Chapter 4

Bubblegum

 

Allea’s POV

 

I stand alone at the balcony trying to get some fresh air after I almost suffocate inside with all those people around me. No, I’m not anti-social. I just know they don’t care about me though I’m with them in the same room so why would I care about them? Breath in…breath out…breath in…breath out.

 

Boom!!!

 

Oh SHEET of paper, fireworks! I hate them! I backed off and turned around to start running to my room and hide but the HELL-o kitty I bumped into someone clumsily… or it was his fault this time.

“Allea,” He took his headphones off helping me up from the floor. “Why are you fretting?”

“I am not!” I denied with a sudden loudness. In all my acts, I couldn’t pull this off like any other.

“It looks like you are.” He scratched the back of his head while I stood back up on my feet.

I was planning to run as fast as I can and ignore him but before I can do that, another explosion was heard. It startled me. Putting my hands on either my ears to cover it up is my only defense against my phobia. My shadow almost left alone in fear.

“Are you in any case afraid of firecrackers?” I could quite hear him.

I didn’t answer. I got no time to answer such a lame question. Isn’t the answer obvious? With every blast, my heart keeps thumping faster: sending enormous amount of blood all over my body. I felt weak. No matter how hard I cover my ears with my hands, I could still hear it.

I felt Kwangmin’s soft hands on my hands: trying to get it off my ears. He’s crazy right? Or am I that hateful that he wants me die. I’m in the middle of panic attack here and he’s making it worse.

He gripped my hand and I finally gave in. He pulled me to him as my head landed on his chest. My eyes are tightly shut and I felt a tear escape my eyes while I hear the sounds of hell coming from the outside.

“Rely on me.” He whispered to me while I tightly hold on to his back almost ripping his clothes. “Here” He placed his headphones on my ears. Boyfriend’s song playing on.

I gently opened my eyes, afraid what I might find in front of me. Suddenly, it hit me: except for the fear of firecrackers, I may also be claustrophobic. O_o I could still feel my heart beating loudly but it’s beating different this time. I tightened my grip more unto him, I felt him shrug a bit and out of the blue, I felt his heart almost popping out of his chest: beating the same pace as mine.

“Uh..A-are you a-alright?” I asked with a shaky voice—though I could barely hear myself with the loud music—and looked up while he nodded.

I realized what I was doing; maybe I’m standing to close to him. I unleashed my hug slowly while looking down: embarrassed with my own acts. I started to walk away from but his hand won’t let go. I looked back and he tried to pull me towards the balcony again. My eyes widen with what he’s doing. I tried to outgrip his hold on my hand and that’s when he looked back at me and smiled…as if saying “don’t worry”. I let him lead the way to the balcony. The fireworks were even more beautiful than what I have seen on the movies and on the television. Though I couldn’t really hear them blast… I’m still surprised when lights that flew up would suddenly pop into a hundred more lights.

“Wonderful…” I mumbled while smiling endlessly from ear to ear.

The display lasted for 30 minutes and for the first time in my life, I’m disappointed when it ended. Kwangmin sat down the balcony ground after the display. I took the headphone off and rested it around my neck then sat beside him.

“It’s the first time I saw you smile.” Kwangmin commented also smiling.

“You’re lying. I smiled a thousand times in front of you.”
“Not like this. You smiled with happy thoughts…selfishly. Unlike you’re usual…” He started to think of words. He learnt his lesson.

“…my usual fake smiles.” I ended his statement.

“Well you said that yourself. Don’t blame me with that truth.” He defended with a grin.

I giggled accepting the fact that I haven’t fooled him with those fake ones—just like his twin. My smile isn’t fading yet, and I wonder why. My heart is still beating rapidly that it’s already the normal rate for me.

“You look prettier when you have that smile.” I looked at him for any signs of regret about what he said but he didn’t show any.

My smile is even wider this time. It felt more sincere…it feels much different…when he said that. Although I get that a lot…no bragging…it feels different. I leaned in closer to him and gave him a peck on his cheek.

“Thanks! I was able to smile because of you.” For the first time in my life…I thanked someone sincerely. Eh??? He looked back at me with a puzzled look and suddenly it hit me: I shouldn’t have done that! “Uhh—“ My smile faded and was replaced with awkwardness. “—I shouldn’t have done that.” I bit my lower lip and leaned back. “Sorry…” I mumbled.

My heart is starting to overly beat. I really feel nervous after doing that. I could feel him stare at me probably wondering what kind of spirit has gotten into me that I gave him a kiss. I was pushing him away lately today and now I sincerely thank him with a kiss???!!! What am I??? Bipolar???

“I—uh…I’ll be going first.” I kept my head down the ground in embarrassment and to ignore the awkward atmosphere around.

It was about my third step when I felt a hand held mine. I looked back and of course who else would it be?

“Wh—what?” Why do I keep stumbling on my words? I looked into his eyes as he also does. I gulped with the awkwardness of the moment.

“The headphones.” He said breaking the ice. What am I thinking? Of course, it’s his headphones. Mentally slaps myself.

“Uh…yeah…I forgot. Here, thanks!” I gave it back to him and started to take another step but instead of letting go he pulled me into him.

The next thing I knew our lips are touching. I closed my eyes as I get caught up at the moment. As each second goes I’m liking it more. It felt like forever but it was just a minute after we both pulled ourselves back to reality. I looked deep into his eyes and tried to figure out why he did that. Why did I let him do that? I won’t deny it but it just seemed too perfect for me. I felt like my heart has finally caught what it was racing for.

 

 

--------------

A/N

Yes... I updated wo chapters today. I'm sorry if you're not contented with it. :(

That's all I can do for today. I'll be checking some quiz papers my geometry teacher handed me.  School really...

 

tsk tsk tsk!