xxxiii. The Family of Five (3)

OHANA!

 

A sleepy Jongin, a grumpy Sehun and a pouting Sophie, the three of them were sitting on the sofa with their parents in front of them.

Yifan and Junhee were grinning as if there's no tomorrow.

"Ma, I'm still sleepy" the youngest whined.

"What are you two planning, seriously?" Jongin asked.
He and Kyungsoo left their house at an early hour that morning. His pregnant wife ask him to drop her at the Park's Residence.
It's very unusual for his clingy wife (since she's pregnant) to let him go without her on his side.

"Is that our luggage?" Sehun's eyes widens when he noticed 5 big luggage on the corner of their living room

"We're going to Hongkong" Junhee grinned.

Their children look at them with the expression as if saying "Are You kidding us?"

"Well, I ask Kyungie if it's ok and she said Yes. Even Hannie said yes too." Junhee smiled as she looked at her two boys.
"This is a sort of bonding time before Hunnie gets married this spring and before the opening of Nini's restaurant. Well if you don't want to it's ok. Your Baba is a great travel buddy anyway"
Though smiling they could hear the sadness on their mother's voice and they hate seeing her sad.

In  addition to that they are scared with that deathly look on their father's eyes.

"I'm coming with you" Sophie jump on her seat and dashed towards her mother to hug her.

"We're just kidding Ma, ofcourse we are coming." Sehun said and hug his eomma aswell.

"Count Me in" Jongin joined the group hug.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



"When  was the last time we traveled like this together?" Jongin asked.

They were on their shared Hotel room and waiting for their parents to finish unpacking.

"Before you left to LA. When we went to Thailand." Sophie answered while munching some chips.

"Why do you think they decided to have a sudden family trip?" Sehun asked. He's holding his cellphone and frowning at Luhan's message.
"Hannie is even asking me not to text her for the next three days."

"Really? Kyungsoo texted me the same message aswell" Jongin said.

"Well duh, my two oppas. They miss us, especially Ma. You know eversince you two started to become an adult, which actually , we never had the chance to travel like this. To bond just like when we were still kids."

Sehun and Jongin look at each other. Their sister was right.


They felt sorry.

 


"You two felt guilty now?" Sophie raised an eyebrow.

"Yaaaah Wu Qian, we're still your older brothers. Wipe that smug on your face" Sehun frowned

"How will we make them happy and enjoy this trip?" Jongin asked out of nowhere to his two arguing siblings.

"Hey Shixun-Ge, you're smart, any plans?" Sophia asked.

"You're the genius one here ZhongRen." Sehun points at his older twin.

"And Why are we using our chinese names now?" Jongin chuckled.

"Coz we're in Hongkong? Ohh just like what we always do when we have our vacation in Canada or in the States, we used our english names." Sophia grinned.

"But you always used your english name even if you're just in Korea. Why not use your real name instead, Wu Sohee?" Sehun grinned.

"Eyy you two stop teasing each other now. Any plans now, to make them happy?" Jongin asked again

"We need to be kids again" Sehun said. He smiled as he remembered their travels during his childhood.

"Shixun-Ge is right, mama just wanted to reminisced those times." Sophie agreed.

"Then let's be kids again." Jongin grinned.
"All right, HunHun and Phie?"

"Nee! NINI" Sehun and Sophie both said.
 

 

 

 

 



"What are you grinning at?" Yifan asked his wife.

"Look at them sharing one bubbletea. Just like when they were still kids and they aren't allowed withtoo much sweet drinks." Junhee said.

"Are you happy now?" Yifan chuckled.

"I'm always happy." the wife said.

"But you're much happier now because you're with them."

"It's just that I'm missing those times when they were still kids and we travel together. I'm happy that Kyungie and Hannie had let me have the time to be with them." Junhee smiled.

"You're their mother Junhee ofcourse you have the right." Yifan frowned.

"Your mama talks like this too before but you're still stubborn sometimes" Junhee said. "Like father likes sons indeed"

 


They were walking around at one of the streets  in Tsim Sha Tsui, one of the main shopping areas in Hong Kong.

The Wu kids were asked to freely choose what they want, but being raised as the humble kids they are they choose to buy one large Bubble Tea and shared it with each other.

The youngest was squished between her two older brothers.

"Yaah! I'm not a kid anymore stop being so over protective" Sophie whined.

"Sohee-ah, is Daeulie courting you?" Jongin grinned.

"Ofcourse not. We're just friends and why do you keep on bothering that guy? He's busy!" Sophie said.

"Eyy! You cared for him huh?" Sehun teased.

"Shut up! He might have a girlfriend." She frowned.

"I doubt" Jongin said and handed the half emptied Bubble tea to Sehun

"I doubt too" Sehun nodded as he sip on the drink.

"Whatever!" She pushed them away from her.
"Ma, they keep on pestering me."

"They love you that much princess." Junhee chuckled.
As the pouting daughter stood beside her mother.

"No they don't." She said but as a joked.
She knows how the twins love her so much.

"Do you want to eat now?" Yifan asked.

"Dimsum" the Wu kids yelled.


 


It's their second Day in HongKong.

And  Junhee was shocked that their children asked them to go to Disneyland.

"You want this trip to be just like before. Now you're shocked that they wanted to go to Disneyland?" Yifan laughed.

"Ofcourse I am, Jongin will be a father soon and Sehun will be getting married. Sophie's the only one who's still on the age to wish for Disneyland."

"I want to go to Disneyland too" Yifan said.
"Babe, Disneyland is not just for kids, it's for everyone."



And they indeed enjoyed the Theme park.
It so nice to be a kid for a while.


They were having some snacks at one of the cafe inside Disneyland.

People smiles as they looked at the Wu Family.
(Well, Aside from having a good genes, though they were just wearing a simple outfits they seem to be a family who came out of a society magazine for rich people)


"I remembered how you three love playing as warriors and dragon." Junhee said at the three men.

"Let me guess, Baba is the dragon" Sophie giggle.

"He is and he loves acting as a dragon" Junhee chuckled.

"What? I am the best dragon! Right boys?" He looked at the twins.

The two thumbs up as an answer.

"And did you know that your brothers thought  they were werewolf and vampire? And they once believed that your Baba is an alien and is planning to take me away to the galaxy."
Junhee laughed as she reminisced those times.

"Mom! We were just kids back then" Sehun frowned.

"Was I a baby when that happened?" Sophie pouted she wish she had remembered those moment.

"Yes you were. But you love following whatever your brothers  were doing. Even playing with the flour when we once had our vacation at the province." Yifan said.

"And your Sehun oppa would always tell you whatever story he had learn at school though you don't understand a single thing" Junhee smiled at Sehun.

"Really?" Sophie grinned at Sehun while the latter frowned.
"How about Nini oppa?"

"He loves tv and pororo more." Yifan laughed.

"And Kyungsoo noona." Sehun added.

"I knew it! You love Kyungsoo noona eversince." Sophie clapped.

"Don't forget the chicken" Jongin said.

"And he is obsessed with chicken, until now" the mother smiled.

 

 

 

 


"Tomorrow's our last day? What do you want to do?" Yifan asked.

"Nothing. As long as i'm with you and the kids, it's enough." Junhee smiled as she looks up at Yifan.
"And i've got so many pictures to be added in our family photobook."
 

 



Jongin and Sehun heard their parents talking.

Their mother will always be emotional when it comes to them.
But she will always be the strongest woman they had ever known.

"Did you talked to Baba about our plan tomorrow?" Jongin asked.

"Yes. The van is ready and will be living early."  Sehun answered.
"Did you talk to Kyungsoo noona already?"

"She even suggested that we can make this a one week trip. She wanted to make Eomma happy too"
Jongin smiled.

"Do you think she will like it?" 

"Ma? Ofcourse she will. Baba's our only problem but he agreed anyway." Jongin chuckled.
"You know how he hates cold weather."

"Oh he'll do anything for his beloved Choi Junhee." Sehun laughed aswell.
"He's ready to suffer"

"We're both like that. We obviously inherit that from him" Jongin said.





"Where are we going?" Junhee asked.
She was awaken by her husband at an early hour and was dragged inside the van.

Her twins were already inside the said vehicle while Sophie had the same confused look in her face aswell.

"Somewhere that you will surely like" Sehun and Jongin both said.

"What? Yifan did you know about this? Aren't we leaving tonight?" Junhee look at Yifan.

"We're extending our trip. We'll be leaving the day after tomorrow." Yifan grinned.

 

 



It's hard to believed that they were still in Hong Kong the moment they step on the pristine sands of that beautiful island.


"Did you three planned this?" Junhee look at the three men.

"We planned the trip, Baba did the finance" Sehun grinned.

"Ma, Oh my gosh, this island is so lovely" Sophie shouted as she watched the big waves.

"Be careful princess!" Her mother said.

"As much as I want to buy this for you princess, i can't." Yifan chuckled
"The government wants to preserve this island and let's keep it that way, let's not take this from the nature."

"I don't want you to buy this Baba." Sophie giggled.
"But can we have a small house here?"

"That glass house is owned by a marine biologist. He's a friend and he's planning to sell that. Do you want it babe?" Yifan asked Junhee.

Junhee looked at the two- storey glass house and smiled.

"Sophie likes it here. and I like it too." She said.

"I'll make a call then" Yifan grinned.
"I'm gonna go inside now. I'm freezing"

"He never change! He's still not close with the winter sea" Junhee laughed.
"And thank you so much you sneaky twins." She both hugged her two sons.

"Anything for you Ma." Sehun said.

"Sehun's right" Jongin leaned down to kissed his mother's forehead.
"You know we love you right?"

Junhee nodded.






"It's cold" Yifan said as he lie down beside his wife.

The four had a great time playing on the shore while Yifan stayed indoor.

They're spending the night at the island.

"You just hate cold weather." Junhee said.

"Hey, I love snow. Not the winter sea though. Can i have a hug?" He asked.

"No!" She chuckled.

"What? Why?" Yifan frowned.

"Because..."


A knock was then heard on the door of their bedroom.

"Don't tell me..." yifan's eyes widen.

The twins and Sophie then barged in.


"This is a pull out bed, fan. You'll be sleeping with the twins." Junhee smiled as she pushed Yifan out of the upper bed.

"No!" The husband frowned.

"Good night baba" sophie said and lie down beside her mother.

"Don't worry baba, we won't kick you out of the bed anymore" Jongin said.

But Yifan is still not happy. How he hates not sleeping beside his lovely wife.

"Ba, stop being so obsessed with Ma for awhile. He's all yours again  after this trip." Sehun said.

"Aren't you the same?" Yifan glared at Sehun.

"Same face shares the same characteristic" Jongin laughed.
"Glad I have eomma's features."

"You're same with them Jongin-ah" his mother said.

"I'm the only one who's the same with Mama" sophie giggled and tightly hugged her mother.

"Ofcourse, we share the same birthday" Junhee agreed.

"Sleep now people! I love you all" sehun said with his eyes closed.

"Good Night Shixun" Yifan patted his son's back.
"Good night Zhong Ren and to you too Qian,princess. And to you my lovely Junhee i love you." yifan smiled.


How happy he is.


"Love you too everyone" Jongin mumbled.

"Love you ma" Sophie whispered at her mother.

Junhee then kissed her daughter's head.


Though it's hard,  the fact that someday your children will grow up, that someday they will decide on their own.

Junhee had ready herself for all of these. And a mother is always a mother, she will be worried for their safety, for their health, she will miss them being kids again.

But that family vacation has brought so much happiness for her.

That though she needs to let them go and let them grow up, they will always be her kids and she will always be their mother.


"Yifan!" She called though she's not sure if He's still awake.

"Thank you for giving me my kids. You're right. I will always be their mother." She smiled.
 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Thank you so much 😚 I made it this far due to your support and love for this story!!!

***90° bow****

Xoxo