CH.9 ♕ 082007

GDS4.COM
 
CH.8  082007

08122007 AT 06:53 AM  //  Im Yoonkyung


Shifting the grocery bags full of the stuff from Daeryung oppa to the bend of my elbows, I groaned. I completely forgot about there being a lock on the apartment door and the fact that it is the most difficult thing to unlock, much less open. Plopping down the grocery bags by my feet, I reached into my shoulder bag to grab my house keys and stuck it into the lock.

I was jiggling my key into the doorknob, hopelessly wishing for that first place trophy and 100k sold albums to come quicker because four teenaged girls desperately need a better place to live, before I felt a slight tug on my shirt and froze when I heard the small, delicate voice.

"Unni, are you and your friends the people who are in that girl group for Wooly?" 

I grimaced. We didn't think we would be recognized so suddenly, especially not by some kid living on the same floor. Honestly, we didn't think we'd be recognized at all.

Slowly turning around, I immediately smiled down at the small girl, Jieun, I think it was.

"Good evening to you, too, Jieun-ah! How are you and your parents today?" She blinked. I sighed. She blinked again. "Yeah, I guess we are that girl group from Wooly."

She squealed, clapping her hands together and jumping up and down excitedly. "That's so jjang! Can I tell my friends and umma and appa about it?"

"I mean," I trailed off. Would her friends really believe her? Moreover, would her parents believe her? She should be no more than seven years-old. Would anyone believe a seven year-old? I decided to push my luck; one person knowing wouldn't be so bad, would it? "Sure, kid, whatever you wanna do."

"This is the best day ever!"

Finally closing the door to our apartment, I found a relaxed Sunyoung with her feet up on the coffee table watching daytime television soap operas, a.k.a. a horrible drama. (Not even Lee Minho could save the lack-off plot I Am Sam had. I don't even know why she had the heart to watch this, besides Lee Minho because, hello, Lee Minho.) I didn't even have to look up for Minji; you can hear her vocalizing in the shower from the living room. Kaeseul was lounging on her bed, eyes shut tighly and slight snores coming from her small figure. Couldn't blame the girl; she was at the company at four this morning to work out another photoshoot for Elle Girl in Haeundae Beach. She fell asleep as soon as she finished her shower at four.

Without taking her eyes off the wretched drama, she grinned. "Took you long enough to get the groceries. But anyways, I heard squealing. Spill."

As demanding as always. "You know that kid who lives in, like, 216?" She nodded. "She put together the pieces and found out we were going to debut. How she did it will forever be a mystery to us all."

In response Sunyoung gave me a funny look, half smiling and half grimacing, before getting up and taking a grocery bag from one of  my hands. My reflexes reacted and I quickly reached for it, my hyper aware ears hearing the slight clinking of the bottles. "Hey," I said worriedly, hoping my voice didn't sound like it was quivering, "I'll take that. Just go sit back down and watch your terrible drama."

She scowled, though it wasn't as bad as I was used to, and crossed her arms. "First you want to make up and act civil, now you're rejecting my offers of being polite and helping out? Nice, Yoonkyung, very smooth."

I pursed my lips, heading to the kitchen and putting the bags down gently by the fridge. "You know I don' t mean it that way, Sunyoung. I just... I just don't want to trouble you by asking help with something I can clearly do by myself."

"Boyeo jwodo mideul suga eopneun
Geu nugudo san sangalsu eopneun..."

"But you're not," she responded, sitting on the armrest of the couch. "Really, you're not. If I'm asking to help you then you're not troubling me because it's my choice."

"Let's just drop it and start preparing dinner." I sighed. Heading toward the sink to wash my hands, I turned to look at her. "I dropped by my dad's house on the way here and he cooked us some food. Just set the table and call Minji. I'll wake Kaeseul up."

"Ttara halsu eopneun fashionista
Naega hamyeon geuge trendy hot style..."

She rolled her eyes, but pushed herself up to her feet either ways. With that familiar air of confidence in her walk, she stopped at the bathroom door and knocked on it some ten times as I kneeled down to carefully grab the tuperware of food my dad gave me. "We get it, you've got a fantastic voice. Just get out, come eat dinner, and stop worrying." she cried in a false feigned angry tone, her face softening up already. I guess you can say we all had a soft spot for the maknae.

A few heartbeats later, a howl came back from the bathroom, "Who says I'm worrying?"

Sunyoung cracked a smile. "Why, that little showoff," she mumbled before going on over to the cabinets and took out plates and utensils when suddenly

"Jinagabeorin eorin sijeoren pungseoneul tago..."

Oh. My. God. 

"Naraganeun yeppeun ggumdo ggueotji..."

My head snapped up as I looked at Sunyoung, eyes wide. She stood rooted on the spot, her eyes wide as well. In the corner of my eyes, I saw Kaeseul stirring and raised her head up slightly, searching side to side for the sudden noise that interrupted her sleep. "Where's the DBSK coming from," she mumbled, "Wha—"

"Sunyoung," I cut in, "is that your cellphone or am I going crazy."

Sunyoung reddened. "That's—" Before even finishing her sentence, she lunged for her bed and furiously pressed buttons in order to pressumably shut down the ringtone. Seething, her eyes scanned the screen before she closed it shut and flung it to the couch, missing the glass top of the coffee table by a legit inch. "That ws nothing," she finished, quickly regaining her composure. Beckoning to Kaeseul, she nodded towards the dining room. "We're eating dinner in a few. Get ready," she said in a scarily calm tone.

I really tried to hide my laughter. I really did. I really should have. Sunyoung hits pretty goddamn hard.


08132007 AT 09:37 PM // Jeon Sunyoung


I peeked up from my bed above and beside me in order to check if the others were indeed asleep. Hearing snores instead of tossing and turning assured me and I sat up and grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt to put over my sleeping attire consisting of a camisole and shorts. Taking my phone and keys from the bedside table, I tip toed out of the apartment. Everyone knocked out by eight because it was just that kind of day, but you can never be too sure. They'd definitely have my head on a platter if they found out what I was going to do.

I made my way down the two flights of stairs (because I need to clear my head anyway) and gently pried the gate to the apartment building open with one hand while the other dialed Woohyun's number at the speed of light. He had so much to explain.

He picked up on the fourth ring, and I could practically feel the grin he had on. "Quit grinning," were my first words, and he guffawed. I almost glared the passing people giving me dirty looks. What, a girl can't show emotion while she's talking on the phone?

"So I see you got my surprise. Don't ever leave your stuff unattended at the vocal department."

"Balloons, Woohyun? Are you crazy?"

"No, I just know for a fact that you secretly love that song."

At that moment the very tune began to play in the background of the other line and he chuckled. "Seems like destiny's trying to tell us something."

Sighing, I decided to play along, walking forward to wherever my feet may take me. "What, that I have a balloon ?"

"We can talk about es another time, sweetheart."

Despite myself, I couldn't help but to smile. "Did you purposely just begin to play the song because you're on the phone with me?"

"Contrary to popular belief, I actually do not bother to put that much effort in trying to impress the ladies. I'm telling you, I was meant to bag you, even destiny's on my goddamned side, Sunyoung, babe." I was silent for a few heartbeats, and then he sighed. "Okay, ouch, that hurt. If you wanna reject me, just say so straight up. Anyway, no, I didn't. I'm actually out at this quaint little restaurant having dinner because Sunggyu decided to ditch when it was his turn to cook dinner, thanks for asking."

It was nothing more than a spur-of-the-moment decision and in no way would I have said something even remotely close to what I did if I was thinking consciously, but I swear, it was because of Balloons playing and replaying in my mind and because it made my insides feel quite squishy and maybe a little fluffy, as in the words of Minji. "Where? Let me join you."

He was silent for a second, probably trying to let what I said sink in. "Okay," he finally said, his voice still holding a bit of disbelief, "but you cannot blame me for being tired in the morning."


 

Kim Sunggyu


Opening up the door that led to the rooftop, I inhaled the fresh (albeit slightly foul-smelling) air and walked on to the edge to wait for Yoonkyung. The thought of doing something illegal made my heart pound because playing by the rules has always been one of my top priorities, and I'm hoping that's something she feels the same about.

Dropping my backpack by my foot, I leaned forward on the railing and looked down only to see that rapper, Sunyoung, speaking on the phone before walking off and disappearing within a sea of people crossing the street. Grinning, I realized that we weren't the only ones sneaking out at night.

The door creaked open and I glanced back to see Yoonkyung in a plain white v-neck with pajama shorts. She smiled in my direction in greeting as she nudged the door shut with her foot. "You been here long?"

"No, I just got here actually." I pushed myself off the railing to face her. She walked over and lightly shoved at my shoulder to make room for herself by the railing and was silent as a gust of wind blew.

She shivered after a few beats and turned back to face the direction I faced. "I should go and grab a jacket first."

I shook my head and nodded towards my backpack. "Brought two blankets there. One to sit on and one in case one of us gets cold."

She sighed and took the blankets out. Setting one on the floor and spreading open the other one as she sat down, she pat the spot next to her and said, "Sunggyu, you know me better than I originally thought."

"I try," I replied, grinning, before walking on over. "I suppose you got my message?" I remarked, motioning at the lack of soju bottles.

"Well you know, I do have some respect for my elders," she said impassively with a wave of her hand and a knowing smile, but smiled either way.


Jeon Sunyoung


"So this is what your average 17 year-old boy looks like in its natural habitat."

Amidst the kimchi jiggae and numerous plates of bulgogi and mandu, Woohyun looked up at me, chopsticks up his mouth and a bowl of bibimbap in his hand. He scowled and shooed me away with his chopsticks, mumbling something I didn't even bother to try translating. Gulping down the food in his mouth, he said, "So I suppose you want some of this, too?"

I pretended to think about this for a second before sitting down on the chair across of him and took his chopsticks. "I am actually on a diet, but since you asked, of course I'd be honored to have some."

Leaning back and crossing his arms, he scowled. "Women are evil creatures."

Shoving a mandu in my mouth, I mumbled, "No, we just have uteri."

His face schrunched up in confusion. "Ute— wait, what?"

"Plural form of uterus, you uneducated piece of ."

He flinched back, a hand on his heart, and gave me a fake-hurt expression. "Um, geez, I get that you're playing hard to get but you didn't have to be so mean, babe. But regardless," he continued with a dramatic sigh, "we needed to clear the in the air anyway, so might as well start now. This partnership cannot work out if there's any sort of tension in between us."

Now it was her turn to have a look of confusion. "What partnership are you going on about, o wise one?"  

But he didn't reply. He just stared at me, the kind of stare that really scared me because he looked so serious and seemed to be thinking very deeply about something. But it was gone in a split second and soon all he could do was give me a smug smile. "Y'know, the one where you're the smart one but I'm the smarter one, and we look really good together because we look good individually."

I was pretty much dumbfounded. "Okay, well then."

Then he took his chopsticks and stabbed a piece of mandu and then that look was back.

It was one of the only times that I was left with nothing to say, and I didn't like it. I didn't like the way my stomach dropped or the way I was speechless.

He makes me so aggravated.


08132007 AT 11:19 PM


It wasn't hard for them to fall back into the rhythm that was them: just Sunggyu and Yoonkyung. After a few minutes of soft murmurs about everything and nothing, Sunggyu found himself pushed over to the edge of his blanket by the splayed Yoonkyung. A few more minutes after that, she seemed like a limp corpse, what with her slurred speech coming more delayed every time it was her turn to reply. The only notion that proved she was alive was the slight groan she blubbered as he made room for himself by pushing her to her side. Despite her complain, she did nothing but turn her head so that she faced him and let out a small smile.

"This was fun," she whispered, finally peering at him through lidded eyes.

He made himself comfortable and stretched his full figure on the blanket, letting out a yawn and a hum of approval. Turning his head to face his companion, he discovered that she had her eyes shut once more. He decided he liked her best like this, peaceful and not as ditzy as she usually was. It was then that he noticed how long her lashes were and he began to lean forward to get a better look when her eyes opened wide. Despite her weird stare, he did not retreat. "I was looking at your lashes," he mumbled in defense.

She began to giggle, and soon it turned into a full fledged guffaw. He had a goofy grin on his face and shoved her. "What's so funny?" She turned so that she was on her back.

With a ghost of a smile, she said, "You, me, this. It's kinda a funny story. Long one too."

He turned his head so that he could get a better view of the night sky and folded his hands on his belly. "We've got a lotta time."

Yoonkyung rolled over to her side so that she could get a better look at him, or his profile, whatever. She knew she wasn't thinking straight, with the fatigue pulling her intelligence and comprehension to the bare minimum, so there was no point in trying to explaining herself to, well, herself. "I don't know, it just seems like things are happening really fast. Way too fast. I don't know, but my head just really, really hurts sometimes when I think about it too much."

She was silent for a second before Sunggyu heard very soft sniffling. He didn't think anything of it, but did realize that it was getting a bit chilly, so he lightly brough his arm down to cover her face, jokingly motioning for her to wipe her snot on him if she needed to but also wishing she wouldn't (because ew). Feeling a slight wet patch at where her face would be, something inside him dropped as he realized something was wrong. He slightly lifted his arm and glanced down at her and found that she had tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Wh—Yoonkuyng, what the hell? What's wrong?" 

Furiously, she wiped her eyes, and began whimpering. Her grip on his sleeve tightened and he could do nothing more than hold his arm out uncomfortable as she cried. A kaleidoscope of memories of the last few months flew by her eyes and almost inhuman sounds from deep within her suddenly broke free. The vulnerability and humility suddenly got to her and her tears began to recede, although very slowly.

"It's just that this entire idol thing is so scary. Ridiculously scary. And it's just so difficult to drag myself out of bed on most days because I'm scared outta my mind. I don't know if what I'm doing is right or if what I'm doing will make my father proud or if it'll make my children cringe in disgust, and I just can't stop thinking about it."

Sunggyu finally got his sleeve out of her death grip and unconsciously her hair. He didn't know what to say in situations like this, and he knew that she knew that; he just wasn't the best at comforting someone. But right now, Yoonkyung needed him, and he'd be damned if he wasn't there for her. "Yoon, it'll be fine. You'll be fine, I'll be fine, we'll all be fine. It's what you want to do, and I know you want it more than anything. Because of that, I know you'll do well because you work so hard at everything you do and," he sighed, "that's what I love the most about you."

His heartbeat sped up as he said, finally said, but some part of him didn't care. He just didn't. It would always be her feelings before his own. And besides, it's not like she would even bring this situation up anyway. He probably wouldn't either. At least he hoped neither of them would. He just knows that if anyone outside of the two of them heard, no one would let him live it down.

She pulled him closer by the arm her hair which resulted in a slightly awkward embrace, and tucked her head under his chin. "I love you, too, Sunggyu. I love you, too." A part of Sunggyu was disappointed at the tone of her voice, the way she sounded so so so platonic, but he knew nothing could ever even happen between them.

He shut his eyes and heaved out a sigh.

No, nothing more than this. 


08202007 AT 11:37 PM // No one


"This is it!" Tablo had to keep himself from smiling too boldy or else his cheeks would literally fall off. He fiddled with the editting software in front of him before hitting the space bar on the keyboard to play the track. "After a whole week of the ty editting process, this is the final product."

A few minutes of silence from the five of them in the recording studio came then, and Kaeseul let out a breath she didn't know she was holding when she heard her voice in every track of their debut album through the speakers. She sounded fine. Good, even. She shut her eyes and brushed her hair back with both hands, a smile well earned finally bursting free. "Thank god we're finished."  

Tablo stood up ubruptly, digging through his pockets until finally producing his brand new, top-notch Samsung camera phone and nodded over to the four girls. "Ya'll might wanna move over because I'm going to post a picture on twitter and sajangnim'll be extremely pissed off if you guys are captured in a picture that isn't oficially stamped as good enough."

"Will do, as long as you stop saying things like 'ya'll' and 'wanna,' deal?" Sunyoung bargained, grinning, possibly due to the euphoria of finally completing the rest of the album.

He briefly glared at her, prompting Sunyoung along with the other three immediately got to their feet and scrambled away. She could've sworn she heard him mutter, "Why the hell do I work hard for these kids again?" She snickered at this.

Bitting his lip whilst attempting to capture the perfect angle that would show off the beauty of the newly furbished recording equipment, asked, "Hey, Yoonkyung, when did sajangnim say your picture would be released?"

Yoonkyung let out a sigh. "He asid tomorrow, so no going out for me."

"Oh, Yoon," Minji cooed in a joking whisper, "You can always camp out on the roof."

Tablo glanced back. "What was that?"

Yoonkyung colored. No way was she going to bring that up again. That was so seven days ago! "Nothing. Just ... go back to taking your dumb picture."


HLUUcov.png
news    credit    features    memes    photos    shop    forums   
Woollim Entertainment Releases Photo of the Third Member of Goddess + Tablo of Epik High Tweets of the "New Kids"
August 22, 2007 at 06:09 AM
image-7.jpg
zdVJmyT.png
by admin
scrap, share & like
2299
shares
qg7iJvC.png
GpYXxaV.png

At midnight, Wooollim has once again revealed another member of their latest project, Goddess. Meet the third member of Goddess, Miss No-Name-Thus-Far! Though we'd prefer to not believe rumors, especially not rumors impossible-sounding as this one, word has it that our most recent member is the sister of Girls Generation's Im Yoona! How crazy, are we right? But, we'll just have to see.

On the other hand, Tablo of Epik High has joined in to adding hype around the girls. As seen on the screencap of a tweet, Tablo has revealed that the group has had studio sessions with him. This has, more or less, set of the fandom, delighted in the fact that their idols' music will be quality, much like Epik High's is.

Stay tuned to allkpop.com for the latest news on Goddess.

Source & Picture: Naver + Woollim Entertainment + Cyworld + Twitter

tags
Goddess
Woollim Entertainment
Cosmopoitan Magazine

t
comments
There are 206 comments
5rIeMMp.png
Sort by:
Newest First
 
avatar2.png
bloppa · Posted August 07, 2007 @ 10:33 am
ummm, stoked much????? CAN'T WAIT
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
kpoppoppinn · Posted August 07, 2007 @ 10:33 am
TABLO IS INVOLVED WITH THEIR ALBUM that's how you know this is something to look forward to bros
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
ahjummama · Posted August 07, 2007 @ 10:33 am
two months left and still no word on the members?? is this a joke?????
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
hellojazz · Posted August 07, 2007 @ 10:33 am
asdfghjkl;' literally so cute wth
Reply · Report · Share
 
more

 

100 X 100
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
OKAY I AM BEGINNING TO CHANGE THE CONTENTS NOW