~Hardest Mission Yet~

Eyes of the Dragon

~ Chapter 1 - Hardest Mission Yet ~

"So, what brings you here, sir? Werewolves, vampires, anything, and I'll take it down."

The female glanced at her customer with her dark eyes, her expressionless voice coming out slightly muffled due to her signature black mask. Her sharp eyes scanned her customer, who was obviously of a high ranking, judging by his gloves and silk attire.

"A Hellhound. It's the leader of a pack, and it has been terrorising my people for a few years. i need you to take it down for me. No other hunter has been able to do it."

The man stuttered slightly as he wilted a little under Chen's piercing gaze. Despite his strength, and power in the ruling world, he was still prey to an assassin who was highly known for her unpredictability and fierceness.

"Alright. Sounds fair enough of a challenge."

The customer uneasily shuffled in his seat at the thought of payment.

"My people and I are not rich... But what pay do you ask for...?"

"Ah, that is simple."

The female replied instantly, leaning forwards onto the table, her weapon's hidden form of a black pencil twirling around in her hands.

"I want nothing. The thrill of the kill is good enough."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The customer jumped in his seat, standing up and placing his hands onto the wooden table.

"Nothing?! If you succeed I must reward you something! You would have done something no one could achieve!"

The female shook her head, standing up.

"I want nothing. Take the deal, or leave it. You have honoured me by choosing me for this mission, and to thank you and your people, I will do this free of charge"

The man sighed and bowed his head slightly in resignation.

"If you wish, Masked Dragon..."

"Good. Then that's settled. I will be on my way."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is way harder than I could have possibly thought."

The female muttered to herself, dodging the Hellhound's frenzied attacks, staying alive only due to her endurance and speed. The hellhound was furious that she had taken down his pack members {actually just tranquilised them, but the beast thought they were dead...} and was trying to gain revenge for his "fallen" comrades. She shot up a tree, leaping from branch to branch to escape from the beast's heavy blows before making her way to a high tree, shooting an arrow in another direction to divert it's sight for a while before climbing up the tallest tree in the vicinity, closing one eye as she aimed at the beast from the foliage.

"My weapon, power your arrows. Aim and fly."

She muttered to her weapon that purred in her hands, watching the Hellhound head towards her tree. She thought it didn't have that of  a good heat sensor...

She was wrong.

"Hunter, I know you're there. I may not see you, but i can sense you."

She immediately shot at the beast, watching as it roared, the sharp arrow having split like bamboo and given it multiple splinters. She stood up in the foliage of the trees, noticing one second too late that the tree was falling. It wasn't that tall of a tree, but it was strong and sturdy.

And she was sure this would be the hardest match with a Hellhound.

Ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's that noise?"

A certain mahogany haired male wearing glasses looked up from his book as others around him slowly stopped to listen to the noises. It sounded as if something heavy was running somewhere... Or was it close to their house?

"It could be dangerous. i take that back. It must be dangerous."

Another got up from his spot on the couch, flicking his hair out of his eyes before heading to the window to check it out.

"i can't see a thing. It must be something big far away." 

The same male mused, before heading back to his seat. he was just about to sit down when the coven leader, one the other members called "Small eyed" called him again with an errand.

"Dongwoo. Would you mind call Hoya from his room and ask him to at least clear the foliage a little so we can see what threat awaits us?"

The male the request was directed to grinned widely and skipped up the stairs to visit one of his favourite dongsaengs, and bring him downstairs at their leader's request.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hoya~!"

The male called knocing on the solid wood of the bedroom door, as the occupant appeared from the entrance.

"Yes, hyung?"

"Sunggyu - hyung called for you. Did you hear the noise?"

The male stepped out from his bedroom and closed the door securely, nodding as he did so.

"Yes, I did. What about it?"

"Hyung says it may be dangerous."

"Maybe."

The male with relatively thick eyebrows shrugged before heading downstairs to the living room with Dong Woo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "You called, Sunggyu - hyung?"

The older male turned around to face the newcomer.

"Yes. Would you mind sending your animal scouts to check the situation? It could be something threatening."

Hoya the male, nodded and went to the window, focusing on the ground outside. Less than a minute later, several pairs of glowing eyes had appeared in the dimness of the outside forest, firing off into their duties after having received instructions.

They should come back with news soon.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ouch, you bastard!"

The female growled in annoyance as she fought with her weapon, which had now morphed into a guan dao, her favourite choice of weaponry. The female hacked and slashed at the beast, masking ashes that seemed to heal almost immediately.

She knew well that the spot that could instantly defeat a hellhound was it's eyes, which she was aiming directly for. But as fast as she was, she had gained multiple injuries all over her, hindering her slightly.

One last strike from the hellhoud was enough to bring her back to her senses.

"That's it!"

She shouted, jabbing directly at the creature's eyes as it was slightly stunned from her outburst of fury. The beast let out an ear splitting cry, clawing uselessly at it's disintegrating eyes, it's body. Chen barely had time to shield her ears from the scream before she slumped down onto something hard, possibly some staircase of sorts.

But what would a staircase be doing here?

As soon as the lingering echoes of the scream stopped, she immediately laid a hand over her deepest wounds to stop blood flow. Chen would still survive, it wasn't any bad... She'd suffered worse. But deep in her heart, she knew she needed help. And quick one at that.

"Hey. Come in. You're bleeding to death."

A stern, but slightly friendly voice came from behind her as a flood of light was thrown onto her back.

She had barely turned her head when she collapsed involuntarily, visions spreading across her darkening sight. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey there, it's Yaeru X) Here's the first chapter of my new INFINITE fanfic - I hope you'll enjoy reading it. Until next time, amigas and amigos!

~Yaeru