Break Up

A Collection Of Sorts

Inspired by the fact that Jiyong liked all those sappy, love pictures some time ago.

Such as:

“Baby it was real and we were the best”

 

 

 

 

Jiyong liked the picture shortly before midnight.

Not even twenty minutes later, Seunghyun is standing in front of his apartment, ringing the doorbell like no tomorrow.

There was always something about the rapper that Jiyong couldn’t stand.

Maybe it was the fact that Seunghyun rarely talked to him nowadays, but whenever Jiyong felt troubled, he managed to read him like a book.

When Seunghyun visited him, the same tender look on his face like now, Jiyong wanted to hit him.

And as usual something keeps him from reaching out and planting a burning red handprint onto his friends cheek.

A bottle of wine in one and his phone in the other hand.

The first thing Seunghyun does is plucking the device out of his grasp.

“You need to stop liking all those sappy love confessing pictures.”

He frowns down at his heart broken leader and pads into the living room, closely followed by Jiyong.

“How do you even-“

“Youngbae, he called me.”

 

 

Seunghyun unceremoniously drops onto the leather couch, spreading his legs and cocking his head.

“Why are you like this?”

Jiyong wipes his eyes and goes to stand in front of his friend.

The older rapper scoffs and shakes his head, “Don’t you understand why it’s always me who comes to rescue you whenever you break up with one of your ?”

He turns away and pretends to ignore him, squeezing his eyes shut for good measure.

‘He’s not going to say something, is he?’

It annoys Jiyong. Seunghyun always asks questions to which he knows no answer and it never fails to drive him up the wall.

His hyung leaves him hanging every time, not bothering to answer his own question until Jiyong has had some time to think of a proper answer.

That’s why the younger one takes a deep breath and exhales slowly, “Because you…know me so well?”

Seunghyun makes a beeping sound, similar to those in TV shows when a candidate has given a wrong statement.

“It’s because the others are too chicken to finally break it down for you.”

“What does that even-“

“It means you’re an idiot.”

With that, Seunghyun gathers himself and saunters over to where Jiyong stands, “They know what you desire, leader”, he whispers into his ear before trudging into the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

 

It’s only after a clinking sound resonates through the otherwise silent apartment, that Jiyong awakes from his trance and sets out after his friend.

“You!”

Seunghyun whips around and for one moment, he looks like the innocent, young boy he was once.

‘Before he lost all that weight and realized how y he can be.’

Jiyong shakes his head to clear his mind and points an accusing finger at the rapper.

“Explain yourself, right now!”

Seunghyun snorts and picks up a long piece of mango he has chopped up and walks over to stand in front of his leader.

“How about I’ll show you instead.”

He lifts the fruit to his lips and smears the sweet wetness of it against his lower one until he deems it to be enough. Then, his tongue pokes out and the mess he made off.

Jiyong’s body goes into overdrive.

His mind is thoroughly confused and his mouth can’t decide whether to drool or to dry out.

He wets his own lips as Seunghyun slowly, inch per inch, shoves the mango into his mouth until it’s fully gone.

His Adam’s apple bobs as he swallows and Jiyong unconsciously mimics the action.

 

 

“Get it?”

Jiyong gazes up at Seunghyun’s face, not even bothered by the smirk that is adorning his thing lips, and gives him a blank stare.

“Geez, Jiyong”, he takes one step back and points at him, “Just look at you. You are still completely mesmerized by me eating that fruit just now. Don’t you realize that the others know by now?”

His words take a bit longer than usual until they arrive in Jiyong’s brain but as they do, he jumps back to life.

“Wait, what? You can’t be serious right now.”

He calls his name softly and steps into his personal space. His left hand reaches out to cup his cheek while his right one lands on one shoulder.

“Jiyong…you need to stop being so obvious. You need to stop staring at me and you need to get a grip of yourself again.”

“But-“

“Youngbae was the first one to realize; he eventually told the others and they confronted me about it. And now I’m here to tell you to end it already”, he leans even closer and asks firmly, pronouncing every word, “Do you understand this?”

“Yes, I do. But-“

“No buts anymore, Jiyong. Get it together.”

He leaves the leader behind, shell-shocked and visibly hurt.

Before he can even comprehend what has just happened, Seunghyun is already in the hallway, fumbling with his shoes.

 

 

 

He chases out after him, throws himself against the wooden door and effectively blocks it.

“Jiyong, get out of my way.”

“No.”

“Jiyong, come on, don’t be stup-“

“Don’t treat me like a ing child!”, Seunghyun stumbles backwards, surprised by his ex’s sudden outburst.

“Ji-“

“No! You have to listen to me now. Stop interrupting me from now on or I’ll kick you in the crotch.”

Seunghyun’s position falters and he relaxes his shoulders.

“You have my full and undivided attention, Jiyong.”

“Alright, so…”, he sighs loudly, all the tension leaving his body. Once it’s gone, he feels ten years younger and vulnerable.

 

 

 

He throws his hands over his face and inhales shakily.

Seunghyun knows that he’s crying before he even opens his mouth to plead, “Please listen to me. Don’t throw me away again. Stop leaving me.”

Silent sobs wrack his body and Seunghyun can’t keep himself from touching him anymore.

His arms wrap around a waist that got slimmer since a month and nose finds home in Jiyong’s faded red hair, that always manages to smell faintly like the ocean.

“Seunghyun…”

He almost strangles his ex as he throws his arms around Seunghyun’s neck and presses him closer.

“Jiyong, please calm down. Whatever is upsetting you, forget about it.”

“But I hurt you back then…”

“I did the same thing, and now-“

“I’ve done so much worse!”, Jiyong pushes him off before closing in on himself, “I went out and ed the first guy that smiled at me only because you told me that you were busy filming. I cut you out of my life for nothing!”

He holds his head and tugs at his hair; his breath hitches as he stammers out the next words, “I left you for nothing. Threw the beautiful year we had together away and flushed it down the drain. Threw all of your stuff out and tried to drain myself in alcohol. And what did it bring me? Just-“

“Nothing”, Seunghyun pins his wrists to the door behind him, a gentle smile blooming on his face, “It didn’t bring you anything because I’m convinced that after breaking up with me you soon realized how much you still love me. And how desperately you need me. God, Jiyong, you are to the brim filled with love that even Seungri got it sooner or later.”

Jiyong sniffles and looks up at Seunghyun before asking in a broken voice, “And now?”

“Now, I’m going to run you a bath so you can clean yourself and then we’ll watch ‘Titanic’.”

 

“I love you.”

Even though Seunghyun basically said so himself that Jiyong loves him, the confession still takes him by surprise.

He turns around and embraces his lover, content as soft lips press against his neck in a tender way.

“I love you too.”