SPRING - CHAPTER 5

Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys, I'm back. Enjoy this next chapter. :)

Bom was helping Ajjuma Kim in doing the laundry. So Hyun was still attending her tutorial lesson so Bom wanted to make herself useful around the house. Ajjuma Kim sent her to bring Hayi's freshly washed clothes to her room.

Bom entered Hayi's room while carrying a laudry basket. The bedroom was designed similarly to SoHyun's but it was a lot less girly. There were no pink frilly duvets and lace curtains. She also had a four poster princess bed which she stripped off of the canopy curtains. There were several posters of local and international bands hanging on her walls and a small shrine was dedicated to Adele who Bom assumed to be Hayi's favorite artist.

Bom smiled at hayi's choice of decor. The girl has always been quiet and it surprised Bom that Hayi was actually a music lover. Bom walked up to Hayi's desk which had several CDs and pairs of earphones scattered about. Then she saw an invitation to a birthday party which will be held the following evening. It caught Bom's attention because its pink and purple paper looked out of place amid Hayi's belongings. 

She remembered Hayi talking about it with Seung Hoon a few days ago and the young girl had mentioned that she would not be attending since she didn't have anything appropriate to wear and she wasn't really interested in those kinds of parties. Seung Hoon was also invited since one of the birthday celebrators was a cousin of a friend, but he said he wouldn't be going.

Bom proceeded to the walk-in closet and was floored by the sheer amount of clothing and shoes stored in it. Everything looked expensive and most of the clothes were designer and brand new. 

What does she mean she has nothing to wear?! She has enough clothes in here to stock all botiques between Myeongdong and Gangnam!  Bom thought in disbelief. Bom decided to surprise Hayi and help her get ready for the party.

When Saturday rolled in, Bom put her plan to action. She had made the necessary arrangements and made the calls to the right experts the night before. She even asked Ajjuma Kim to ask Dong Wook for permission in Hayi's behalf. The older woman said she got Dong Wook to agree when he got home the previous evening.

Bom checked her watch and saw that it was almost 2 in the afternoon and the party will be at 6 in the evening. Bom's friends were coming over any minute and she needed to get Hayi to agree. She had also solicited the help of So Hyun and Ajjuma Kim to help her convince Hayi. She would have called up Sora as well but the older woman was out of town for business.

Bom, Ajjuma Kim and So Hun huddled by Hayi's door and excitedly talked about how they were going to get Hayi to agree.

"Aja aja, hwaiting!" Bom said with a grin before knocking on Hayi's door. 

Hayi opened the door and So hyun immediatetly pushed herself in her older sister's room.

"Unnie! Hayi unnie! Ppalli, get ready! Today you're a princess!" So Hyun said excitedly as she twirled around in her sister's bedroom.

"What?"  A confused Hayi replied.

"You're going to a party tonight and Bom Yumo is your fairy godmother! Ppalli, take a shower!" So Hyun said happily.

"What party?" 

"This party!" Bom replied while flashing the invitation from Hayi's desk.

"Bom yumo, I'm not going," Hayi said with a sigh.

"But why? And don't tell me that you have nothing to wear. I saw your closet yesterday and you have more clothes than an Appujeong department store," Bom teased.

"No, I just don't like those parties. I'm not cut out for fancy gatherings like that. And all the school's pretty girls will be there. I'll just look like a stray cat with them around," Hayi explained lamely.

"Aegi-yah, what are you talking about? You are the daughter of Lee Dong Wook and Kim Sun Ah! You four children probably have the best genes in this side of the globe. You look every bit as beautiful like you mother so don't ever think that you are ugly," ajjuma Kim admonished. The older lady pushed back Hayi's hair to show her beautiful bright eyes. Hayi smiled at Halmoni Kim. 

"But I don't even know how to brush my hair and I don't own a single make-up. I don't even have a gift!" Hayi whined.

"That is why I am here," Bom said kindly. "I have called in experts so you have nothing to worry about."

As if on cue, they heard a knock on Hayi's door and Nana announcing that Bom's friends have arrived.

Ajjuma Kim opened the door and in walked three beautiful women. One had platinum blonde hair and was wearing a really expensive looking fur coat and snakeskin high heeled boots. One had jet black hair and was sporting a tan trench coat and a pair of skintight leather pants. The third had brown hair and was wearing a pair of jeans, a shirt and white sneakers.

"And here they are! Everyone, I would like you to meet Chae Rin, she is a stylist and fashion designer. Next is Minzy, she is an expert in hair and make-up. And this is Dara, she is their driver for today. She is also your Dong Hae samchon's girlfriend," Bom said brightly as sge introduced her best friends.

"So, just let me and Dara imo know what you to gift the birthday girl and boy, and get yourself a shower so we can start making you into Cinderella," Bom said excitedly as she nudged Hayi to her bathroom. 

~~°~~

Dong Wook drove across Seoul in a hurry. He was at the office reviewing several contracts for upcoming projects. It was Saturday but he had gotten used to working even on weekends.

His youngest daughter, So Hyun had just called him up sounding almost panicked and rambling something about her sister, something that nurse Bom did and that he should hurry back home to see. 

Dong Wook couldn't understand what she meant but the insistence in her voice told him that something was up at home. So he demanded for the car keys from his secretary, dismissed the baffled loyal assistant for the day and bolted out of the office building.

He was already coming up with the wildest assumptions about what could have happened to his daughter. And it involves nurse Bom yet again. Did they have a fight? He doubted it.

Hayi was a quiet and reserved child, much like how their mother had been. Even as a baby, Hayi rarely ever fussed about anything. It wasn't in her personality to be confrontational or quarrelsome.

And Bom didn't seem like the type who would pick on a child and she has proven that she could remain composed and civil regardless of how irrate her adversary is.

Then, what the hell happened?

He was still wracking his head for possible scenarios as he drove up the house, not bothering to drive it all the way to the motorpool behind the house. Dong Wook noticed an unfamiliar white Range Rover parked beside his brother's deep blue Maserati. He relaxed ever so slightly knowing that his brother was inside with the children. Certainly, Dong Hae would never let anything bad happen to his nieces and nephews.

Dong Wook practically stormed inside the house and was surprised to find Dong Hae, Ajjuma Kim, So Hyun, the maids and three other unfamiliar ladies standing in the ballroom and gazing up the large spiral staircase. Dong Wook followed their gaze and saw his eldest daughter in a mustard yellow dress and orange heels, a quirky headband with what seemed like toys and beads danggling all over it was the only other accessory she had on. Dong Wook instinctively smiled like a proud father. He had never seen Hayi this made up and this pretty since her mother had the energy to dress her up.

Sora had tried to dress Hayi up. Lord know how much of Dong Wook's wealth had gone to Hayi's wardrobe. Sora brought her eldest niece a lot of beautiful clothes, designer shoes and bags, and expensive jewelry but Hayi never bothered to wear them. She preferred wearing her brother's old shirts and jeans much to Sora's disappointment. 

Seeing Hayi now, all dolled up with her hair tamed under a headband and age-appropriate make-up, made him miss his wife again.

He watched his daughter come down the stairs and join them. She was followed by Nurse Bom who was also be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter