Chapter 11

Forbidden Love [REWRITING HAS BEGUN]

 

“Her voice sounds funny with those lines.”

I groaned, putting my face in my hands. The thousandth argument of the day between Dara and my mother had begun. Daehyun and I were sitting in the recording studio watching 2NE1 recording their new tracks. Teddy oppa was keeping a close eye on the four especially with the seemingly endless feud between my mother and Dara. Minji unnie was as patient as ever, but Chae Rin unnie was starting to get fed up. I could tell by her face slowly turning redder and redder. She was going to blow and probably soon if someone didn’t set Mom and Dara unnie straight. Either that or she would set them straight herself.

“Did they always argue like this?” Daehyun asked me quietly.

“Nope.” I shook my head, remembering the younger years when Mom and Dara unnie were the best of friends. They had done anything and everything together. It was something in a time like this I really missed.

“They used to be the most mature unnies in the group.” Chae Rin exclaimed. “However, they’re letting personal matters get in the way of our comeback. Do you both even want to sing anymore or just duke it out over Jiyong?”

“Of course we want to sing!” Dara protested

“It’s our life!” My mother cried

“Then I suggest you work this out or get out.” Chae Rin pointed at the door and soon stomped out of it, more than likely going to get a drink.

When she returned, every one was getting a long so well it was kind of scary.

I glanced at my watch. It was almost time to meet Seunghyun oppa at the airport!

“I’ll be going!”

“Bye~~”

 

“Noona, why did you drag me here?” Jinwoon whined, his arm resting around my shoulder while the two of us walked into the airport.

“Because I don’t want to be waiting alone. Duh.” I rolled my eyes as if it were the most obvious answer in the world.

“Why not bring your cute little brother then? I’m sure he has nothing else to do.” Jinwoon pointed out.

“You think my brother’s cute? Ewwww, Jinwoon! You have a boyfriend!” I pointed out.

“You can’t deny how cute that kid is.” Jinwoon grinned. “It’s like he doesn’t understand half the stuff that goes on.”

“He grew up on an island.” I responded, sticking my tongue out.

We sat bickering for a while before a relaxing silence came over us. It was comforting.

 

Two hours went by and the plane hadn’t arrived. What was going on? I checked my phone repeatedly for Seunghyun oppa’s text or calls or any sign that he was alright. Nothing. I scowled. Maybe the plane had been delayed because of the snow? I called Seunghyun oppa’s number then even my father’s. Both of the men in my life were on that plane. That worried me.

“Maybe they just missed the plane?” Jinwoon went and began asking the receptionists.

He soon came back.

“There was only one plane coming from Japan and it left right on schedule three hours ago. There hasn’t been any word from the pilot or anyone.”

That’s when I knew something had gone wrong.

 

I fell asleep waiting in the same spot with Jinwoon by my side and awoke to a series of loud noises. Jinwoon gripped my around the waist, staring at the landing site through the window. He looked terrified through my half opened eyes. They slowly began to follow where Jinwoon was staring when I gasped. My eyes flew open when a saw a large luxury plane skidding to a halt and flipping over near the landing site. It bursted into flames as screams rung out the airport. 

My heart instantly dropped.

“Somebody help!”

“It’s the plane from Japan! It’s crashed!”