Seasons

AT LEAST || MEANIE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Death. All that Mingyu liked and wanted was death. He had always had the thought that death's a beautiful thing. As an example, death of a star, that's a beautiful thing. What happens to a star after the red-giant phase is not certain. A star, regardless of its size, must eventually run out of fuel and collapse and when it dies, a universe of colours will form, creating more life and crossing more boundaries that mankind wouldn't even think was possible. Death of a tree signifying Autumn. A part of Mingyu dies each year when the leaves fall from the trees and the branches are bare against the wind under the cold wintery light. But he knew there would always be the Spring after the arrival of Winter, as he knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rain kept on and kills the beautiful greenery of Summer, it was as though an innocent young man dies on the battlefield, while protecting those who are cruel and heartless, but Mingyu wanted to be that young man. He felt like instead of being the piece of puzzle to complete someone's life, he was that one extra puzzle printed by accident and it would be easier for him to not exist. Ever since the break up of Seventeen, Mingyu became a burden to Pledis. Rapping and having good visuals was apparently not enough for him to support his living in the industry, so he left.

The others lived life with ease.

Seungcheol a successful businessman, Soonyoung with his dance company, Lee Chan is now the head choreographer of Pledis Entertainment, the others continued being famous. Nobody knew what Mingyu did after leaving, he himself didn't know what he was doing.

The wind outside felt like a blade of ice, cutting him in and out, slicing his chest and destroying whats inside of him. He started walking to the cab in the cold night, an unlit cigarette sits between his dry lips. Maybe it wasn't cold, maybe its just what was happening to and around him was cold, the burden he's holding and the feelings he kept inside was what actually made him feel frozen, it made him felt like he was about to collapse and freeze to death. In his hands were a brown colored luggage bag pasted with stickers all around. There was one sticker that a fellow Carat made for him and the boys, a collage of them performing enclosed in a single heart shape. There was a sticker of Spongebob with a speech bubble of him saying 'Saranghae', he thought it was amusing. There were random things like his own name, and the Seventeen logo, and there were about 6 polaroids of him and Jeon Wonwoo making silly faces. Sometimes he would look down at the luggage and smile to himself. He looked like an idiot, but he didn't mind. He was Wonwoo's idiot, after all.

"Flight KA3110 boarding to Osaka, Japan, the flight will be taking of in 30 minutes, please check in toyour flight immediately, thank you and have a safe flight," a woman said behind the speakers. She sounded like she was in her 30s.

He took out his passport from his pocket left pocket.

His passport; filled with stamps from the different countries he went each year, it became an annual thing for him to travel, even in the darkest moments like this one, he would always find time to escape reality. If he wanted to die, he needed it to be somewhere calm, so he would not hesitate and that he would not feel pain on what he's leaving behind.

He wanted to leave Earth in the place he most fond of, Osaka, Japan. Mingyu had thought this through. He wanted to be there during Spring, so he would bloom and feel at peace while the Sakuras grow, he would go through Summer, enjoying the greenery of Earth for the last time, and then when Autumn comes, he would finally go back home to his rightful owner while the leaves fall from the trees naturally, it would be good to die with another living thing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter