Ice

Minus 347
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was no light. 

Panicking, she reached into her waist pouch and fumbled for her torchlight. She let out a sigh of relief when she felt the cold metal handle. Switching it on, she looked around her surrounding. There was nothing but dead leaves and dirt. It was a pit hole. She had been flung into a pit hole. 

"Park Chanyeol! Channie! Where are you?" She cried out in the silent night. 

There was no reply. What happened to them? She winced as she felt her head throbbing in pain. There was blood on her, this was not a good sign. It was a dark, cold and foggy night. It was the type of night that their parents had warned them to stay away from woods. You won't be be able to see as well as them, they had warned. What could the Park Siblings do though? Their parents was supposed to be back last night, they were never late. The two teenagers would not wait any longer, they threw all the necessary equipment into their jeep and followed the scent that their parents were following, Chanyeol with his trusty flamethrower and Kira with her silver revolvers. While they had neither completed their training nor been on a hunt without adult supervision before, the two of them were determined to see this through. Their parents were right though, the night was too cold and vision was terrible. Chanyeol had panicked when they felt something following them and drove them off the dirt path. The jeep went crashing into the woods, flinging both siblings out. She could still smell the smoke coming from the jeep. Her brother must be near by. He must be safe. He have to be. 

She couldn't see outside the hole, it was too deep for her to jump out. She dug her hands into her pocket and found her phone broken from the fall. It wouldn't be any good anyway. Reception was terrible in the woods. What should she do now? Her tools and ropes were in the car. How could she escape? She continued to shine the light around, trying to see if there was a wall good for climbing.

That was when she saw him. A pale round face with cat like eyes, staring at her from over the edge of the opening. How long was he there? Why didn't she hear him come near?

He blinked at her, before extending his hand. Gripping the side of the opening with his right hand, the boy extended his left hand towards. her His pale thin fingers were just inches above her. She could grabbed it if she jumped high enough. Kira didn't take it. She kept staring at his face. He ought to be around her age, maybe younger. What was he doing in the woods? 

He was still patiently waiting for her. 

She reached out her own hand hesitantly to take his hand. The second her fingers grazed his, she pulled back in shock. 

They were cold. 

His hands were ice cold. 

Instinctively, she pulled out her revolver and aimed it to his face. It couldn't be, she thought, his eyes were not red. He couldn't be a one of them. 

"Are you going to shoot me?" He asked her, amused. 

His voice was softer than she thought it would be. 

"What are you?" She demanded from him. 

"Your way out of this hole." 

She scoffed at him. "Where's my brother? What did you do to him?"

He turned behind him before returning his attention to her. 

"He is out cold, didn't look too injured though. Don't you want to get out and see for yourself?"

He motioned his waiting hand impatiently. 

Against her better judgment, she lowered her revolver and took his hand. He pulled her up easily, with remarkable strength and speed. When he let go of her, she could still feel the lingering coldness on her hand. He indicated behind her. There was their crashed jeep. Lying nearby unconscious, was her brother.  Chanyeol was resting comfortably against a tree. He didn't land like this, from the image of his wounds. Someone had placed him there.

She turned to the boy with ice cold hands again.

"Who are you?" She asked, with a softer tone than before.

"Xiumin." He replied.

"Why did you save us?"

"Was I not supposed to?"

"You are not human."

"I am not those you seek." He paused and looked around the woods. "They will come for you though. You two are bleeding quite a bit."

She looked at her blood stained clothes and her unconscious brother. There was no way she could handle it alone, if they really came for them. 

"Xiumin." 

He turned to her at the sound of his name. 

"You are not going to hurt us, are you?" She questioned him. 

"Please don't associate me with those savage vampires. I do not hunt human." There was a flash of pride in his eyes. 

"But you are... you are... a vampire?"

"Yes." He replied curtly. 

"There are vampires that do not hunt humans?" Her parents had never told her any of these. 

"A small number of us. Who resisted the temptation. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise. It allowed us to manifest our powers better." He looked at his cold fingers, as he replied her. 

She couldn't take her eyes off this ice cold vampire before her. Those she had met during her training, were maniacal and filthy, their eyes burning red with the lust of human bloods. This boy before her, was well dressed in a grey sweater and navy jeans, and speaking so normally to her. So human-like. 

"Can you help us?" She took a gamble. 

He blinked at her curiously. 

"To get you home?" He asked. 

"No, to get me to them. I am seeking those that took my parents." 

He gave her an unreadable expression. 

"We were... we were on our way to the Western Falls. There were signs of vampire attacks in the neighboring village. My parents went to investigate. They haven't return. We have to go get them." She continued bravely, suppressing her internal panic. 

"Why should I help you?" Xiumin tilted his head slightly, still with a curious expression at her.

"You must have family...before... Please. Or someone that you cared about. I cannot lose them. You must understand." She pleaded with him. 

He didn't answer her. Instead, he stared intently into her eyes. 

"Your head is bleeding." Was all he said. 

Xiumin took a step closer to her and reached out to touch her wound. His cold palms pressed against her open bleeding wound, numbing the pain instantly. 

"That should stop the swelling and bleeding for now. I am not good with healing though." 

He squatted down beside Chanyeol and attended to his wounds as well. 

"I thought you would fear me, when I mentioned your blood." He said, with his back to her. 

Kira thought she would too, she didn't know why she trusted his intentions. 

"How do you suppress it? The urge to hunt for human blood?" She asked quietly.

"It gets easier, with age." He replied simply as he gave Chanyeol a once-over, before nodding satisfyingly to himself. He had tried his best to stop the bleeding wound. He then pressed both his cold hands against the boy's ears to wake him up. 

"Channie!" Kira yelled out in delight when she saw her brother opened his eyes in confusion. 

"Kira?" The boy sighed in relief to see his sister well and alive. He threw his long arms around her and they embraced each other gratefully. 

"I was so worried." Kira sobbed as her brother held her. She had kept her emotions in check till now. 

"Okay." A soft voice behind them said.

The siblings turned to face a staring Xiumin.

"Who is that?" Chanyeol asked in surprise, he had not seen the pale boy. 

"I will help you." 

Kira beamed through her tears.

The siblings stared in wonder as Xiumin easily pulled the jeep out from the tree that it had crashed into. Kira clued Chanyeol in as they climbed into the jeep after the boys checked that it was still functioning. He was wary naturally, but he had gained a certain level of respect for the pale boy after he saw how he rescued their car.  

Xiumin took the passenger seat, pointing out the way to Western

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter