It started

Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
P A R T  T W O

2282 words count

 

 

The next day Jinyoung woke up at 5 am. 2 hours earlier from his alarm. He couldn’t sleep properly. He barely know what happened to himself, and around him. He wanted to ask Yugyeom about what happened yesterday, but the boy seemed already forget about it. So Jinyoung remained silent. What was that powder effect?

Fifteen minutes later, he decided to get up. Stretched his back, doing a couple of push up and sit up, then heading to his bathroom.

He saw his reflection on the mirror. His eyes looked so tired and he felt lifeless. And for a moment, he thought that maybe he needed some explanation. From both parties. Whether its the girl—he knew the girl was also a witch–or the boys called Mark, JB and Jackson, as long as he could remember. However, he didn’t know which is the good and the bad one.

And he wasn’t going to found out. He just wanted to keep himself from any trouble. Because, damn, he was still a freshmen after-all! He didn’t deserve this kind of ridiculous situation between the witches.

Jinyoung wanted to get rid of the thoughts. About all those witches, dark magics, powders, formulas. Because its really didn’t make any sense. Are they even exist? Maybe that was just his dream. Maybe those events that happened the day before, was just his dream which was blended with his reality. Who knew?

Therefore, he continued his life as usual. Had a breakfast with his family, chit-chatting about school and life, went to school with his mother. Yet, the burden was still lingering in his heart.

Maybe he needed an advice. A good advice to made him stopped thinking about it.


Jinyoung slammed his locker once he carried out his book. He turned around, and greeted by Mark, JB and Jackson’s presence passing by him.

It was not scripted. And he didn’t want to do that either, in order to hide his secret. But it couldn’t be prevented. He gasped for air. Dropped his book and eyes widened in shock. His brain stopped working when Mark suddenly took a glance at him.

“What happen, dude?” Jackson asked, right hand slung on Mark’s shoulder. Mark shook his head, kept walking while trying hard to not turned back to where Jinyoung was.

Once Mark and his fellas were out of his sight, Jinyoung took a deep breath. He was unaware that he held his breath when the witches’ presence snatched everything. He collected his books that laying on the floor lifelessly.

Jinyoung made his way to the class room, while suddenly his classmate, Shownu, called him and said that Mr. Kim wanted to meet him at the laboratory. By that, Jinyoung turned his path against his class to the laboratory.

He walked in usual pace, realizing that the corridor he passed by was a little bit creepy. There were too many empty classes. And all those laboratories that built in the corner of this damn huge building. Jinyoung muttered under his breath. Something about how compatible all those s on social media about school was. He really did, ed up with school. But in a different states.

Its all weird. And beyond his imagination. How could there were several witches lived normally here? Without any other humans knowing? Well, Jinyoung had his own assumptions that maybe, just maybe, the powder that Jackson used before was to get rid all of their victims’ memory. That’s why they hated that part. Maybe they got caught, a lot. And taking someone’s memory, was definitely rude.

Jinyoung assured himself that if he stayed calm, pretend not knowing anything and be an invisible student among the witches he already knew, he would be safe. At least for now. He didn’t know what will happen next. Despite wished to be alive for the next three years to passed his high school.

And there goes destiny. When reality was no match with expectation. Liked it or no, Jinyoung had to bear with it.

He froze. Felt like a deja vu, when his eyes locked with the same scene as before. The same girl—he remembered that straight black long hair–, with Mark again. This time, there was no powder surrounding the girl. And Mark was accompanied by JB and Jackson. They just talked. The boy knew if he didn’t move, sooner or later he would got caught.

Suddenly, someone grabbed his hand, pulled him and tugged him near the wall, commanded him to stay still. To Jinyoung surprised, its a girl. Who sneak up through their conversation like a spy.

“Who are you?” asked Jinyoung in a low voice. She turned her gaze to Jinyoung.

“I’m Baek Yerin.” She said brightly, with a wide smile.

“What are you doing here? Spying on them?” asked Jinyoung again. Her lips tighten, seemed off with the sudden question.

“Err—no. Actually I’m saving your life, y know?” She said calmly, still having her gaze on them behind a wall.

“Saving my life from...? Them? Why?”

“You know... they are...” Yerin bit her lower lips. Not knowing exactly what to answer the other’s question.

“Witches? You know it, too?” Jinyoung knew it was a little bit too risk. But he could not stop. Especially her gesture. It feels like she knew something. And Jinyoung had had a feeling that he might get an explanation for all of this.

Yerin’s eye grew wider as she unexpectedly pushed Jinyoung further. “That question is supposed to be yours! How did you know?!?” asked Yerin anxiously. As her eyes darted around, made sure no one’s eavesdropping.

“I will tell you the whole story. But I think this is not a safe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter