Listed Destiny

Sing for You
words: 6,162w

 


“Hi, I’m Kim Minseok.”

Lu Han was frozen. Finally, he was here. He was right in front of him. He acknowledged that he looked really different. Of course, he didn’t even have the same as the one Lu Han had been looking for. But Lu Han was so sure that soul was in him. The gleam of his eyes were more than enough to explain it all. The same gleam as hers, who had been the only reason for Lu Han to step on this completely strange earth.

Instead of being uncomfortable with Lu Han’s intense stare, Minseok widened his beautiful smile. The brunette’s almond shaped eyes looked back at him with curious gaze, as if he tried to guess who was this mysterious guy in front of him.

Lu Han swore to God with the way Minseok gazed at him. And oh my, his smile… The Chinese had to try his best to calm all cells in his body which furiously demanded to pull him into his embrace. Lu Han had to keep his mind in the right state. He couldn’t act weirdly and arouse suspicion.

“Ah, you must be Lu Han who would be a new vocal teacher here, right?”

Yes, because now he was Lu Han, a Chinese twenty something man who just applied to a famous art school in South Korea. And this stunning guy in front of him was Kim Minseok, also known as the best dance teacher here. They were in South Korea. The Chinese kept telling himself not to think about whatever happened thousands years ago in the place literally hundreds miles away.

Lu Han bowed politely. “Please welcome me well.”

“Hey, have we ever met before? You look familiar,” asked the smaller.

Oh.

Wait, will my contract end this fast? “Well..mostChineses have similar faces, you know? So, maybe you ever saw one that look like me?” he tried to excuse.

“Oh, is that so?” the shorter tilted his head cutely.

Perfect, he isn’t suspicious. However, Lu Han wasn’t the one to waste his only chance. Now all I need to do is acting normally, trying to steal his heart, and our story will end with a happily ever af—

“Ah, wait a minute please,” said Minseok as he fished a vibrating phone from his bag. “I think my boyfriend is calling.”

 

∞∞∞

 

“Fantastic. I’m impressed,” said the charismatic figure stopping the man’s song. “You’ll get what you want.”

The man gulped visibly, guessing what would happen the next.

“Now you can go, and I’ll make sure to send Eurydice to walk  right behind you.”

There was a silence. The man was still waiting for the gloomy God to continue his speech. That God was Hades after all, The King of Underworld. Considering that fact, it was quite obvious that giving the man’s wife back would require many conditions.

Seeing the man’s gesture, Hades chuckled. “You’re just not allowed to turn to her during your trip back to your own world. If you disobey me... you’ll see what happen.”

The man frowned, comprehending the God’s words. “That easy?”

A low laugh was heard in that dim room. Once he stopped laughing, Hades looked at the thin man with  his narrowed eyes and mocking smile—the perfect description of a humiliating expression. “I want to know how great your human instinct can complete this ‘easy’task.”

 

∞∞∞

 

Minseok’s sharp movements blended harmonically with Lu Han’s soft yet strong voice. A nice symphony played beautifully, filling one of practice rooms in that art school.

The shorter male closed his eyes, looked so absorbed into his dance. While the Chinese took this moment as his rare opportunity to keep staring at his perfect face. He wasn’t being cliché, but everything from him literally looked too ethereal. His body curves, his pretty eyelashes, his thin lips, and on top of that, his strong aura.

Lu Han thought he could do this forever, singing for Minseok while the brunette dancing wholeheartedly. But unfortunately the song ended too quickly. A little satisfied smile appeared on Minseok’s face as he opened his eyes and threw his gaze at Lu Han. With the doe eyed man’s eyes still on him, they practically stare at each other.

And as always, amazing moment never last long. Only a few seconds after they eyes met innocently, loud applause was heard in the room followed by the appearance of a new guy. “You two are unbelievable!”

Minseok’s face constantly lit up when he recognized the new comer. Immediately he straight up and approached him. “Kyungsoo, since when you’re here?”

The man with heart shaped lips smiled warmly and side hugged Minseok. “Around five minutes ago, I guess? But both of you were too much into your singing and dance to notice me.”

Five minutes meant he had been in the room long enough to witness Lu Han, his quite close friend, staring oddly at Minseok.

At his boyfriend. Lu Han was caught.

