2.1/2

Yellow Eyes, Warm Eyes

Joonmyeon and Yifan started to hang out together, for work purpose at first. But, later whenever they had a short break from all the hectic things happened, they just kept being together. Joonmyeon felt his crush towards Yifan turned into love. He saw how Yifan worked so hard to make the event went well, how Yifan likes to eat western food, how Yifan likes animal especially wolf, how Yifan likes children. Joonmyeon sighed dreamily. Just how much perfect can he be?

 

“Joon”, Yifan shove the fries into Joonmyeon’s mouth. They were currently in the cafeteria, having lunch. Joonmyeon’s eyes widened, mouth munched the fries like a bunny. Yifan laughed at Joonmyeon’s expression. Eyes narrowed negatively at Yifan, scrunched nose. So cute. Joonmyeon gulped the fries and threw some on Yifan’s face. Yifan just kept laughing. Joonmyeon pouted and puffed his cheeks before grabbed his tray and walked towards the trash and dumped his lunch wrappers and put the tray in the basin. He walked out of the cafeteria and left Yifan. Yifan chuckled and followed behind Joonmyeon.

 

“Hey, Joon! Wait!”

 

“Stop chasing me, Fan!”

 

“So stop running, bunny!”

 

“Ugh!” Why I’m in love with this guy?!

 

 

 

 

 

Despite busy with the current preparation, Joonmyeon never failed his weekly meeting with BenBen. Over the weeks, their friendship grew stronger. BenBen sometimes gave him beautiful wild flowers and Joonmyeon felt really grateful and happy. Sometimes, Joonmyeon brought meats for BenBen to feast. BenBen would whined, maybe because that he’s capable for hunting. Joonmyeon weirdly got what BenBen’s thought and always reminded him that Joonmyeon just want to pamper him sometimes. BenBen, even he’s a wolf still acted like a cute little puppy in front of Joonmyeon. Whenever Joonmyeon tired, BenBen would lied down and let Joonmyeon napped on his body. 

 

“If only I can brought you home, BenBen”, Joonmyeon muttered. BenBen whined, snout poked Joonmyeon’s head. “I really want to bring you home”, he rubbed his face all over BenBen’s head. He kissed BenBen’s nose, and coughed a bit. BenBen looked at him, eyes showed that he worried. Joonmyeon just shook his head, said that it’s just a cough. 

 

Turned out it’s not. 

 

The next day, Joonmyeon woke up with a terrible headache ever plus sore throat plus flu. He just want to lay down on his big bed and slept the day away until he felt better but he remember about the event, he groaned and pulled himself out of bed. He felt a bit better after shower, but the headache and sore throat still there. He dressed himself up and skipped breakfast, he reasoned that he woke up late and need to arrive at the school earlier today when his maid questioned it. When Joonmyeon arrived, his headache hit him so hard that it’s difficult for him to walk by himself. He has to lean on the wall for a moment before he started to walk but before he can even moved, he out, body fell hard on the concrete floor. 

 

Yifan arrived a minute after Joonmyeon. Right then he saw Joonmyeon’s figure in the hallway. Just before he can call out for Joonmyeon, the smaller fell on the floor. Yifan widened his eyes.

 

“JOONMYEON!”

 

Yifan ran towards Joonmyeon. He held Joonmyeon in his arms, patted the smaller’s cheek a few times. When Joonmyeon didn’t move, he carried Joonmyeon bridal style and rushed to the nurse office. Fortunately, there’s nurse and Yifan put Joonmyeon onto the bed. Yifan bit his nails, worrying over Joonmyeon. The nurse told Yifan that Joonmyeon was overexert himself and that’s why his body shut down by itself for such a needed rest. Yifan let out a relief sigh. He thanked the nurse and stayed by Joonmyeon’s side. He pulled out his phone and texted everyone that Joonmyeon might not be able to work for a few days and told them about the incident. 

 

Less than 5 minutes, all of the members were in the small room. Worried marred on their faces, watched their president lied there with pale face and chapped lips. They then argued over who will nurse Joonmyeon, said that they deserved than the other. The heated argument became more louder and Yifan kicked them out while saying that he’s the one who will watch over Joonmyeon. The others whined about the unfair treatment but Yifan just glared and they shut up. One by one left for their classes. Yifan stayed back, waited Joonmyeon to wake up. 

 

Joonmyeon woke up near the evening. He groggily opened his eyes. Yifan who just came back from the washroom rushed to Joonmyeon. Joonmyeon’s eyes wandered around the room before fell on Yifan. 

 

“Y-yifan? Where am I? W-why I’m here?”, Joonmyeon tried to sat up but was prevented by Yifan. “You fainted, Joon”, Yifan said. Joonmyeon furrowed his eyebrows, confused. “I’m what?”, he asked. “Faint. Luckily, I was there at the moment and brought you here”, Yifan grabbed Joonmyeon’s hand, rubbed the palm. “The nurse said you were too tired so your body shut down involuntarily”

 

Joonmyeon nodded. Just then, Joonmyeon remember his works. “Oh my God, Yifan! The event!”, Joonmyeon panicked. “It’s okay. The members got it. You, just took few days off and focus on recovering”, Yifan sternly said, finger point at Joonmyeon. Joonmyeon opened his mouth to protest but Yifan ignored it and just kept staring at Joonmyeon. He sighed before nodded. Yifan smiled satisfyingly. After make sure that Joonmyeon felt a bit better, Yifan told Joonmyeon that he’ll sent Joonmyeon home today.    

 

“But, Yifan-” “I am sending you back home and that’s final”, Yifan pronounced each of it clearly. Joonmyeon opened his mouth to retort back but Yifan already stood up and carried their bags over his shoulder. Joonmyeon sighed. He scooted to the edge of the bed and ready to stand up when a hand shoved at him. Joonmyeon looked at the hand before lifted his head and stared at Yifan questioningly. Yifan just shrugged. 

 

“Just don’t want you to fall again”, Yifan turned his gaze away from Joonmyeon, cheeks blushed a bit. Luckily, Joonmyeon didn’t noticed the change. Instead, Joonmyeon was the one who felt all the blood rushed over his cheeks. The thought of him holding Yifan’s hand just makes him more embarrassed than before. Joonmyeon stuttered his answer and put his trembling hand into Yifan’s big and a bit calloused hand. Their hands entwined by itself. Joonmyeon stared at their hands in amazement. On how different his hands and Yifan’s were.       

 

So warm

 

Joonmyeon smiled. Together, they walked out of school and Yifan send Joonmyeon home with his car. While Yifan’s driving, Joonmyeon let himself succumbed into dreamland. Once in awhile Yifan would looked over Joonmyeon’s sleeping face and smiled softly. Even when he’s sick, he still look beautiful, Yifan thought. Soon enough they arrived at Joonmyeon’s house. Yifan turned to Joonmyeon to wake him up but when he saw Joonmyeon sleeping fitfully, he canceled it. He opened the door slowly and walked out to Joonmyeon’s side. He did the same to Joonmyeon’s door and undone Joonmyeon’s seat belt carefully. He slowly and silently placed his arm under Joonmyeon’s knees and another one on the president’s back. He carried the smaller one effortlessly and Joonmyeon’s head automatically leaned on Yifan’s shoulder. 

 

Yifan’s heart beat erratically at that. Focus, Yifan. He scolded himself and cleared his throat lightly. He frowned suddenly when he realized how light Joonmyeon was. He needs to eat more, seriously. Yifan saved that lecture when Joonmyeon woke up later. He climbed the stairs to the main door when the door opened by someone with rounded cheeks. The man’s eyes widened and rushed towards Yifan, hand stretched to check Joonmyeon’s forehead when Yifan stepped back and stared down at the man. “Who are you?”, Yifan asked, his tone deep and menacing

 

Minseok looked at Yifan, unshaken by the tone. “Minseok, Joonmyeon’s uncle slash hyung”, he tore his gaze from Yifan. Minseok’s hand patted Joonmyeon’s head lightly. “Jongdae called and told me that Joonmyeon fainted at school and that someone named Yifan will send Joonmyeon home”, he explained, hands ushered Yifan to come inside. Yifan walked inside with Joonmyeon in his arms, still sleeping. “I guess you’re Yifan then”, he looked at Yifan for confirmation. Yifan nodded and introduced himself. Minseok smiled and showed Yifan the way to Joonmyeon’s room. Yifan stepped into the room and placed Joonmyeon on the bed. After making sure Joonmyeon tucked in, Yifan turned to Minseok and excused himself. 

 

“You don’t want to wait for him to wake up before you go home?”

 

“It’s getting late and I’ll just come tomorrow to visit him”, Yifan said, then quickly added “if, it’s okay?”, he asked. Minseok laughed lightly and said of course. Yifan looked at Joonmyeon.Then he turned back to Minseok. "Please make sure he rest a lot.. Don't let him go to school tomorrow and confiscate his notebook and phone for a day..-", Yifan rambled out and stopped in the middle when he saw Minseok laughed. Yifan blushed at his act and stuttered "What am I saying..", he embarrassingly walked out of the room. Minseok followed him at the back, snickered at Yifan's cuteness. Just before Yifan stepped out of the house, he turned back to Minseok.

 

"And please make sure he eats all the meal.. I think he skipped a lot of meals for the past months.."

 

 

The next day, Joonmyeon woke up feeling a little bit better. There's still a slight headache. After he took shower, Minseok showed up in his room with breakfast; just in time Joonmyeon searched for his uniform. Minseok shook his head and dragged Joonmyeon to bed again and tucked him in. He placed breakfast on Joonmyeon's stretched legs and told him to eat. Joonmyeon whined, said he need to go school and Minseok shook his head and fed Joonmyeon his breakfast. Joonmyeon glared weakly at Minseok and sighed. He started to eat the breakfast, under Minseok's supervision. 

After making sure Joonmyeon ate all of his breakfast and medicine, Minseok grabbed the empty tray and took Joonmyeon's phone and notebook, that placed on the table; with him. Joonmyeon widened his eyes.

"Hyung! Why you took my phone and notebook? What if the members-"

"That's why I take it with me, so you can rest"

"But, hyung-"

"Nope, nu-uh.. Your phone and notebook will stay with me until you fully recover", Minseok walked towards the door and opened it. He stopped and turned around, smiled at Joonmyeon. 

 

"Plus, it's Yifan’s order and I just can't deny it when he looked so worried over you" 

 

Joonmyeon's face bright red

 

 

That afternoon, someone knocked on Joonmyeon’s door. Joonmyeon lifted up his head from reading book, his back leaned on his headboard, legs stretched out under his comforter. “Come in”, he said, wondered who is it. The door opened and- It’s Yifan. With a small pot of a plant, wrapped in clear plastic with the top exposed, in his hand. But Joonmyeon’s sight was focused on how Yifan looked so hot in his casual attire. Not that he looked bad in school uniform but- I need to stop,Joonmyeon shook his head to chase away his thought. But, Yifan thought something else. He rushed to Joonmyeon’s side and placed the pot on the side table, took a seat beside Joonmyeon, hands on Joonmyeon’s shoulder and hand respectively. 

“Are you okay? Is it a headache?”, Yifan frowned, eyes worriedly looked at Joonmyeon’s shocked one. Joonmyeon smiled, shook his head again. “I’m fine, Fan”, he said softly, eyes glazed with light twinkle. He felt so happy when he saw how Yifan worried over him but also a tad bit sorry. “Are you sure?”, Yifan asked again, hand unconsciously rubbed the smaller arm in comfort. Joonmyeon just nodded, unrealized about the warm gesture. “Do you want to lay down?”, Yifan asked. His hand crawled down and grasped Joonmyeon’s in a tight but soft grip. Joonmyeon just shook, said that he comfortable sat like that. 

Joonmyeon looked at his side, spotting the pot Yifan brought. “What is that, Fan?”, his eyes glinted with adoration. He smiled, hand slowly left Yifan’s grip and took the plant. Yifan looked at Joonmyeon every single move. How Joonmyeon grab the pot, how Joonmyeon placed it on his lap, how Joonmyeon caressed the leaf gently. Yifan softly smiled before replied to Joonmyeon. “It’s an Apple Mint. Heard that it’s good for health. So, I bought it for you”, Yifan said, eyes still trained on Joonmyeon. Joonmyeon took a whiff of minty fresh smell. “I love it. Thank you, Fan”, he smiled, eyes went crescent moons, cheeks painted with light pink. Yifan stunned at the sight, quickly covered it by coughed lightly. After that, they kept talking about anything. From plants to foods, from books to mangas. They had a lot of fun talking everything. They enjoyed each moments. The smile never once left Joonmyeon, even Yifan. And as they kept talking, they didn’t realized their distance became lesser and lesser.  

“What?! Jongdae’s dating your uncle?! As in Minseok hyung?!”, Yifan exclaimed in shocked. Joonmyeon who’s now lied on his side, facing Yifan with comforter pulled up until his chin just nodded. He giggled lightly upon seeing Yifan’s reaction, hands timidly on his lips. Yifan’s mouth widened in shocked, eyes too. He lied next to Joonmyeon, facing the president with his arm underneath his head, comforter sprawled over his waist. He gaped, mouthing ‘wow’. Joonmyeon proceed on story-telling about Jongdae and Minseok love story to Yifan. Yifan intently listened, loving how Joonmyeon’s voice sounded when he spoke. After that, Yifan took over and start told Joonmyeon about his life back in Canada. They stopped when it’s time for Joonmyeon’s medication and dinner. After dinner, Yifan told Joonmyeon that he need to go. Joonmyeon whined at that.

“But, Yifaaaaaaan”, Joonmyeon pouted at Yifan. He stood in front of Yifan, hand tugged on Yifan’s hem. Yifan just laughed, patted Joonmyeon’s head. They stood in front of Joonmyeon’s room. “It’s late, Joonmyeon. And I need to go home”, Yifan softly said, hand absentmindedly caressed Joonmyeon’s arm. Joonmyeon sniffed slightly, hating on the fact that Yifan had to leave. Yifan brought Joonmyeon into his side, arm glided over Joonmyeon’s shoulder. “I’ll come again tomorrow okay?”, Yifan said. Joonmyeon childishly huffed and muttered a small ‘okay’. 

“At least, let me send you to the front door”, Joonmyeon tugged Yifan’s arm and started to walk but Yifan shook his head and grabbed Joonmyeon’s shoulders and pushed the petite boy into his room. “And got you more sick? Nu-uh”, Yifan softly put Joonmyeon on his bed and covered him with comforter. “Sleep, Joonmyeon. I’ll see you tomorrow, promise”, Yifan said. Joonmyeon pulled his comforter until the only thing can be seen were his eyes. “At least, wait until I fall asleep?”, Joonmyeon pleaded, voice so small that Yifan almost missed it. Yifan just nodded, he sat at the edge of bed. 

Not long after, Joonmyeon fell asleep. Yifan slowly raised from the bed, eyes trained on Joonmyeon’s peaceful face. He bent down, face closed to Joonmyeon’s. He stopped when he’s near and contemplated a bit before he just closed his eyes. Screw it. He kissed Joonmyeon’s forehead gently once. He pulled a bit before he closed in again and placed a few more soft kiss on Joonmyeon’s clear forehead. He nuzzled Joonmyeon’s temple and took a whiff before he pulled out. 

 

“Sleep well, Junmyeon”