Chapter 1

Angel's Horns Devil's Halo [taoris-hunhan AU]

The water evaporates and turns into a tube with a lava pool at the end. Tao starts to panic and pushes against the sides, trying to slow his fall. To no avail, he continues to fall, rapidly nearing the lava.

He winces as his angel wings extend, spreading out as he stops himself from falling, floating a mere inches above the surface of the bubbling lava. He lets out a sigh of relief before looking up to see a very rough, manly looking man standing outside the tube with two horns protruding out of the sides of his head. He doesn't fail to notice the large wings folded at his sides with a sharp looking talon sticking out. Apart from the fact that this devil's wings were a little less feathery and the obvious show that they were black, Tao doesn't think they're much different from his own.

"You must be Tao," he says. The devil speaks with a low, rough voice.

Tao nods and the devil raises an eyebrow. "Yes," Tao adds quickly upon noticing the devil's lack of reply and the sudden presence of many other devils. Tao quickly categorizes this devil under the main devil.

The devil lets out a heavy breath before stepping forward and tapping on the tube rapidly.

"What about initiation?" a devil calls out from the crowd.

"This is a special case," the main devil says.

"If he is to join us, he must go through initiation," the devil protests loudly.

"Do not challenge me," the main devil snaps. "You will not push me, Taemin. If you are to remain here, you will abide by my rules without question." Tao watches as all the other devils flinch backwards.

There's a creak and Tao watches in awe as the tube opens in front of him. The main devil gestures him forwards and after a moment's hesitation, he flies forward. There is a loud gasp as his wings fully extend showing off their size.

"You learn fast," the main devil says. "My name is Kris. I run hell."

Kris makes a gesture with his hand behind his back where Tao can't see and the gathered devils behind him disperse.

"Follow me," Kris orders. Without waiting for an answer, he turns and starts to walk.

Tao quickly flies forwards to catch up with Kris.

"I'll show you where you're going to stay," Kris says.

They walk in silence. Tao flies beside Kris, taking in his surroundings. He tries not to let his fear overtake him as he finds many lava pools randomly placed throughout hell. He also notices a large house high up on a tall cliff. Lava falls down every side of the cliff. Tao immediately assumes it's Kris's house.

He looks over at the powerfully built male who walks with a purpose. He immediately notices the broad shoulders and strong jaw.

"We're here," Kris says, putting out his arm so Tao doesn't fly into his temporary house. "Careful."

Tao ducks his head, his face flushed. "Thanks."

"You'll be staying here for a month," Kris explains. "There will be a bell for everything--wake up, lights out, meals. Lunch is soon, I'll be here to show you the way there and back today. After that, I expect you to find your way there and participate in the activities. If you ever want to make your own meals, tell me and I'll make it happen."

Tao nods. "Thank you."

"Get settled in, I'll bring you your things after lunch," Kris says. "Take the rest of the day to unpack, okay? I'll be back in a bit... Try not to get into too much trouble."

"Okay," Tao says, but Kris is already walking off.

~

After a tiring swim up the water, Sehun finally reaches well... Paradise. Heaven. The place he always wanted to be.

He stretches out his wings before folding them back by his sides. He shakes out his hair before looking up to see an angel with massive, white, feathered wings and a gold halo floating above his head.

"You must be Sehun, I'm Luhan, I run this place," the angel says. "Welcome to heaven. I'll show you around and help you get started."

Sehun nods numbly, his mouth open in awe as he looks at all the islands dotting the sky. The occasional cloud covers part of the many islands and Sehun barely notices when Luhan starts to walk.

"You coming?" Luhan asks, stopping and turning to see Sehun staring at the sky.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Luhan says. "It must be very different from hell."

Sehun can only nod before tearing his eyes away from the paradise and following Luhan around.