The Chinese tried to read Kyungsoo’s face, but the shorter man didn’t look suspicious at all. Maybe he just didn’t care about having a rival. Not when his boyfriend loved him with all his being. “You’re late today, Soo,” he said calmly. “Usually you pick Minseok up half an hour earlier.”

“Yes, there’s one of my students who will participate to a vocal competition next week, so I give him a special training,” Kyungsoo turned to his lover with an apologetic smile. “I’m sorry, Min.”

“It’s fine. Let’s get going now?” he replied with his gummy smile.

“Sure,” he pulled away from the tiny man, allowing him to gather his belongings. After Minseok back with his backpack, his boyfriend flicked his fingers. “Oh, Min, have you told Lu Han about that?”

Lu Han’s eyebrows arched uncharacteristically.

“Oh my God, you’re right! I forgot!” he slapped his tiny palm to his forehead. “Well, umm, Lu Han, I know this is so sudden, but I was wondering if you can be my best man.”

What?

“None of my relatives can take the role. And, for me you’re my closest friend so far. Not that I have that much friends in the first place anyway.”

The Chinese male swore he felt his blood stopped circulating for the briefest second because surely his heart stopped beating abruptly.

It didn’t take too much time to comprehend the request. Best man. Lu Han knew that word. Hell, he wasn’t that dumb until he couldn’t understand when does that word be used. Or to be more specific, in what occasion. But this time Lu Han openly confessed that he was dumb enough to keep hoping he could change the listed destiny. And stubbornly love a guy who would get married soon.

“Han?” the brunette snapped him out from his thought.

The said man showed his surprised face in the most positive way he could muster that time. “Gosh! You..you two always surprise me! I-I mean, yeah, of course I can be your best man, Min. What ahonour! Uh..um, when will the ceremony be held?” he said as lightly as possible.

“It’s next month, and there are many stuffs to be prepared. So, I think telling you now would be the smart choice,” Kyungsoo butted in cheerfully.

Would be the smartest way to break me into pieces, Lu Han mentally corrected.

“Besides,” Minseok added. “Both of me and Kyungsoo are not handsomely tall. You’ll have to struggle to help us finding nice tuxedos that fit our ugly short body. We don’t want to look like pathetic grooms with too loose suits.”

Grooms.

The taller of all laughed unnecessarily loud to that simple joke—hiding a complete mess that was his aching heart. He couldn’t sort what he was feeling at the moment. The one he was so sure was that he shouldn’t show whatever he felt to the lovely couple in front of him. No, Lu Han would do anything to not ruin those blissful faces.

He threw some other jokes about marriage and managed to make all of them burst into silly laughter. After having enough good times, Minseok and Kyungsoo bid their goodbye and said they have to cook dinner together before it was too late. Leaving Lu Han with his indescribable broken heart.

The minutes ticked away and the doe eyed guys was still standing alone in that cold room.

Minseok and Kyungsoo will get married next month.

The newly informed news successfully made him confused to death about what he should do then. Leave alone doing something, Lu Han didn’t even know what to think at the moment.

Absentmindedly he turned to face a huge window at one side of the room, silently watching the beauty of twilight. The sun would set very soon. His doe eyes captured orange shades slowly changed to pretty dark purple, and before knowing it, the sun was disappeared completely.

He didn’t realize he opened his mouth until he heard his own voice began to sing in an autopilot mode. Slowly, Lu Han got absorbed to his singing as pain he tried to bear since then found its way to his deepest heart.

‘Do you regret it?’

Lu Han stopped at once. The bitter smile appeared on his pretty face when he heard that familiar whisper. “No,” he answered half whispering. “No at all.”

‘You’re sad.’

“As if you understand me that well,” he whisper cynically.

‘I don’t know, but the way you sang before kind of reminded me to how your song touched my heart back in The Underworld. You know, when you asked me to bring your wife back to life.’

He was taken aback. Really?

‘You can’t lie to me, Orpheus.’

 

∞∞∞

 

“Eurydice?” the man called for the nth time. He himself was lost count of how many times he already tried to call her.

And again, he was replied by a death silence. He had passed half way to go to home from The Underworld, but he started to doubt everything. He doubt whether Hades was serious with his words or not. Whether the God would really do as he said or it was only his trick to drive the man away.

Hades to bring a dead soul back to life? How often could it happen? Or had it ever happened before? The man wasn’t sure. No matter how wonderful he sang—which was complimented nicely—it still seemed not enough to create a whole new history of The Underworld King. It was quite reasonable for the man to feel doubtful.

“Eurydice?” he called once more.

Still no answer.

He began to consider breaking his promise with Hades and wonder what would happen if he did so. The God said “you’ll see what happen” before. What was the worst possibility of that? Honestly, the man couldn’t think of anything we would get. Instead, the vision of him going back alone without Eurydice popped in his mind.

Without a second thought, the man turned his body around.

And that was when he saw her. The figure he had been missing. The one he had been struggling to find. The one he loved with his whole heart stood only few steps away from him. Her eyes were opened widely in shock and stared at him in an unreadable look. But a second later, that figure of Eurydice suddenly faded away, leaving some glittering dusts behind.

The man knew what did that stare mean straightaway.

Why did you break his rule, Orpheus?

 

∞∞∞

 

Lu Han sat up quickly with sweats all over his body and unsteady breathing.

What was that? He panted harshly. How could I dream about something I want to forget the most in my life?

Every time he remembered that moment, the same guilty feeing would creep to his soul. Haunting him by telling “if only you obey Hades, you wouldn’t end up like this”. The truth was told indeed, if only he could endure his ragging curiosity and doubt a little more that time, his story would have ended happily. He wouldn’t be here at all, being a complete different person in a complete different part of world. And for sure, he wouldn’t end up being a best man for his soulmate wedding.

Eventually, after Lu Han was fully awake from his nightmare, a realization hit him. This couldn’t be a coincidence. Hell, he hadn’t dreamt ever in his slumber before, but out of sudden that one damn dream was shown.

And Lu Han knew very well who was in charge of dreams. In charge of nightmares to be exact.

“Why did you do it?” Lu Han whispered to his empty room, talking to blank space.

‘Just stop it. You can’t bear seeing them getting married.’

“Stop involving my business.”

‘What a big head boy. You think why would you be there in the first place, if not because of me?’

Lu Han shut his mouth tightly. This God was right after all.

‘Just give up, Orpheus. Make him remember and end everything. It is the time to accept that he isn’t the same Eurydice who was destined to you. He was reborn and now walking through his new path.’

“Believe it or not, I had accepted that since the first time we met. So, quit bothering me already, Hades,” Lu Han said in a surprisingly calm tone. “And, oh, please stop calling me Orpheus, because right now I’m Lu Han and I’m walking on my own new path as well.”

Now it was Hades’ turn to say nothing.

 

∞∞∞

 

Days passed and it had been a month after Lu Han got the news about Minseok’s marriage. He would be absolutely lying if he say he didn’t feel anything during this whole month. Because there was no doubt, that specific month was the most painful one he ever experienced in his entire existence. Not only because he always had to see Minseok and Kyungsoo being super lovey dovey in front of him as a soon-to-be-married couple, but because someone else gave him a bigger problem—as if the first reason not enough to make him suffer. After that one night he dreamt about losing Eurydice, Hades The King of Underworld refused to stop sending him nightmares every single night.

The nightmares were so various. From how he lost Eurydice for the first time who died from snake poison, the same event as he disobeyed Hades’ command, to a reflection of a church full of beautiful flowers with a guy standing in front of an altar and bright smile on his face. But Lu Han wasn’t the one who stands next to him.

Honestly Lu Han was afraid to close his eyes tonight. Especially, tomorrow was D-day.

The Chinese actually planned to spend his night staying up somewhere. He could drink all night long in a random bar in the city, but a sudden text from Minseok made him change his mind. The shorter male asked him to meet up at their favorite café for an unknown reason.

Lu Han reached the place in rush and spotted Minseok on a corner table easily. “Have you been waiting for long?”

“No.”

He frowned his eyebrows at the lack of response. The bright and cheerful Minseok didn’t usually look gloomy and  a bit restless like this. Something bad must happened. “What’s up? You should be preparing your wedding now. But, yeah, you don’t have to think about your tux because obviously you chose the right best man,” the taller tried to joke.

Failed.Minseok didn’t even show a smallest sign of smile. “There’s something I want to talk to you.”

The frown in Lu Han’s face got deeper. This couldn’t lead to any good thing. “Sure. What’s that?”

