First Page

Wishes and Dreams

Take a look at the sky there in the city. Can you see anything else aside from it's darkness? It's not the same here. The stars are glittering and the moon is bright. I read once in one of my science books that one cannot see stars in the city because of the light emitted by the homes of the people on earth.

 

It's a shame, how thousands of people cannot see this beauty right here.

 

How about you, Jungkook, are you also gonna be swayed by this view?

 

Yes, you would. It's you, Jungkook, who we are talking about. 'Oh man.', that would be what you are going to say, because that is your favorite expression. You say it when you are mad. You say it when you are sad. You say it when you are happy. You say it everytime you can. Do you still remember that time you laughed so hard because you told us to mimic your tone of saying it? You laughed so hard there were tears running out from your eyes.

 

But those were the golden days. That time was part of the days where my feelings were still sleeping in a dungeon called innocence. The days where my heart is still not ripping apart because of this crush.

 

What do you have, Jungkook? What do you have to be able to make me one of the girls that went crazy for you? Did you perform magic? Did you gave us love potion? Or a voodoo doll?

 

But it must not be true. You are Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook. The guy that is being loved by everyone. You're quiet most of the time, but you can also be loud when the situation asks you to. The way you cut your hair is simple too: based on the school rules which is 3 inches by 4 inches. Yet it suits you well.

 

Sometimes you have pimples, especially when exam days draw near, but it immediately fades after a couple of days. You have a nice nose, even if some says it's big. You have perfect teeth, white and not chipped, even though you are fond of eating candies, because you need to chew one during examinations to help you remember what you studied. You did not tell that to me, I just figured it out, after reading one of my science books.

 

You're not fat neither skinny. Your body is just fit for an 18 year old. You are neat when it comes to your body that's why you always bring extra t-shirt so whenever you are drenched in sweat, you can change right away. You are consistent honor, and you were the First Honor at our graduation for High School.

 

You're a gentleman, but you also pick fights with girls, especially Hana, your younger sister. From my calculations, she's currently in Grade 5. You don't know how to dance, sing or act. But even though you have this flaws, everyone still get shivers whenever you try to do those, especially when you're once again assigned to play the main lead for a school play.

 

I thought back then that people like you exist only in romantic novels. But there you are, Jungkook, alive and kicking. You are a painful slap to us living in a lesser world. Maybe it was your charm. Does it feel good to know someone is thinking of you 24/7?

 

I remember that day when we were still in Grade 7. It was the first day of class so I was anxious. I transferred to a private school. No one knows about this, but I didn't transfer to an expensive school because they are well-known for their exemplary teaching, but also so I can runaway from the bitter life I had in my past schools.

 

For our minds to be at peace, me and my new classmates decided to read the list of the names of our soon to be classmates. Mine was number 19, and yours is number 21. Two people were between us. Those who were with me were arguing as to how we should read your name. Some says it would be Jung-guk. I said Jun-kook. We were fighting low-key until we were stopped by the adviser.

 

Jeong-kook. That is how your name is pronounced. You politely corrected the teacher. You went up to the platform to introduce your name when it was your turn to do so. You were so simple back then. Your shyness was obvious by the way you move. You were bouncing and changing the weight in your toes. You were clenching tightly your uniform. You cannot look at us. You looked funny.

 

You changed big time. You don't dance in the platform anymore. You already stand straight, loud voice and you were also able to look at us straight in the eye. Gone was the embarrassed kid.

 

I feel like as if I am your mother for being proud of what you are right now. You were good back then, now you became better. The change you acquired didn't happen overnight. It happened after the six years we shared in high school.

 

What about me, Jungkook? Can I also change? Can I also remove you from my system?