Good For You

Good For You

[Tiffany’s POV]

 

It’s been months since I wrote that silly feature article. The silly article that expressed what I truly feel for Kim Taeyeon. It’s been also months since that dork started to court me. Yeah. He is still courting me until now. Don’t get me wrong. I feel the same way as him and I am very sure of it but I don’t want to rush things. And Kim Taeyeon understands that and respected my decision, so he decided to court me first.

 

I still remember that day when he came running to the Journalism office as if his life depended on it. At first, I didn’t know what he was doing there but then realization hit me. The school paper with my article about him was already distributed. I blushed at the thought of him reading that thing.

 

“Fany-ah, is it true?” He anticipated my answer while catching his breath.

 

“What are you talking about?” I answered in a barely audible whisper because I was just so embarrassed at the moment.

 

“The article, Fany-ah. Is it true? Is it true that you like me too?”

 

I just nodded at his question but it seems like he didn’t catch it.

 

“Oh okay. I think I assumed too much so yeah I’m sorry.” He said while scratching his nape awkwardly, and I find this sight really adorable.

 

I looked at him in the eye and then I nodded again, but this time with more confidence. I waited for his reaction but I think Kim Taeyeon will always be Kim Taeyeon. The king of late reactions. My slowpoke best friend.

 

“Yes, Kim Taeyeon. Yes, Taetae.” I said and I saw his sad face turn into a very stupid one. His eyes widened and his signature stupid grin started to form on his handsome face, showing his chin dimple.

 

“Yes? What do you mean by yes, Fany-ah?”

 

“Taetae, the last time I checked you were the top of our class. What happened to my very smart best friend, huh?” I .

 

“Yes? It means that you like me back right? HELL YEAH! TIFFANY HWANG LIKES ME BACK!” He shouted as he started dancing crazily while pumping his fist. I just laughed at his dorky antics.

 

“So, what are we now?” He asked me awkwardly. I just shrugged my shoulders at him. Now, I think about it. What do I want us to be? Sure, I like Kim Taeyeon. Wait, like is an understatement of what I feel towards him. I think I am slowly falling for him. But, I don’t want everything to be rushed. Taeyeon just looked at me expectantly.

“Taetae, I hope you understand. I like you too but can we take it slow? I would love to be your girlfriend but can you wait for me a little more? I know this sounds so selfish but I just need more time.” I asked. I can’t help but to feel very selfish right now. I asked him to wait for me twice.

 

“Fany-ah, it’s okay. I understand. I want you to know that I am willing to wait for you no matter how long it takes. I know I already told you this but I want to remind you that I will never let you slip from my hands.”

 

Maybe that is one of the things that I like the most about Kim Taeyeon. Always understanding. I am sorry for making you wait again, Taeyeon. But I promise you that once I agreed to be your girlfriend, what we have will last for good.

 

Now that I think of it, I think I am ready to engage in a commitment. I am just waiting for Taeyeon to pop the question and I will never hesitate to accept.

 

Kim Taeyeon is just everything I’m asking for. He never fails to make me smile at his cute good morning messages and at his silly pick-up lines. He always picks me up even if I woke up late so that we could go to school together. He always sends me home even if my schedule ends late so that he could make sure that I am safe. He is always there when I need someone to talk to about my day, whether it is a good or a bad one. He is very patient, understanding and caring. He is always taking care of me and he stays by my side even if I ask him to go away and leave me alone. He laughs at my absurd jokes and he always wipes my tears every time I cry. He always calls me when we can’t have lunch together just to make sure that I ate already. His hugs never fail to comfort me and to make me feel secured. No one knows me better than Taetae does.

 

“Tiff! Are you going to watch Taeyeon’s performance later? I heard that he will be performing a song he wrote himself.” My best friend, Jessica, woke me up from my trance by asking that very obvious question.

 

A few weeks after I confessed to Taeyeon, he joined the school’s music club. He is very talented in the field of music but he doesn’t want to showcase his hidden talent. I remember that time I had a very bad day and I was surprised as I heard him singing while driving me home. I already heard him sing but it is very rare. Nevertheless, his voice didn’t fail to make me smile. Since then, he started to write songs and he sings them for me.

 

“Unnie, isn’t the answer very obvious? Of course Tiffany unnie will watch.” Her younger sister Krystal answered for me. I just smiled because Krystal is just as sassy as her sister.

 

[Taeyeon’s POV]

 

Today is the day. It’s been exactly 4 months since I started to court Tiffany officially. Exactly 4 months since I felt genuine bliss. Exactly 4 months since my walls completely crumbled down. Exactly 4 months since a certain girl named Tiffany changed me. I started to smile more. Well, who wouldn’t be happy if the person they like, likes them back. Tiffany Hwang changed me for the better.

 

My passion for music came back. I started to write and compose songs again. But there is only one person I want to hear my music and she is also the reason why I started doing this again. Tiffany Hwang. The girl who can make me write a song with a thousand of lines by just looking at her. The girl who can make me create a sweet melody by hearing her voice and laughter. The girl who stole my heart. I don’t care if I sound too cheesy but it’s true. Every time I am with her, I am urged to write another song.

 

And today is the day. The day when I will convey my feelings for her through a song I wrote. The day when I am going to ask her to be officially mine. I am very nervous but I know that I can do this. I felt my phone vibrating through my pocket and I smiled instantaneously as I saw the caller ID.

 

“Taetae!” The voice from the other line cheerfully greeted me.

“Fany-ah! Are you going tonight?”

“Of course. I am a big fan of Kim Taeyeon and I want to hear his voice so much.”

“Hmmm. Is that Kim Taeyeon handsome?” I teased.

“Nah. That Kim Taeyeon looks really stupid.” Still the same Fany I know.

“Yah!” I pouted as if she can see me.

“I know that you are pouting right now. Stop pouting, big baby! In that way, you’ll look really stupid.” I could hear her giggle.

“Then stop bullying me too.”

“Okay. Okay. So yeah, I’m going to prepare now. And you should practice.”

“Yes, ma’am! See you later! I love you!”

“I love you too. Bye!”

 

I put my phone back in my pocket as Tiffany ended our call. I am really excited for tonight’s event.

 

[Tiffany’s POV]

 

The school ground are filled with fangirls. Mostly, Taeyeon’s. What I like the most about Taeyeon’s fans is that they respect Taeyeon’s decisions. At first I thought that I will be like those characters in Korean dramas who got in a relationship with the school’s popular guy then got bullied by her fangirls. But the response we got was the complete opposite. His fanclub supported us and even created another fanclub for us. They called themselves ‘Locksmiths’. It is because of our couple necklace. Taeyeon gave me a lock necklace and he has the key. I am sitting at the front with Jessica and Krystal, patiently waiting for Taeyeon’s performance.

 

“Tiff, Yuri is Taeyeon’s friend right?” Jessica asked me out of nowhere.

“Yeah. Interested in him?” I smirked.

“No. I was just asking.” Hmmm. Seems like Jessica found her dream guy. I’ll tell Taeyeon about it later.

 

“Are you ready for the most-awaited performance tonight?” Everyone cheered loudly and girls started to shout Taeyeon’s name and of course I am one of them.

 

“Okay. Here it is. Ladies and gentlemen, the one and only, Kim Taeyeon!” Cheers became louder when Taeyeon came out with his guitar.

 

“Uh. Hello. I am Kim Taeyeon. I’ve been singing for a while but I am still not used to this. Anyway, I will perform 2 songs that I wrote myself. And this performance is for my one and only. You know who you are.” Taeyeon said as he looked at my direction.

 

Taeyeon closed his eyes as he started to sing passionately.

 

You're my peace of mind
In this crazy world
You're everything I've tried to find
Your love is a pearl
You're my Mona Lisa
You're my rainbow skies
And my only prayer is that you realize...

 

Taeyeon opened his eyes and looked into my eyes before singing the next line.

 

You'll always be beautiful in my eyes

The world will turn
And the seasons will change
And all the lessons we will learn
Will be beautiful and strange
We'll have our fill of tears
Our share of sighs
My only prayer is that you realize...
You'll always be beautiful in my eyes

You will always be
Beautiful in my eyes
And the passing years will show
That you will always grow
Ever more beautiful in my eyes

And there are lines upon my face
From a lifetime of smiles
When the time comes to embrace
For one long last while
We can laugh about
How time really flies
We won't say good-bye
Cause' true love never dies...
You'll always be beautiful in my eyes

You will always be
Beautiful in my eyes
And the passing years will show
That you will always grow
Ever more beautiful in my eyes

The passing years will show
That you will always grow
Ever more beautiful in my eyes

 

As he ended the song, the crowd cheered for him and he looked at me again smiling. I smiled back at him as tears started to form in my eyes. Why is he such a cheeseball?

 

[Taeyeon’s POV]

 

I ended the first song and I looked at Tiffany. Unknowingly, a smile crept up to my face and she blinded me again with her beautiful eyesmile. So this is it, second song and I’ll finally ask her in front of this crowd.

 

“So yeah. That was the first. I want you to know that you will always be beautiful in my eyes.” I said as my eyes searched for Tiffany. The crowd started to shout ‘TaeNy’, the ship name they created for us.

 

I carefully put down my guitar and I nervously walked towards the piano. This will be the first time I am going to play the piano in front of a huge crowd.

 

“For the second song, I wanted to try something new. I will play the piano instead. Again, this is for you.”

 

Been a long day on your own

Time could never be oh so slow

I've been trying to get back home to you

A stop at every light no oh oh

Nothing ever goes your way all right

But I'll make it up to you

 

For you oh baby you

For you oh baby you yeah

Sending you love through your phone

Pick you up when you're alone

Cause I'm good for you

I'm your sun that'll shine through the rain

And I'll be your coffee that gets you through your day yeah

Let me know if you need me now

And I'll be right there don't you worry no

Baby I'll be good for you

 

Need a little break go ahead

I'll wake you when you're ready baby

Close your eyes and go ahead drift away

For you oh baby you

For you oh baby you yeah

Whatever you need let me know

For you I'm on call twenty four

Yeah I'm good for you

I'm your sun that'll shine through the rain

And I'll be your coffee that gets you through your day yeah

Let me know if you need me now

And I'll be right there don't you worry no

Baby I'll be good for you

 

And I know you've felt so alone before

But I'm here to take you as you are yeah

Darling take my hand

Won't you understand my love

Baby let me in

I'm your sun that'll shine through the rain

And I'll be your coffee that gets you through your day yeah

Let me know if you need me now

And I'll be right there don't you worry no

Baby I'll be good for you

 

I sang the whole song while looking at Tiffany only. I noticed that tears are forming in her eyes so I stood up from my seat and started to speak.

 

“It’s been 4 months since a certain girl changed me for the better,” I started my speech and everyone was already chanting ‘TaeNy’. “Her mere existence never fails to make me happy. Her smile can make all my negative thoughts go away instantly. Everything about her just screams perfection.”

 

“I’ve never felt like this before. And I know that I already told you this but let me say it to you again,” I paused for a while and silence enveloped the school grounds. “I will never let you slip from my hands. So please let me be good for you. Will you be my girlfriend, Tiffany Hwang?” I asked as I went down the stage to walk towards Tiffany. She snatched the microphone away from me and I anticipated her answer.

 

“Thank you for patiently waiting for me. Thank you for understanding me and thank you for every little thing you did for me. Kim Taeyeon,” she paused and it’s like an army is marching through my chest. “You are already good for me. Heck, you are even the best for me. Yes Taeyeon, I would love to be your girlfriend.”

 

As soon as I heard her answer, I hugged her immediately and tears started to roll on my face. What I am feeling now is genuine happiness.

 

“Yah, big baby. Don’t cry.” I heard Tiffany say. How ironic. She is also crying.

“Yah, Miss Journalist. Don’t tease me when you are also crying.” I whispered back and we laughed to ourselves, forgetting that there are people around us watching.

“Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” The crowd started to chant and we broke the hug. She just lowered her head in embarrassment and I find the sight cute.

“Don’t worry. I know that you don’t like PDAs so I won’t kiss you here in pub-“ I was cut off when a pair of lips landed on my own. It is just a peck and I smirked at her after.

“Hmmm. Seems like someone is really into me, huh?” I and she slapped my arm. I just groaned at the pain.

“Serves you right. That is for teasing me.” I just grinned at her and we made our way away from the crowd.

 

I can’t believe that Tiffany Hwang is now officially mine.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally had time to write again. Hahahaha. Anyway, I used Beautiful In My Eyes because it was the first song I sang for her. And I used Eric Nam's Good For You because the song was well-written. Hahahaha. Anyway, how are you guys? I missed writing so much. Lol. I've been very busy because of school and guess what? I am still the valedictorian! Yehey! So yeah, comment and vote!! :)