Elysian

Limerence

 

Elysian (adj) - beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect

 


 

Jonghyun isn't sure if he feels content. For one, there's peace in their kingdom, his father is happy, and he is soon becoming King. On the other hand, everytime he is in proximity with a certain green-eyed individual, he has the sudden want.....no, need to lean in to steal a kiss. After speaking to Kibum that day in the gardens, he feels lighter, knowing the other won't leave him. Yet he still feels there is something the other isn't sharing. Though he seems happier, there are still moments Jonghyun sees him frown, almost looking sad as he's staring into the distance. Sometimes Jonghyun finds him staring at Taemin, a lost look on his face everytime the elf isn't looking at him. If Jonghyun hadn't known better he would have thought Kibum was in love with Taemin, but there's more to the look. It's a guilty look. It's the same look Kibum had on his face when he talked about Taemin and his past with Kwan, about Kibum erasing his memories. Though Kibum and Taemin have put that behind them, Jonghyun thinks there's more to it. 

But what?

"....ghness? Your Highness?" Jonghyun flinches at the sudden voice beside him, turning to Yoochun who looks at him with a raised brow.

"My apologies, what did you say?" He asks a little embarrassed.

"You have a meeting with the tailor's, for the new suit to the ball." Yoochun explains calmly. 

"Ah, right." Jonghyun says with a small sigh. "Is it possible to bring Kibum and Taemin? They both need something to wear." Jonghyun says after a while.

"I will arrange it with the tailor." Yoochun says with a bow of his head before disappearing.

 


 

"Are you certain the King is alright with this?" Kibum asks with an uncertain frown as he follows Jonghyun and Taemin to the tailor. Even if the King normally got the tailor to come to the castle, Jonghyun thought it would be nice to get out and walk through the village. He rolls his eyes at the other boy's words. 

"Why would he not be? We are giving you a suit, not a country." Jonghyun says with a low chuckle as he opens the door.  A soft bell rings over the doorway, signalling their arrival. An old man looks up from his place behind a counter, squinting behind large glasses before his eyes widen. 

"Your Highness! Welcome, welcome." He says loudly as he moves around the counter to bow. 

"Thank you for seeing us so soon. I am aware the ball is not for weeks to come, so I am thankful." Jonghyun says with a polite smile. 

"Yes yes, I assume these are the other two orders?" The old man says as he looks at Kibum and Taemin. When Jonghyun nods he gives the other two a smile before turning to the doorway behind the counter. "Soo?!" He shouts, and they hear a muffled yelp from the backroom before a short young boy runs out with wide eyes. 

"He looks like an owl." Taemin whispers to Kibum with an amused smile. 

"I think he looks adorable." Kibum says as he stares at the boy. 

"Yes, grandpa?" The boy, Soo, says as he glances nervously at the three men by the door. 

"I will need my equipment and your assistance." The old man says. 

"Yes, right away." Soo mumbles before rushing back behind the counter. 

"My grandson may be jittery, but he is a very talented young tailor, you are in good hands." The old man says softly with a smile. When the boy rushes out again the old man drops the smile to a professional look. "I need the measurements and special wishes of course. We can begin with you." He says to Kibum, who looks up in surprise. He glances at Jonghyun in question. It would be rude to not start with the Prince.

"They have my measurements already." Jonghyun explains with a smile. 

"So unless the cooks at the palace have given you extra dessert, you should be fine." The old man says with a laugh, and Jonghyun joins him. "Let us go into the office and discuss the requirements." The man says as he shows the way to Jonghyun. 

"This way please." Soo says gently as he looks at Kibum. Kibum nods as he follows him into a seperate room. "Please take of your cloak." Soo says as he puts the equipments down, taking out a pen and paper to write down the measurements. "Step up please." He gestures to a small platform and Kibum does as told. He tries not to look at the boy as he begins measuring how tall he is. 

"So, excited for the ball?" Taemin asks as he walks in, leaning on the doorway with a smile.

"I suppose. I was never one for formal events." Kibum mumbles. 

"You seemed very happy last time, dancing with the prince and all." Taemin says and smirks.

"Yes, and then I fell unconcious, which I am hoping will not repeat itself." Kibum says with a glare. 

"You worry too much." Taemin says with a scoff, and Kibum snorts. 

"I worry? I bet if I told the Prince I had a headache he would personally drag Jinki from his office by his neck to measure my temperature." Kibum says and chuckles softly. 

"That is only because he loves you back." Kibum's eyes widen comically as he stutters. 

"Taemin!" He hisses, looking nervously down at the tailor to see him glancing at the floor, but his red cheeks are a sign he heard. "I swear, it does not matter that you are my best friend, I will curse you." Kibum says with a frown.

"No you will not. There are other people in the room. You can not hurt me." Taemin says and smirks. Kibum growls softly in his throat, reaching for the only thing close by, a pair of scissors. Taemin's eyes are the ones to widen now as he yelps and runs out. Kibum lets out a sigh as he looks back at the tailor. 

"I am sorry, he is not always that excruciating." Kibum says and bites his lip.

"It is alright, sir, just do not get any blood on the suit and I will not say anything." Soo says with a small smile. "I have a friend like him, sometimes my actions are very similar to yours." He adds with a small chuckle, continuing to measure Kibum's arms and his waist. 

"What is your name?" Kibum asks after a while. Soo, now standing infront of him, also very close, looks up with a raised brow.

"Kyungsoo, sir." The boy answers softly. 

"Drop the "sir", makes me feel ancient." Kibum says with a laugh. Kyungsoo nods with a smile, looking a little more relaxed. 

"If it is not too bold, I do believe your friend spoke the truth." Kibum tilts his head in confusion. "A-About the Prince..." Kyungsoo adds, looking back down. "Though I do not know much about love, I saw the way he was looking at you. He must care for you very much." 

Kibum bites his lip again, glancing out of the doorway where he can just see the counter and the office behind it. "Kyungsoo, have you ever been in love?" The question startles the boy, and he looks back up. 

"I-I-I....I think so?" He made it sound like a question, and Kibum chuckles at the confused look on the younger's face.

"You think?" 

"I am not sure. How do you know when you are in love? All I know is my heart beats faster, I can not control my breath, I see him when I close my eyes, and I-" Kyungsoo shuts his lips as his cheeks redden again, and he looks down into the measure tape in his hands, tugging on it slightly. 

"It is a he? Well, I do believe I know how you feel." Kibum says. "Do you know if he feels the same?" He asks.

"No....I-I have only spoken with him a few times. He works at the castle, and my grandfather is not feeling well so I usually take care of the shop." Kyungsoo says with a sad look. 

"Ah, well, I live at the castle." Kibum says and smiles. "Maybe I can find him for you? Find out if he feels the same?" He asks. 

"You do not h-have to sir, it is too much to ask of." Kyungsoo says, but Kibum scoffs. 

"No, and I said I could. It would keep my mind off my own problems for a while. The castle can become very dull some days. What is his name?" Kibum asks.

"K-Kim Jong...Kim Jongin." Kyungsoo answers with a blush. 

"Alright, I will ask around. Do you know where he wor-" 

"Why are you taking so long, Soo?" The old man says with a frown as he walks inside, startling Kyungsoo. 

"I am sorry, it was my fault. I do like to talk." Kibum says with a laugh, a places his hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder. "It was a pleasure meeting you." Kibum says softly with a knowing smile before walking out. "Your turn, little devil." Kibum says with a small growl as he pinches Taemin's side. The elf yelps in pain, rubbing at his waist with a pout before walking inside. 

"What did you talk about?" Kibum looks to his side to see Jonghyun staring at him. His slightly furrowed brows making him look almost annoyed. Kibum sees him glance back to the room where Taemin went.

"Things." Kibum answers with a shrug. "Is there any need for us to wait? I would like to head back to the castle quickly. Would you mind notifying Taemin?" Kibum asks.

"What are you going to do? Are you in a hurry?" Jonghyun asks back.

"I have an errand to run. Would that be alright?" Kibum says, giving Jonghyun such a stunning look that the Prince wouldn't dare to say no. 

"Of course not. I will see you at dinner?" Jonghyun asks hopefully. 

"Of course." Kibum says and grins, bowing his head slightly before rushing out. Jonghyun is left a little dumbfounded, wondering what happened in there that got Kibum all riled up. He looks back to the other room, pursing his lips and walking in. 

"Taemin?" Jonghyun asks as he walks in, said boy lifts his head to look at him. The young tailor looks up as well, though he looks away when Jonghyun meets his eyes. 

"Yes?" Taemin asks. 

"I..." Jonghyun hesitates, he wants to ask the tailor what he was talking about with Kibum, but he feels it would either be rude or too nosy. A prince does not poke into other people's business. "I was just going to say that Kibum went back to the castle. Something about an errand he wanted to run. Is there anything you need at the market before we go back?" Jonghyun says after thinking, running his hand through his styled hair, messing it up. 

"Not particularly, no." Taemin says and shakes his head. Jonghyun nods before saying he will wait outside. What doesn't go unnoticed is the way the young tailor suddenly looks nervous at the mention of Kibum. Jonghyun chooses to ignore it for now.

 


 

Kibum smiles, he gives the passing villagers polite smiles as he walks towards the castle, almost wanting to dash through the entrance. 

It may be the child in him, but Kibum has always loved stories about romance and finding loved ones and fighting for your heart. Though he never went out to find his own true love, Kibum has always thought it was fascinating. And now, he wondered if maybe he would be able to see it in real life. He saw the way the young tailor boy's eyes lit up as he talked about the one he loved, and it melted Kibum's heart. Now, even if he is stuck on what he is supposed to do with his affections for the Prince, he is able to help someone else.

The first thing he will do is find the boy. He has no idea what he does in the castle, so Kibum will have to ask around. He heads first to Jinki, knowing the physician is a very social soul and probably remembers every face he sees. He's practically skipping up the stairs, which is unusual for him, and knocks loudly on Jinki's door. 

"Yes, come in." He hears the other's voice, and opens the door. "Kibum, what do I owe the pleasure?" Jinki asks with a warm smile. 

"I have a question." Kibum says as he steps into the room. Jinki nods, putting down the quill in his hand and turning to give Kibum his full attention. "Do you know of a boy named Kim Jongin? He works at the castle." Kibum asks, not able to hide his excitement. For once he is on a mission that isn't lifethreatening. Or it may be for Kyungsoo, but Kibum isn't risking his life to help him. And it keeps his mind off things, which is even better.

"I can not say I do. Is there any reason you are looking for him? Have you grown tired of the prince's antics?" Jinki asks with a chuckle. 

"No, it is not that. I simply need to ask him of something." Kibum says with a sigh.

"Well, he is not familiar, perhaps he works in the kitchen? Or he is a soldier?" Jinki asks. 

"Right, I will ask around more. Thank you." Kibum says with a nod.

"Kibum?" Kibum turns around where he was heading out the door. "Are you feeling better now?" Jinki asks. 

"I do not know what you mean." Kibum asks, turning around fully and crossing his arms over his chest. Jinki follows the movement of his arms, giving him a calm smile.

"That day, when you spoke with Jonghyun in the gardens, he came to me. He was so scared, that you were not happy here. I told him I had noticed to, something has been bothering you, and even if you are able to hide it normally, we can see it on your face. This is the first time in days that I have seen you genuinely smile." Jinki frowns. "Just...promise me you will talk to someone if you are troubled. Talk to Taemin, or the Prince. All I know is that your friends have noticed, and you are hurting both yourself and them if you keep it hidden." Kibum feels lost, his jaw is slack at the words and his arms have fallen to his side. It seems the topic has been on the physician's mind for a long time. But the words only bring back the problems Kibum has been trying so hard to forget, and it only makes his slightly happier mood disappear. The energy he had felt from having something new to do, fades into the dark thoughts that haunts him still. 

"I see...." Kibum says, glancing down at the floorboards. "Thank you for being so honest." Kibum says with a weak nod before leaving. 

He's been a fool, pretending he can leave all this behind. What happened in the woods, Kibum erasing everyone's memories, the scars that still burn when Kibum uses his powers. It won't go away just because Kibum ignores it. 

He walks aimlessly around the halls, not knowing where his feet are taking him, simply glancing down at his hands. Jinki said he was hurting them, was he? He remembers Jonghyun's panicked expression when he thought Kibum was leaving, and he remembers the pain and fear on Taemin's face when he erased his memories. Maybe this is a sign, Kibum was never meant to find true love, cause he only hurts people.

His hands begin to shake. 

Maybe Kibum desperately wishes for others to find love, because deep down he knows he can't? 

His eyes are stinging with tears. 

He has hurt his friends, decieved the King, tricked the person he loves, because he's afraid of what they would think if they saw the real him? Would they love him then? Would they be able to look over the flaws that now not only marred his heart, but his skin?

Kibum feels a tear slip down his cheek just as he collides with something. His breath leaves him for a few seconds as he falls to the ground, pain shooting up his spine as he closes his eyes and groans.

"I am so sorry, sir, it is my fault. Are you alright?" Strong hands wrap around Kibum's as he is helped to stand, a soft low voice reaching his ears. He rubs at the pain in his back, though it is minor, and opens his eyes. 

The boy he collided with was handsome. Dark droopy eyes filled with worry and slightly tanned olive skin that glistens with sweat, full pink lips that are saying something Kibum can't hear, and the familiar outfit of one of the King's soldiers. 

"I am sorry, what did you say?" Kibum asks once he sees the boy look at him and waiting for an answer. The latter gives him a small smile, rubbing his neck in nervousness.

"I asked if you were alright? I am sorry for running into you." The boy says awkwardly.

"It is alright, I did not see where I was going." Kibum says with a smile as well. The boy looks relieved that Kibum isn't angry, before his eyes fill with worry again. 

"My apologies for being forward, but were you crying?" The boy asks, looking at the tears on kibum's cheeks. 

"Ah." Kibum mumbles as he runs his sleeve under his eyes. "It was nothing. I am fine." Kibum says with a weak chuckle. 

"Alright, well...My apologies again. I will be on my way." The boy says and bows before making his way down the hallway. Kibum suddenly remembers the reason he rushed to the castle and spoke with Jinki, and he turns quickly. 

"Wait!" He shouts, and the soldier stops and looks over his shoulder. "Do you know of someone named Kim Jongin?" Kibum asks as he steps a little forward. The boy's eyebrows raise as he turns fully. 

"Why do you ask?" The boy asks suspicious. 

"I need to ask him something." Kibum says, stepping closer, it seems the soldier knows him. 

"Ask away, I am Jongin." The boy answers, and Kibum's eyes widen. Now that he looks over the boy again, he can clearly see why the young tailor is attracted to him. 

"I..." Suddenly Kibum is struck with the thought that he is not really sure what to say. What if he ruins it for Kyungsoo? "Do you know Kyungsoo?" He asks nervously, hoping the boy will remember the tailor. 

Jongin's eyes widen as a smile breaks out on his face, he steps closer quickly until he's infront of Kibum, almost bouncing on his heels. "You know Soo?" The soldier asks, grinning like an excited puppy, reminding Kibum of the Prince. He chuckles.

"Yes, I met him today." Kibum says. 

"How is he?" Jongin asks. 

"He is fine, maybe a little overworked. It seems his grandfather is getting too weak to deal with the shop." Kibum explains, and Jongin nods.

"Kyungsoo takes care of him, but he should really ask him to hire someone else as well." Jongin says. A sudden thought flashes infront of his eyes, and he frowns. "What were you going to ask me?" 

"Ah...well, I could not help notice the way the tailor spoke of you, and was wondering if you were really as he said." Kibum starts, and Jongin's eyes widen again.

"Soo talked to you about me?" He asks surprised. 

"Yes, he mentioned you could not see eachother often, and that he wanted to get to know you more." Kibum says and smiles. 

"I want that too." Jongin says softly. 

"Maybe you should visit him, he seems lonely at the shop with only his grandfather." Kibum suggests. 

"I-I will, thank you." Jongin says and bows. Kibum watches as he walks the same way he came, towards the entrance, and his smile widens. He does hope Kyungsoo will get the love he deserves, so at least one of them is happy.

"Hey, what are you doing luring in the hallways?" Kibum flinches when Taemin pops up beside him. 

"You are the one lurking around, popping up to scare people to death." Kibum says, turning his head so the elf won't see his red eyes. "How did it go at the tailor's? And did you leave Jonghyun behind?" Kibum asks as he begins walking towards his chamber. 

"It went well, and no I did not, but he wanted to speak with someone so I let him be. Where are you going?" Taemin asks, floating beside him.

"To my chamber, I wish to read. In silence." Kibum says, hoping the elf takes the hint to leave him alone. Now that Jinki has been so kindly to remind him of everything he's tried to forget, he feels if he stares too long at the elf's face he'll cry and beg him for forgiveness. 

"Oh, well I will join you." Taemin says with a grin. Kibum sighs, but doesn't argue, knowing he promised both Jonghyun and Taemin to not push the elf away anymore. He just hopes the elf won't notice if Kibum begins to cry again.

 


 

The next week, Kibum feels restless. He feels worked up. 

It may be because it's been so long since he's used his powers, and the energy is simply running through and begging to be used. Kibum can feel it like a pulse, pounding in his head and chest. He feels on edge, afraid he will snap if someone comes too close. It's been building up, but he can't do it. He knows it will hurt, his scars will burn and the pain is not as much as it used to be now that the scars have healed slightly, but it is a reminder, of everything that has happened. 

He closes the book in his hand, having stared at the same sentence for hours. He throws it on the table, grumbling as he runs his hands over his face. When he lets his hands down, they shake. They've been doing it for a while now, aching to do something, create something, break something, destroy something. Something that will let go of the pressure. 

After pushing himself to a headache, he stands up. A little air might help him, and he walks out to go to the gardens. 

He takes a deep breath when he walks outside, taking in the sunlight and the birds chirping in the nearest trees. He walks silently, his arms behind his back, taking in the colours and the smells of summer. He knows it's beginning to move to autumn, and hopes to remember all the beauty in the garden before it withers under the snow. 

The distinctive sound of metal against metal reaches his ears, and his feet follow the sound before his head can think it through. He turns a corner to find his friends, Taemin, the Prince and Minho. The two latter are sparring, as usual, and Taemin is floating a little away from them, glancing towards the woods. As Kibum approaches, Taemin notices him first, a smile showing on his face. 

"How long have they been going?" Kibum asks softly as he walks to Taemin, who snickers. 

"A while, though I think the Prince is getting tired." Taemin says and smirks. Kibum looks towards the two, seeing the way they're both panting, they're moves getting sloppier and attacks getting weaker. "I bet you could take them both right now." Taemin adds with a laugh.

"I could take them both either way, and you know it." Kibum says with a scoff. 

"Can we go somewhere? Though it is fascinating to watch two handsome men fighting with swords in simple white shirts, it gets tiresome." Taemin says with a sigh. 

Kibum thinks about it. Though he had wanted to be alone in the gardens, he figures a distraction is better. "We could go to the market?" Kibum suggests. 

"Perfect." Taemin says, suddenly falling until his feet hits the ground. It still feels weird to see Taemin walk, having spent so long watching him hover above him. 

"Should we ask them to join? They could use a breather." Kibum says as he points to Jonghyun and Minho. Taemin rolls his eyes, but nods. "Jonghyun?" Kibum calls, and the Prince looks up in surprise, having not noticed Kibum arriving. But it makes him open to attack, and Minho takes it, though it goes a little wrong. Jonghyun is too late to notice the sword coming towards him, not able to dodge it completely as the sword grazes the skin on his cheek. Kibum and Taemin rush forward as Jonghyun glares at Minho, holding his palm over his bleeding cheek.

"My apologies." Minho mumbles quickly as he moves closer. "Are you alright?" He asks worriedly.

"Just a graze, but that was a little too close." Jonghyun says with a chuckle, pulling his hand away. Kibum moves closer, examining it. It isn't too big, but it is close to his eye. 

"It was my fault, I distracted you." Kibum says with a frown. 

"It does not matter, I am fine. What was it?" Jonghyun says with a smile. 

"Taemin and I are going to the market, would you like to join us?" Kibum asks. Jonghyun and Minho looks at eachother before they both nod. 

 


 

The market in the village isn't huge, but there are several stalls set up in the town square where the merchants shout out and lure people in to buy their products and food. Kibum likes it, it's never too crowded, and people are nice as long as you don't step on toes or insult someone. 

In other kingdoms it would be weird for the crown prince to walk around the streets, but ever since Jonghyun was a boy he would visit the village, getting used to the regulars and the merchants and getting to know people. Which is why he smiles so brightly and says hello to everyone. Kibum can see the boy enjoys being out of the castle, being reminded of the conversation they had when Kibum was still new to the kingdom, about how Jonghyun wanted to live a life of freedom, going on adventures, and not being tied down to the rules and pressure of being Prince.

"Herbs, herbs from the most distant of desert and gardens of the world. To cure coughs, pains and all your problems!" Kibum passes the stalls with a smile, staring at all the different things. From food to jewellry to animals to medicine. 

"Jewels for the pretty boy? Such beautiful eyes, shining like diamonds!" Kibum turns to look at the old woman that grins at him. She's short, looking up at him as she holds out a necklace. Kibum looks at it, his eyes widening at the beautiful green jewel. "Green opal, to match your eyes." She says as she pushes her hand out to Kibum. He looks up at her and back at the necklace

"It is beautiful." Kibum mumbles. The round jewel shines with lots of green hues as the sun hits it, framed by silver leaves to shape a heart. "But, I do not have any money." He says with a sigh, stepping back. "I am sorry." He says to the old woman. 

Before she can say anything he moves on, not noticing the person behind him stepping up to her. "What would you like, my boy? Ah, the green opal, yes yes, it is ve....." 

 

Kibum smiles as he finds Taemin being lured by the merchants, seeing the women compliment his beauty until his ears are red. He walks over to save him, stopping when he sees Minho approach and put a protective hand on Taemin's back, pulling him away from the women's grabby hands. "My apologies, ladies, we must be gone." Minho says to them as he pulls Taemin away. Kibum chuckles, seeing the thankful look on Taemin's face, and the blush that rises when Minho leans close to whisper in his ear. 

Kibum sighs, looking away to give them privacy. He walks over to one of the stalls to get himself something to drink. 

"Kibum Oppa!" Kibum's eyebrows raise in confusion as he looks around for the source. It could be someone else, since Kibum is a very normal name, but he has a feeling it's meant for him. "Kibum Oppa!" He looks around more until he spots a small figure running towards him. His eyes widen as he recognizes her when she stops infront of him, a similar figure running behind her before he too stops ifront of him. 

"Nari? Haneul?" He says as he looks around for their parents. "What are you doing here?" He asks.

"We came to the market to buy flour for mom." Nari answers, twirling her skirt in her fingers. Kibum nods, feeling the trembling returning to his hands, a bad feeling growing in his stomach. He didn't erase Haneul's memories after the incident, only hoping he didn't tell his sister. 

The shouts from the two children caught the others attention, and Kibum bites his lip when he sees them walk towards them. "Nari! Haneul!" Taemin says with a smile as he runs up. Haneul grins, moving closer to Taemin and pulling on his shirt. 

"How are you?" Jonghyun asks them as he crouches infront of Nari.

"Fine, your Highness." Nari says shyly. 

"Haneul, how are you?" Jonghyun asks, and Kibum tenses as he waits for the young boy to answer. 

"Cough is gone, momma lets us go to the woods again behind our house." Haneul says. 

"Just do not get lost like last time, alright?" Jonghyun says with a smile. Haneul nods.

"The storm was scary, Nari did not remember at first, and when I told her she cried." Haneul says.

"No I did not!" Nari argues, but Kibum doesn't hear it as it goes cold down his back. Nari remembers. 

It can happen, but it doesn't often. When you erase someone's memories, they can remember if someone begins talking about it, pieces starts to slip until the spell is broken. He can see the others looking at him, having noticed his tense expression. "You remember, Nari?" Jonghyun asks with a frown. 

"Yes, or I remember some things. Haneul fell in the lake, and Oppa came to rescue us, but the lightning hit h-"

"No!" Kibum interupts her, crouching down beside Jonghyun and grabbing her arm. "Nari, you should not talk about that night." Kibum says, trying and failing to stop his hands from shaking. "It was a bad night, and I made it so you would not remember. I am afraid I have to do it again." Kibum says, but his voice cracks from the nerves. He hasn't used his powers in so long, and is afraid of what might happen.

"No, not again!" Haneul says as he moves beside his sister. 

"Haneul..." Kibum says with a sigh. 

"Kibum, they seem fine with it. Why is it so bad?" Taemin asks. 

"Because..." Kibum can feel himself crumbling. He didn't want this to happen. 

"You do not want to remember, right oppa?" Kibum looks back at Nari. "The lightning?" She whispers, and Kibum can't help but flinch. He gives her a small smile, though he can feel his eyes stinging. 

"No." Kibum whispers back weakly, tears filling in his eyes. 

"Can you not take them away, like you did to me?" Nari asks and tilts her head, stepping closer. 

"No, I can not." Kibum bites down on his sobs. The other three are frozen in confusion. Haneul steps closer to Kibum as well, and Jonghyun stands up to give them space as they wrap their arms around Kibum. 

"Thank you for saving us." Nari whispers, and Kibum smiles gently. 

"Thank you for saving my life." Haneul whispers, and Kibum leans back to look at him. "I woke up....when I fell....and saw you cover me from the lightning. I am sorry, Hyung." Haneul whimpers, and Kibum pulls him back to hug him. 

"Do not be sorry, it was not your fault." Kibum says. He leans them both back and helps dry their tears. "You should go home." He says with a small smile. 

"Okay." They both whisper. "Bye Hyung." Haneul says.

"Bye Oppa." Nari says, leaning forward to peck his cheek before running to catch up with her brother.

Kibum sighs, hiding his face in his hands. He can feel them staring, hear the cogwheels turning in their heads, the questions dying to be asked. 

"Just..." Kibum stands up, pulling his sleeve harshly under his red eyes. "Not here." He says as he looks at them, before silently walking back to the castle.

 


 

 

Kibum's gonna tell them!!!! Holy !!!

 

Wow this was a long chapter, but so much was going on and I didn't want to finish it yet!! I really hope you liked it. Did you like the little Kaisoo I put in there? It won't be the last pair you'll see. I think I'm gonna make Kibum a little cupid, hahahah. 

 

Please leave a comment below to let me know what you think!

 

*GASP* First chapter without any spells? I'm shocked!

 

Thanks bye

chu~~