The chubby guy looked hesitated. “Recently, I always get weird dreams.”

Oh.

“I know this sounds crazy and all. I called you to discuss about a ing dream. But, seriously, it begins to bother me so much,” he continued.

No, it couldn’t be…

“All my dreams were always the same. I was in the middle of a wide meadow, sitting at the river bank. But I wasn’t alone. I was with a strange guy and he always sings the same song to me. His voice was so beautiful and surreal, I was so enchanted.”

This is not good.

“I could see that the guy doesn’t look like you, Lu Han. But..,” Minseok paused for a moment, considering which word to use. “I feel he is you. I-I don’t know… I just feel it. His voice told me so, I guess.”

It wasn’t hard for Lu Han to get where all of these were leading, and he didn’t like it a bit. He just couldn’t believe Hades would do this far. Dreams, who else was able to manage it beside that gloomy and miserable God? He unconsciously clenched his hands into fists.

He was so mad, afraid, and anxious. All emotions were mixed up completely.

“This is strange, I know. Besides, even if I feel that the mysterious guy in my dream is you, so what? But I don’t know, Han. I always feel uneasy every time I woke up after having that dream—which is literally every morning. And that strange feeling makes me want to see you in person, then.. Lu Han?” the shorter seemed confused with the extreme changes of Lu Han’s face.

“I’m sorry, I have to go,” he muttered and abruptly stood up, leaving the dumbfoundedMinseok with his unanswered questions.

“Hey… wait! Lu Han!”

Lu Han walked hurriedly. He had no intention to look back at the brunette. He didn’t mean to be rude, but he definitely would explode from too much emotions very soon. And the last thing he wanted was getting exploded right in front of the shorter male and frightening him.

In an incredible speed, he got into his car and drove straightaway. No matter how much he wanted to get home and locked himself in his room, he was obviously in no state to drive. He was indescribably furious. Leave alone driving safely, he couldn’t even think with his right mind. Since he didn’t want to risk bumping into anything or get arrested for his dangerous driving style, he chose to park his car in the first quiet road he found.

The Chinese gripped the steering wheel tightly. Too tight until his knuckles got white—but he couldn’t be care less. ”Speak now,” he gritted his teeth.

No answer. Lu Han was talking to an empty space.

“WHY DID YOU DO IT?!” he couldn’t contain his anger anymore and yelled.

Instead of getting his reply, he heard raindrops fell one by one on his car. The sound filled an unbearable emptiness that began to eat him up.

“Why?” he desperately whispered in the end.

‘Because I had to. We can’t keep our deal any longer.’

“But I didn’t break your rules. Not in the second time.”

‘You can’t keep living like this, Orpheus.’

“I’M NOT ORPHEUS! I’M LU HAN!” he screamed furiously. Lu Han was finally exploded.

The thick silence blanketed him again. The Chinese leaned back to his seat and slowly controlled his panting breath. Once he thought he successfully collected himself, he found both his cheeks were completely wet.

He tried to stop his tears but to no avail. Desperate, he gave up and just sobbed loudly. Pouring all his emotions and pains freely.

‘You’re smart enough to know it, but you’re way too stubborn to acknowledge. So, just listen to me. I’ll be the one to explain it for you.’

Lu Han shut his eyes, waiting for the God to go on with his speech.

‘It was Eurydice’s destiny to be reincarnated as a guy you know by the name Kim Minseok. But, please Orpheus, just accept that your fate is not to be reincarnated as Lu Han. You exist in that lifetime because you forced me. I bet you understand this very well, but you pretend as you don’t care. So, please, stop this Orpheus. Make him remember and end this stupid deal I ever agreed to. After that, you can go back to where you really belong to. This is for your own good.’

“For my own good?” a sarcastic laugh escaped the Chinese lips. “As if you ever care about me. You’re Hades, for God sake! You wanted a drama, and since apparently I came at the very right time, you chose me to be the main cast.”

‘Honestly, it’s right although not entirely true. But answer me, Orpheus, what’s your point of staying there?’

Lu Han was taken aback. That simple question was surprisingly hard, considering he himself never thought about it before. “I…”

‘Are you planning on stealing Minseok from Kyungsoo? Do you really want to be with your Eurydice that much to the point you would do anything to make it happen?’

“No!” he frustratingly ran his hands to his hair and pulled them angrily. “I never have any intention to take him away from his lover. How could I? Minseok really loves Kyungsoo. He looks so happy every time Kyungsoo is around.”

‘So you think Lu Han can’t make him happy?’

The Chinese threw his gaze over his car window, staring at the rain outside. “Not as happy as Kyungsoo can make him.”

Hades didn’t reply, but Lu Han could mentally imagine the God nodding his head and annoyingly saying “that’s it”. He got what Hades meant—he wasn’t that dense after all. He chuckled bitterly.

“But…,” he inhaled sharply. “I just want to see his smile. I want to see him being happy for the rest of his life. That’s all, maybe.”

‘Believe me, you’ll still be able to see him later. Watch him whenever you want. And, no offense, but I’m pretty sure Minseok’s happiness won’t be any less perfect without a Chinese man named Lu Han in his life. Not to mention he probably be happier.’

He used his slender fingers to wipe his unstoppable tears on his pale cheeks harshly. Anger started to arouse again and take over his body for the second time. But this time he tried his best to calm himself. There was no point of getting angry anyway.

‘You know I’m right.’

Right, because Lu Han knew all Hades’ words were right. Unfortunately, he didn’t know what to do after knowing the truth.

 

∞∞∞

 

The mocking glare felt incredibly hot on the man thin body. But he didn’t budge, refusing to get away as the God commanded him. Everyone could call him stubborn, because that was how he really was. Maybe Hades hadn’t known yet what would The Orpheus do for his love of life.

“You broke the only rule I gave to you, now go away from my sight!”

“No without Eurydice.”

The God growled angrily. He still had that expression of superiority on his face, but something from his eyes told Orpheus that The God had lost this argument. “I can’t believe you won for the second time,” Hades huffed tiredly.

Orpheus bit his lip in anticipation. “You will give me my Eurydice?”

“No,” said Hades. “I will give you a chance to meet her.”

The human looked at him confusedly. “Do I need to die and meet her in The Underworld?”

“No, idiot,” he mocked rudely. “Based on the listed destiny, Eurydice will be reincarnated in the place far away, thousands years from your previous life. If you want, I can place you to where she is. But since her soul was reborn in a different body, you have to appear with a complete different form as well. That’s all I can offer you for now.”

This scary God basically offered him a trip to cross time and space. “It.. sounds cool.”

“Too early to feel happy, you pathetic human. You will recognize her as your soulmate—or love of life or anything—because you’ll meet her with all your memories now. But Eurydice has been reincarnated. She won’t remember anything about her past life.”

“But…,” the human thought hard. “I can make her new self love me back, right? Or maybe try to remind her about her past life?”

“Sure, if she hasn’t loved someone else already,” Hades chuckled humorlessly. “And about reminding her… yes you can do that, but you shouldn’t. She is living her new life, she shouldn’t remember anything about another lifetime. It will technically change her new destiny, which I have no right to do. So, please, I want you to make sure it won’t happen. Otherwise, I have to get you back, away from her. This time forever and no other chance, I swear.”

Orpheus considered all positive and negative possibilities from Hades’ offer. This was simply hard to believe. “Why are you doing this? I mean, as far as I know you aren’t the type who particularly like to give a second chance.”

Hades smiled to the question. “I don’t know. Life is quite boring lately. If someone appreared out of nowhere and attempted to present me an interesting drama about true love, I’m surely not the one to turn it down. This will be very enthralling,” he said with a deep loud laugh. “So, how is it?”

Damn, he just want me to be his puppet for a ing drama.

But Orpheus was all but determined. He would do literally anything to meet his soulmate once again. If Hades wanted a drama, he would show him the great one.

As the man opened his mouth to accept the hanging offer, Hades spoke up first. “Ah, wait, I forgot to tell you something,” he raised his big hand. “I should’ve told you this earlier, I guess. Eurydice wasn’t reincarnated as a woman anymore. She—he is a guy now.”

What?

Orpheus couldn’t be more bewildered. “I… I don’t understand.”

“You can’t choose what you want to be if you’re going to be reborn. Actually you should be thankful Eurydice is still a human in her next life. She could’ve been reincarnated as a bird or a tiny mouse,” The God glanced at him mockingly. “I thought for a human who writes countless cheesy love songs, love has no boundary. Am I wrong?”

Now Orpheus was getting irritated.

“I thought you’d be fine with whatever state Eurydice will be,” he went on and lifted his eyebrows.

The small human glared at him bravely, his eyes showed determination. “I will,” he replied firmly. “And I’ll take this offer.”

 

∞∞∞

 

The ball room of one famous hotel in South Korea seemed quite crowded. The ceremony wouldn’t begin within an hour, but the guest started to fill the flowers decorated room.

Lu Han wandered around, asking a couple of wedding organizers about the preparation. He was still a best man for Minseok, no matter what happened last night. He still had obligations to make sure everything was in order.

But there was one thing he couldn’t do to be a good best man. He couldn’t face Minseok, the groom, just yet. He knew he would eventually meet him—however he had to stand behind him in front of an altar later—but he just wasn’t ready. If he remembered about an event at the café, he actually was proud of himself for being there and not running away. Lu Han was scared, for sure, but he didn’t want to ruin the ceremony by not showing up. He had no choice, he was a best man. Minseok’s best man.

Life should go on.

A soft pat on his shoulder made him jump a little. The Chinese turned around to find another wedding organizer behind him.

“You’re Lu Han, right? The best man?” asked the slim lady in a nice dress. “Can you help us finding the bouquet of flower? None of us could find it. I think it must be somewhere in the back room.”

Lu Han nodded. “Sure. I’ll get it in a bit.”

He walked along a quiet hall way and chose a random door to check. He thought it was an empty room, but once he opened the large wooden door, he knew he was wrong. His eyes easily caught the tiny figure sitting alone from across the room and he froze constantly. He definitely got the wrong room.

The brunette didn’t even need to turn around to find out who was the uninvited guest he got, because he was sitting in front of an enormous mirror which perfectly reflected Lu Han’s whole body. The man in his expensive white suit stood up quickly. “Lu Han!”

All Lu Han needed to do was turning around and running away from the same door he got into this room. He just had to do exactly same thing as he did last night at the café. But he didn’t. he didn’t want to run away from Minseok again.

So there he was. Standing unanimatedly waiting Minseok to walk to his direction.

The shorter one seemed hesitated once he stood right in front of him. “Um..about what we talked last night—”

Lu Han didn’t think he could do this.

“Stop,” he said rather harshly before turning his body with his back facing the other.

“What? Why? You have to explain me everything! I have the right to know what the hell is going on!” the tiny guy almost shouted in anger.

“Minseok…,” he mumbled desperately.

“I know it isn’t a normal dream. Damn, I wouldn’t have to feel this miserable if it was just a ing silly dream,” he railed. “You know what? I almost ask Kyungsoo to cancel our wedding this morning. Because who the hell can get married with these frustrating feelings?!”

The Chinese stayed still as he clenched his teeth. Minseok was extremely mad if he chose to throw his rarely used words such as curses.

“Lu Han! You obviously know something I don’t know! Explain to me now!”

The situation was unpredictable and way too complicated for the poor Lu Han. From Minseok’s shaking voice he could tell that the other was on the verge of tears. He had no idea what he should do at the moment.

Should I tell him?

“Why? Why aren’t you talking to me? Why did you run away without any word?” Minseok said in a softer tone, and a second later the taller could hear sniffled sobs from his back. “Why do you not even want to look at me?”

There was no sound in the room but Minseok’s quiet sobs and Lu Han’s thumping heart beats. Deep inside Lu Han knew, this was the time.

“Why?! Why, Lu Han?! Turn around and answer me!”

“I don’t want to turn around,” Lu Han whispered almost inaudibly. “Because…”

The Chinese man could tell the other was holding his breath, waiting him to go on with his words.

“Because…,” Lu Han’s whole body trembled because all emotions rushed to him without mercy.

“Because what, Lu Han?” the shorter whispered back.

He inhaled deeply and shut his eyes. “Because I don’t want you lose you once again, Eurydice. Just like it happened in The Underworld.”

None of them say anything after that and both were trapped in a death silence. Lu Han didn’t know if he did it correctly or he just messed up.

Does he remember?

He wanted to open his mouth to say something else, but Minseok’s words cut him off. “You’re chasing after me until here?”

Lu Han was beyond astonished to hear that and his body jerked harshly. Slowly, with his eyes wide opened, he hesitatingly glance over his shoulder to see the brunette behind him.

And there he found him.

A pair of almond shaped eyes staring back at him intensely. What made him paused with a disbelief gasp was not those beautifully sparkling eyes, but how those eyes didn’t look at him as the same person anymore. He didn’t look at him as Lu Han now.

“Eurydice?” he called doubtfully.

At once Minseok pulled him into his warm embrace. “Thank you,” he said with another sobs. “I love you, Orpheus.”

Lu Han was lost. He couldn’t think properly and his brain refused to tell him what to do. Following his instinct, he responded to Minseok’s hug by circling his arms around the smaller body. He inhaled his amazing scent deeply. “I love you too, Eurydice. So much.”

More than word.

Gradually Lu Han felt numb all over his body. At first, he thought it was because too much emotions and feelings that flooded him. But then he realized his deal with Hades had ended.

He looked at his hands on the shorter’s waist which began to shimmer. And little by little, the shine got stronger.

A genuine smile curved beautifully on the Chinese’s pretty face that buried comfortably in the crook of the other’s neck. “Farewell, Kim Minseok. Please be happy.”

And in a blink of eye Lu Han was gone, leaving Minseok hugging an emptiness with a puzzled face.

 

∞∞∞

 

“I do,” the tiny guy said firmly and followed by a round of applause from all guests.

Lu Han smiled, satisfied that everything went fine. He wasn’t there to be Minseok’s best man, but someone had taken that role as if it was really meant to be his since the very first time. All memories about Lu Han were completely erased from everyone’s mind.

“What a great decision,” Hades said and patted Lu Han’s back proudly. “Isn’t it the happiest face of Minseok you ever saw?”

He agreed with The God in a calming silence. “I did an amazing drama, didn’t I?”

“More than I ever expected.”

“Actually I’m curious about something,” the Chinese hummed. “Why am I still Lu Han? I completed my role, shouldn’t you turn me back into an old Greek guy?”

“Are you complaining? Do you want to be Orpheus again?” the God asked half teasing.

Lu Han smirked. “I think..no, no at all. I’m handsome like this. And manly,” he looked up at Hades. “But why am I here, in The Underworld? You reincarnated Eurydice, aren’t you going to reincarnate me as well?”

He shrugged. “I don’t know. It feels a bit lonely here.”

The human shook his head and laughed heartily. “So my destiny is here companying you, huh?” Then, he focused on the reflection of Minseok and Kyungsoo wedding ceremony in front of him again. Now the beautiful man was kissing his new husband’s cheek affectionately.

“Do you regret it?”

“No at all,” he answered without a second thought.

Maybe his story didn’t have a sentence of “happily ever after” in the end. But seeing the blissful expressions on the couple faces, Lu Han couldn’t find any reason to regret.

If the destiny won’t allow all of us to be happy, at least some of us should.

Lu Han never knew giving up for the sake of his love’s happiness would feel this nice and relieving.

Beside, he didn’t think spending his time to be a companion for the lonely King of Underworld sounded that bad.

“Hey, Hades, if I sing for him from where I am now, will Minseok hear me?”

The God smiled knowingly. “Maybe he won’t hear you, but I’m sure he’ll feel it. Your love will definitely reach him.”

And Lu Han prepared his best songs. He was quite sure he had enough songs to sing until the next lifetime, when his destiny finally allow him to be with his Minseok.

 

∞Fin∞

 

 


 

Hello, I’m back with another xiuhanfic! And, yeah maybe you could already tell that this one is completely different from my previous fics—this is not a cute fluffy drabble. But since I wrote this for Minseok’s birthday, I think it would be worth challenging. Actually I found this story in my draft folder, originally written in Bahasa and the pairing was not xiuhan (probably I wrote it before I even knew EXO). Then, I did my effort to translate it, and surely by now you’ve found out that my effort failed miserably HAHAHA. English is not my first language, but I’ll keep improving! ><

Minseok is not the main character here, but how can I let them suffer in his birthday? LOL

Please let me know what you think about this story. Your feedbacks really mean everything to me! Ah, and probably some of you want to be friends with me on Twitter? I’m quite nice tho XD

P.s. if something xiuhan happens tomorrow on Minseok’s birthday, I promise to write another canon drabble, so let’s pray hard together >/\< (read my canon xiuhan drabble here)