04 - Thump

Infinitely Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn’t know what exactly had happened. At this moment I've been in the cafeteria, along with a certain junior who sat in front of me. I know she was looking at me for a few times but I pretending bent down my head.

Last I remember, I was practicing alone. Because the class finished before the bell rang, I went straight to the dance club room. I found a little note addressed to me. Of course, it was from Nayeon-unnie. Automatically I spread a smile. Didn’t know since when she put it here, yesterday she didn’t see me after practice as usual. I worry whether she's sick? I pulled out my handphone and still no reply from her, already some messages I sent since yesterday, but she didn’t read them until now. Could Nayeon mad at me? But why?

I just stood there, mixed feelings of sadness and worry. Until someone opened the door, “Ahem excuse me”

 

“Ahem... Mina-unnie? Are you okay?”

I blinked a few times, realized that I had been daydreaming. Chaeyoung sat in front of me, her face showing kind of worry.

“What's the matter? Or should we have lunch somewhere else?”

“A-Aniya... I just was thinking about what I want to eat hehe” A little lie is okay right? I couldn’t have been honest with her that I was thinking about our first meeting. I saw her nodded knowingly.

“What do you want to eat then? Let me order it for you”

“Eh? Uhm, I-I would definitely eat whatever you brought.” What are you saying just now, Mina? Did you just nervous by talking to her??

“Ok. Wait a minute, I'll be right back.”

Then she stood up and walked towards the food counter. Without realizing, I breathed a sigh of relief. How strange, normally I’m very shy when meeting new people even maybe I’ll pull out only one or two words. I never speak much on strangers, moreover following them offhand. But this time I was just dragged by her. Literally dragged.

 

I lifted my head and rested my chin on both hands, looked around the cafeteria which is already crowded by hungry students. Actually I’m rarely to have lunch in the cafeteria because usually I eat with my best-two-friends, but these days they are busy with their own girlfriend. At least that’s what I know.

Suddenly my eyes stopped at one spot. From a distance I saw the figure I know, of course I knew that it was her. She always came to me for a few days lately, encouraging me with her enthusiastic-cheerleader-shout.

Seems like the person in my thought now aware of my existence, I saw her dashed toward me.

 

“MINARIIIII~~~”

 

I'm almost sure the whole cafeteria could hear the screaming, but she didn’t even care and hugged me which greeted with my smile.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you have lunch alone? Let's eat together! Are these seats empty?” She pointed to an empty place around the table, this table indeed enough for 4 people. I opened my mouth wanting to answer that there was already someone owns the place but Nayeon continued her words, “Jungyeonnie! Sit down here, I'll bring the food to us.”

My attention is now turned to a short-haired girl who had been standing behind her, I almost didn’t realize she was there. She just rolled her eyes and reluctantly followed Nayeon’s command, she sat on the diagonal seat from where I sit. I smiled pleasantly at her and she responded with a brief smile. Very different from Nayeon who still smiled brightly at me.

“Do you want to order some food as well, Minari?”

“Ah no thanks, I've ordered through my friend.”

“Alright! Please wait a minute, I’ll be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter