing pass before we actually get things done and figure out the notes we're comfortable with, what particular parts to take out in order to make the song sound better, etcetera, etcetera. So far we've only gotten to record some parts of the intro, some parts of the chorus, the rap, and now some parts up to the end of the song. A lot of lyrics are repeated, so I suppose we don't have a long way to go until we finish up the title song because all that's left is to record the verses and parts of the chorus Seoeun is supposed to sing.

And Seoeun? We're not even sure about her anymore, to be honest. Tomorrow makes it a week since we last had a meeting with Tablo sunbaenim and our managers and us three have yet to hear about confirmations. If you ask me, there was no point in signing those contracts prior to training if your parents would just back out before debut. Instead of affecting two mere parties, in the end the company and the group are also hurt in the process. Come to think of it, I haven't seen her since then, which is strange.

The door to recording studio opened abruptly, successfully pulling me out of my thoughts and we all glanced back to see who the intruder was. Almost immediately after I looked back, I was pulled to my feet by Yoonkyung. At this rate, I was ready to go off on her, until I saw who it was, that is. We all bowed a respectful ninety degrees at Woo Jooyoung sajangnim. Behind him were the three Eik High sunbaes and ... Kaeseul? What's she doing here?

With a small smile and a gentle wave of his hand, sajangnim instructed for us to get comfortable and we complied, being his juniors and all. We all took our seats, and Minji stalked out of the recording booth only to plop herself down on my lap, which I normally would have complained about, however I saw that the couch was filled courtesy of the Epik High guys and Kaeseul.

"Now," sajangnim began, "I'm afraid I have some bad news. We are all aware of No Seoeun's position, am I correct?"

We all nodded, and my eyes couldn't help but stray to where Epik High were sitting. It's still so amazing and surreal that I'm actually going to be working alongside them. But anyway, this was the calmest I've seen Jin-sshi offstage and it's quite a sight, let me tell you.

"Well it burdens me to say that she will not be joining this group's upcoming debut, or any debut for that matter."

Yoonkyung brushed her hair back and clicked her tongue. "Is that why I haven't seen her around lately this whole week?" She noticed as well?

As a response to her question, sajangnim nodded. That could only mean ... "Her parents have wholly pulled her out of the company. We held a meeting—Tablo, Park Goonjung, Seoeun, and her parents—just this morning, and they've informed me that they would like for their daughter to concentrate solely on her schoolwork. Effective today, Seoeun's trainee contract has been terminated."

"That's the bad news," Tablo cut in. "The good news is that we've found the next best candidate for the Lead Vocalist position. Shin Kaeseul will be debuting in Seoeun's place."

A deep frown took over Kaeseul's otherwise beautiful face. "I'm her replacement?" she voiced.

Jin-sshi sputtered of laughter. "Not exactly. 'Replacement' is such a negative word, Kaeseul-ah!" He looked thoughtful for a second before exclaiming, "You're the newest addition to the group."

Sajangnim nodded in agreement. "Exactly the way I would have put it." Clasping his hands together, sajangnim grinned. "That's all the news I have for now so, girls, please work hard and make this debut as successful as it possibly can!" With that, he left to do whatever it was sajangnims do.

When the door closed, Tablo-sshi glanced at the four would-be members of our group and nodded, in satisfaction, I hope. He then spoke directly to Jihae, "Jihae-sshi, would you mind leaving as well? The boys and I would like to spend some time together with the group, as we haven't had the time to do that yet."

As soon as she left, Jungshik-sshi bolted from the couch and headed over to the recording equipment, taking the seat Jihae left empty with an enthusiastic smile. He messed with the computer a bit, pressing and clicking ever now and then, almost haphazardly in my eyes, before swiveling around in his chair to face the other members of Epik High and Kaeseul. "Gather 'round, children. Let's see what our subordinates have completed so far."

Minji stood up quickly and promptly covered the monitor screen with her hands. "Wait, don't yet! It still sounds empty because the verses haven't been recorded yet."

Tablo-sshi shot her a playfully accusing glare, and he walked up to stand behind Jungshik-sshi. "Alright, but you all will only get away this one time." He pointed an accusing finger at the four of us and warned, "You better do this song justice and get an all-kill because I wrote it, you got me?" We all nodded, all a bit scared that his meanless threats might actually have a consequence if we don't do as he says.

"Actually," I spoke, surprising myself as much as the others, but it had to be said, "since Tablo-sshi wrote Madonna, I think you should know that we changed the composition a bit. I also played around with the rap a few days ago and took out some of the lyrics."

Tablo clapped his hands in an applause, a pleased smile ever so evident. "Now I really cannot wait to hear the finished product."

"Actually, that wasn't why we came here," Jin-sshi cut in. "There are actually two tracks we're still unsure of."

"Eh? Why?" Miji questioned.

By now Jungshik-sshi was clicking away again, typing some things here and there, before saying, "You know that one song our groups are supposed to collaborate on? A Bitter Day? Well, the instrumental is indeed complete, but I wrote the song including more rap lines for the female part than actually needed. I was close to changing the composition entirely until Blo saw it. He suggested that we should instead try to get another member to rap alongside Sunyoung. The same goes for Good Night."

Tablo-sshi rustled through papers already scattered on the table and finally unearthed the sheets he went digging for in the first place and handed one to each of us. They were indeed lyric sheets, marked clearly as A Bitter Day.

He then signaled to Jungshik, and Jungshik proceeded to click something, and an instrumental boomed from the stereos.  "This is how the instrumental sounds like," Tablo murmured, head bobbing slightly to the music. "It isn't exactly our preferred style and we were actually thinking of handing our parts to another rapper or a trainee, however, we're basically in charge of group up. What good would it do if we didn't collaborate?"

"No way is Howon gonna overshadow me on this one," Jin muttered, eliciting laughter from everybody. He's still thinking about Howon?

Jungshik scoffed. "C'mon, Jin-ah, get it together." He then turned to look at us, or more specifically Yoonkyung, and said, "Anyways, we were thinking you could do the extra female rap part, Yoonkyung-ah." What?  

"You can't be serious," I found myself murmuring. "Not once have I heard her rap, and now you expect her to rap for not one, but two songs?"

Casting me a cautious glance, Yoonkyung nodded in agreement. "I agree. It's not my forte, nor will it ever be."

"Just try it out, please," Jin said, exagerating the last word with puppy-dog eyes that just looked so pathetically bad that everybody groaned. He scoffed. "Fine, no more aegyo from me."

"The parts we had in mind are in this order," Tablo spoke through the music, dismissing the topic of Jin's fail aegyo with a roll of his eyes, "Kaeseul, Sunyoung, Yoonkyung, Minji, me, Jin, Kaeseul, Jin, Yoonkyung, me, Sunyoung, Minji."

Jungshik's head snapped toward Yoonkyung. "Here, your part is in 5, 6, 7, 8 ... Do you hear the steady beat of the bass? Dung, dung dung, dung."

Yoonkyung, in the meantime, was looking at her sheet of music with the utmost concentration as if it was an extremely difficult A.P. Calculus BC question and it was almost funny to see her look at a rap that way. However, whatever it is that she did actually worked because pretty soon she was caught up in the beat of track, bobbing her head as she spit out line after line. Despite the slighty shaky feel to it, the timing was correct, and apparently the Eik High sunbaes were pleased.

"Good start," Jin muttered. "We just need to work on stabilizing your voice throughout the rap more, which shouldn't be a problem with Sunyoung aboard." He looked expectantly at me and I could practically hear the bad news coming. "You two will help each other out, right?"

My eyes met with Yoonkyung's simultaneously, and I saw this fierceness in her eyes that I have never before seen on her, this iron determination that looked like it would not leave until utterly pleased with the outcome. And maybe it was that moment that made us both realize that the other isn't so bad because we found ourselves with matching grins, nodding slowly at Jin's question.

"I think we can work something out," I muttered.

By the time we left for a lunch break the male rap parts were recorded, leaving us with only the chorus and the female rap parts to record in the future. That leaves two tracks of the album in the works, meaning only three tracks to venture off to and a new Kaeseul to catch up. It should be a bit easier from now because we have the whole team—recording that is. Because from now I know things will be anything but smooth sailing. Madonna is almost complete, meaning hours of grueling choreography learning and perfecting.


03212007 AT 08:20 PM // Lee Minji


"So Kaeseul said she'd get here around midnight, if she's lucky, with her things. She also said we shouldn't wait up."

Yoonkyung unni pressed the button for our floor with her knuckle, the germ freak that she is, before directing her gaze toward Sunyoung unni. "You gave her your keys, right?"

Sunyoung unni almost looked offended. "Of course. What, do I look stupid?"

"Anyway," I said loudly, cutting thought their small banter. "I really don't think we'd be sleeping in two hours' time. I mean, just look at us. We're only carrying our clothing and toiletries. All the other stuff are still in the van, and I bet it'd take at least two trips back and forth for us to get everything upstairs."

Suddenly, my phone rang. "Oh!" I exclaimed. "Joong-sshi texted. He said he and Goonjung-sshi would take the rest of the boxes up!"

"Thank you, god," Yoonkyung unni mumbled. A sigh. "We still have to buy furniture and, assuming that none of us have jobs and the company can't exactly spend more money on us, it looks like we're going to have to count on our parents making slight investments." 

"I have a part-time job on weekends, actually," Sunyoung unni cut in. "But I doubt my savings would help."

The elevator doors then opened, and we were met with the familiar smell of something that reminds me of retired old people. The three of us trudged out, carrying and/or rolling our bags and suitcases until we reached our apartment door.

"I think your savings would help," I said to Sunyoung unni as Yoonkyung unni reached into her pocket and fished out her keys. "If anything we can get kitchen supplies with what you provide."

"Home, sweet home," she muttered, sarcasm dripping from her tone, as she turned the lights on.

We were all then promptly surprised, for the barely-furnished, sorry excuse of a dorm actually looked like living human beings could actually thrive in it.

"Whoa," Sunyoung unni mumbled, and 'whoa' is correct. If you manage to stump even this Jeon then you know you're doing something right.

Once all of our shoes were neatly lined up by the platform at the entrance and our bags placed by the (new!) couch, I could finally take in a better look at our place. Where the queen mattress sat before was replaced with a television atop a television stand, a hardwood coffee table, and a new couch, which Yoonkyung unni has just decided to fling herself on, laughing gleefully.

Looking off to the right, the first thing I saw were ... bunk beds! Behind the beds were the racks for clothing placed in a straight line. Separating the beds was a drawer for our intimates, I assume. And ... well, the kitchen was pretty much the same, except the table has been moved slightly and a fresh bouquet of flowers placed upon it. Seeing a card, I picked it up, and called the other two over. "Guys, listen to this:

"'As our little congratulatory present, we bought a few furniture to make housekeeping a bit less stressful.  You didn't actually think we'd let you live in that dump, did you? Enjoy! From Your Woollim Family.'" 

"Aw," Yoonkyung unni cooed. "The really do care about us!"

"Woollim Family," Sunyoung unni muttered. "So Epik High, Nell, Ji Sun, and sajangnim?"

I shrugged. "I mean, I guess, but do you know what this calls for?"

Sunyoung unni sighed, as if she was a bit scared of the grin I felt appearing. Nevertheless, she asked, "What does it call for?"

"Celebratory jjajangmyeon!" I clapped my hands and chirped, "Which Yoon unni has to pay for because she's the oldest and because it's common courtesy!"

Off to the side, Yoonkyung unni fumed and relocated to the living room while Sunyoung unni patted my head, a slight smirk visible. "You're just another case aren't you, maknae?" 

I batted my eyelashes,which prompted a laugh out of her. "What are you talking about? I'm just a mindless sixteen year-old."

"Fine!" Yoonkyung unni shouted from the living room. "Let's just wait for Kaeseul to get here then we'll order. In the meantime, come and put our stuff away."

"Call!" I exclaimed, skipping off to the living room to grab my bags.

Minutes later, Joong-sshi and Goonjung-sshi dropped by with the rest of our bags and boxes from the van. Kaeseul came by around two hours later with four servings of jjajangmyeon, which Yoonkyung unni willingly paid her back for.

By then we had already done most of the important things—like choosing which bed would be whose (the two unnis called the top bunks, much to my despair, but i managed to convince Sunyoung unni to switch with me; maknae charm, hey!) and neatly putting toiletries and kitchen equipment away—and all that was really left to do was to decorate the place. We all decided that it would be best to save that for tomorrow because it was already half past midnight and we had to be at the recording studio tomorrow by seven. We were out by 1:30, sleeping soundly in our bunks.


 

100 X 100
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
n/a