Chapter 12

Forbidden Love [REWRITING HAS BEGUN]

 

“It’s the plane from Japan! It’s crashed!”

It all happened in an instant. The plane crashing. The flames blazing. The echo of screams in the lobby. The shrill sirens puncturing my eardrum when police and ambulances began arriving to the scene. I couldn’t just sit there any more. I flew up to my feet with a rush of adrenaline. I dashed towards the exit urgently, my father and Seunghyun the only two things present in my mind. Jinwoon, however, was just as fast. He grabbed me and pulled me back inside despite my protests.

“What are you doing?!” I screeched, trying with all my strength to yank off his arms.

“There’s still a fire out there!” He reminded me, tightening his grip. “Would Jiyong ajusshi and Seunghyun sshi want you any where near that?!” He demanded

“I don’t care!” I cried, tears forming in my eyes. “They’re in there! Let me go, Jinwoon!”

But Jinwoon refused to oblige.

From our spot, I could view the ambulances filling with people. Not many were living. As the dead bodies began to multiply, I saw the first living man removed from the plane. I couldn’t make out his face very well, only his actions. He was being carried into an ambulance, barely able to walk. From afar, I could hear him gasping and choking. His blood streaked white blonde hair was the most damning thing. Then he let out a blood curling shriek, his words clearer than crystal to me:

“S-Seunghyun’s still in t-there! D-don’t stop! G-go back, you b-bastards!”

“We’ll do everything we can, sir, please calm down.”

“I-I said to g-go!”

That’s when it snapped inside of me.

“Jiyong ajusshi…” Jinwoon was distracted and I tossed his arms off, dashing away. I ran towards the wreckage. I could hear Jinwoon screaming after me and the paramedics weren’t far behind me. Unfortunately, I was my father’s daughter and I wasn’t afraid of anything. I ran into the flames, losing the paramedics. The officers were far off and didn’t dare to come this way. I think I even heard my father calling my name from far away. But he was safe. Seunghyun wasn’t.

I coughed, glancing around the wreck. My eyes were fogged by smoke that was slowly taking over my lungs. I couldn’t care about that though. I moved luggage and squeaked when my hand touched a piece of burning metal. That would leave a mark. I pushed aside more large scraps of what had been the plane. He had to be here some where.. This was where they had brought Dad from..

“You…idiot…”

I whirled around at that voice. My heart took a deep sigh when I saw a familer form lying deep beneath a huge pile of wreckage. The flames were approaching and multiplying by the second, but I couldn’t find the time to worry for that.

I grasped the wreckage, fighting back tears at how hot it was and began tossing it behind me.

“W-what are you t-thinking?!” Seunghyun oppa, in the beaten state he was in, glared up at me. “You could be k-killed!”

“I don’t care!” I exclaimed, yelping as I flung a burning hot piece behind me. “I promised to meet you didn’t I? I’m here now!”

“You’re insane!” Seunghyun looked as if a load had been taken off of him once the final piece was off. It quite had. “Come on, we have to get out of here! That fire’s gonna eat us both up if we stay here!”

We managed to escape at the nick of time. I coughed. The smoke was getting thicker. However I wouldn’t release Seunghyun who was limping awkwardly with me. I lead him back to the ambulance, paramedics, and my now screaming father.

”BOMI!!”

Was the last I heard when I finally collapsed.

------------

“And in other news, did you hear about the plane crash today?”

“Ah, yes, it’s being covered on many channels today.”

“A fire, possibly started by a passenger attempting to commit suicide, caused the plane to crash killing 28 of the 30 aboard. This is thought to be the first act of sabotage on a luxury airliner. The 2 survivors are rumored to belong to a for now unnamed idol group.”

“How tragic.”

“Indeed.”