Chapter 5

Red Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His eyes shaking before it opens and shows a blurry vision. Just like a thousand stars are there dancing and blocks his sight. With a little groans and his hand on his stomach, he moves his body and trying to get up. His head hurts so much and his breaths are still heavy. He tightens his eyes for several times and trying to sum up what just happened.

Mingyu snatched from his thought when he just remembered everything. He looks for his bag, his phone for exact, and checks the time. Curses are out from his clenched jaws. It hurts to walk but it doesn't matter to him. 00:47 AM. He passed out for a long time. Mingyu goes to the bathroom before walks out, he searches for the aid box that hung on the wall and opens a small room behind it, the hidden place that only he and Wonwoo know. Then he takes a small gun.

The tall boy running in darkness to Wonwoo's house. He curses and mentally killing himself for not being able to hold the pains and just got passed out easily like that. He hasn't been in fight for a long time, he forgets how to fight or defending. But it's just a shame of him being that weak when the one he needs to protect is in need of him.

Jun. That guy. Mingyu already know who he is. He knew that Jun is keeping a secret and planning something on Wonwoo. He ever saw him talked to Wonwoo's step father and received a brown thick envelope, that he bets it's money. Mingyu thought that he might be wrong since Jun never did anything to Wonwoo. But he just did it now, which makes Mingyu mad at him more.

He jumps in his run when his phone vibrating in his pocket. He takes out his phone and sees Wonwoo's house number is calling him. Mingyu has bad feeling but he hopes it really is Wonwoo who call him now.

"Hello?" he answers between his panting breath.

"I'm sorry."

It's Wonwoo's voice, Mingyu feels relieve "sorry for?"

"I’m breaking our promise again and again."

"Hyung, are you okay? I'm on my way to your house." Mingyu worries to hear Wonwoo's voice. It's soulless and hopeless.

"You don't need to. I'm just going to say sorry. Everything is just, fine. More than fine for me."

"No, I'm nearing your house just now. I'll go there ok, wait for me. Everything had happened, even it's because of your father, I'll protect you."

Wonwoo chuckles on the side, he is not happy either, his flat tone and his flat words said it all, "really, you don't need to." he sighs, "Mingyu, I'm sorry."

The younger got goosebumps once the older say his name in that voice. He doesn't get a chance to answer before Wonwoo just breaks the call. Mingyu smells something wrong and he continues to run to Wonwoo's house.

It's midnight, the city is so quiet and dark without any sounds. Except for this one. Mingyu has arrived at Wonwoo's house, it's dark. Only the living room got the lamp on. The younger gulps. A song played with a piano and it's that song. Nocturne Op. 9 No.2. Wonwoo's and his mom favorite. Once again, it's in a sorrow mood. Makes Mingyu remember the day Wonwoo played it in his sadness and hates.

Mingyu slowly opens the gate, as well as he opens the door. "Wonwoo hyung?" he calls. Pulling aside the fact that he knows that the older is in the living room, playing the piano, maybe in his empty eyes again.

This house is too quiet and in a mess. Looks like something bad had happened here. Shattered vase, falling photo frame, messy papers. Mingyu shivers once again. It gives him nausea just by remembering the time he had to close Wonwoo's eyes from seeing his mom corpse. But Mingyu has to find Wonwoo and comforts him. He scared that his father had done something to him, maybe forced to kiss or even worse, .

The taller walks slowly to the living room, and the sound of the piano entering his eardrums very well now. He just need to turn right, he just need to go to brightest room to meet his one. Mingyu brushes the wall beside the entrance of this house living room. And it changes to a tight grab. His other hand automatically cups his mouth to not screaming.

This surely looks like before and it's just like a bad memory repeated again. Wonwoo's step father body is lying on the floor in an awful condition. His half opened white shirt is now red, by his own blood. Mingyu sure it's not only a stab, it was repeated. The blood covered all over his body as well flowing from the corner of his mouth. His pants is untucked, the belt has left it's place, made an S shape on the floor between the corpse and a knife. He died, in more terrible condition than what he did to Wonwoo's mom.

And there is Wonwoo. Calmly sitting on the piano seat and keeps playing his song. He is backing the entrance, which makes Mingyu sees his back only. His body doesn't move, it's only his thin hands dancing slowly on the tiles, stained the white with his father's blood. The younger can't believe what he just saw. What happened until this person can kill someone easily like this? What just happened until Wonwoo can stab his father and takes his life? Mingyu is torn between screaming or running to hug him. He is mad to see Wonwoo for being the same as the killer, but he is sad to see Wonwoo being this weak and fragile.

Does he happy after killing his father? Does it satisfy himself to see his step-father covered by blood? Does Wonwoo is just too dumb to understand? Does Mingyu need to punch him right on his face to make him realize? Does Mingyu need to hate him?

And in the last, what he does is walk slowly to approach Wonwoo. He stands behind him, slides his hand to the older's face and does the same as before. He covers Wonwoo's eyes with his hand, and pulls him to lean on his body.

Wonwoo stops playing as he knows it's Mingyu. His

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter