Chapter 4 - Flashback

Red Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mingyu, help me wear this shirt!"

Mingyu shakes his head slowly seeing the older orders him for a very easy matter one. And how even an 18 years old boy asking his friend to help him wear a shirt.

But Mingyu just doing it anyway, he likes the elder so much until he thinks that his life is more important than his own. He would do anything to help him, to protect him, even sometimes Wonwoo will get mad whenever Mingyu followed him everywhere.

"Wonwoo hyung, it's just wearing a shirt why are you so damn lazy?" He grumbles but still helping Wonwoo with his shirt.

"I'm lazy to move and you are doing nothing anyway." Wonwoo answers while yawning. He slides his both hand to the shirt sleeves and let Mingyu tucks the buttons. The younger is always be his henchman who does everything to him. Even for the easiest thing like this, to the hardest thing for him, he'll do aything.

They have been together since the second year of junior high school. The first time they met was because they both called by the teacher. Got punished of class skipping and climbing up the school gate. Stayed in a class and wrote two papers full of their regrets. And because Wonwoo didn't bring any pen, whether he wanted it or not, he had to talk to Mingyu and that was the very first time they exchanged their sight.

Since that day, since Mingyu saw Wonwoo's eyes, since his heart stabbed by his gaze, Mingyu sacrificed his time walking around the whole building and entering the class rooms one by one, causing girls shouts and screams to see a stunning guy in front of their class. But he didn't care, he just need to find that guy. He just need to get stabbed by his gaze again. He just need to see it closer.

He had looking anywhere, backyard, storage room, and rooftop. But he didn’t find him anywhere. And how surprised he was when he just passed the music room and heard a beautiful melody of a piano. He just planned to sneak a peek, but what surprised him more was he found Wonwoo there, playing the piano as he is the greatest pianist in the world.

He froze on the door. Saw a delinquent like him playing a huge black grand piano. He listened to every note that Wonwoo tapped with his slender fingers. He just wanted to record it and listen to it every night before sleep. He wanted to approach him but he felt his legs were numb.

“It’s Nocturne Op.9 No.2.”

Mingyu startled, didn’t think Wonwoo will say something, “don’t get me wrong, it’s the only song that I enjoy to play, doesn’t mean I’m a great pianist.”

Mingyu hesitated to walk in, he took small steps to come closer, the only song or not isn’t the point. He played beautifully and so stunning, that’s it.

“My Mom always asked me to play this with her together, that’s why, it’s a great song isn’t it… um… Kim Mingyu if I’m not wrong?”

Mingyu nods. Ah, whatever. He didn’t care how many times he wasted, how much energy he drained, found Wonwoo in this kind of scene was more than enough. And he remembered him even though they were met for once only, made Mingyu extremely happy.

Mingyu then told himself.

I’ll follow him no matter what.

--

It's nearing three years they are together. Henchmen or slave, Mingyu doesn't even bother about it. Wonwoo will call him henchmen but the other will see him as a slave, or loyal dog. It doesn't matter anyway, as long as Wonwoo still allow him to be on his side.

But Mingyu has decided something today, he has to. It's not because he doesn't want but he needs to. He wants everything to be better, for him and Wonwoo.

"Hyung," his hand is playing on the elder's hair, fixing his strands of hair. "I want to talk about something, but I'm afraid it will makes us, break?"

"What is it? What do you mean of break? We didn't in a relationship why you use that words." He laughs punches Mingyu's arm slowly, "just tell me."

The younger clears his throat, he pulls a chair closer to Wonwoo's. His feet can't stay still as he thinking how to make him understand, without hurting him.

"I, I'm going to quit being like this." He speaks, slowly.

"Being like this?"

"Yes, this kind of life. Skipping class, being the last and anything. My parents has decided to make my sister their inheritor. It doesn't mean I'm gonna snatch her place but, I want to show them that I can do better than her. You know they always look down on me and pretending they don’t have a child named Mingyu," Mingyu sneaks to see Wonwoo's expression, a bit flat with sharp stares, Wonwoo, so much. "But I don't mean to stay away from you, really. I'll always be your slave or loyal dog or whatever people said."

Wonwoo drops his body on the couch, staring at the ceiling and sighing.

"You are my henchmen how many times I have to told you." He crosses his arms behind his head and makes it as his pillow, "I won't forbid you, do as you want, if you can show them that you are the best, I'm gonna be the first person who do the seal clapping as hard as I can."

Mingyu widens his eyes, he doesn't believe that Wonwoo can understand it easily. He smiles, knowing this person is the one who understand him the best. He can't hide his ear to ear smile and his exploding joys. He springs from his seat to grabs Wonwoo's body and pulls him closer, give him a hug.

After a minute finally Mingyu snatched back as he realized what he just did. He pushes Wonwoo and clearing his throat then back to his seat. Scared to see the latter's expression, he slowly raises his head, and the next second he feels is the warmest thing he ever felt on his life. Seeing Wonwoo's red face with his hand covers his low part of his face, averting his eyes as he takes his sweater and his bag away. "I'm going home." He said with a cracking voice.

Wonwoo closes the door and leaving him alone, then it's Mingyu's turn to takes his bag and jogs to approach the older. He just can't believe what he saw, and what he felt, he can feel his heart beating like a percussion on a marching band. It's the first time he sees that kind of Wonwoo's expression, it's addicting.

They have an awkward silence all their way home. Wonwoo keeps his distance by makes his step faster and Mingyu knows he can't bother him for now. He must be really shy and awkward to talk to Mingyu after that sudden hug. They are close, but they never hug each other for even once. However, it's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter