Don't Say Goodbye

Because of you (너 때문에)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]DON'T SAY GOODBYE[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Woohyun stirred from his slumber as something warm snuggled into his chest, a smile slowly formed on his lips since he had already known what is in his embrace. He blinked his eyes open just to meet the beautiful face of his boyfriend lying perfectly on his chest.

 

Sunggyu was still in his dreamland with soft breath passing through his parted lips, his arms wrapping tightly around his waist, and he looked so innocent like this. Everything about Sunggyu screamed pure and adorable, so he did not even bother becoming the brunet’s pillow in order to see that angelic face first thing in the morning.

 

Today, however, the only thing he did not like one bit were Sunggyu's puffy eyes which were the result of their fight last night, the ever first fight since that horrible accident. They had argued about Sunggyu’s misbehavior recently, Woohyun had been stressful due to loads of work but Sunggyu was quite stubborn and kept annoying him all the time. That's why he had snapped at Sunggyu; the older had screamed and cried a lot during their talk since it was the only way his simple mind knew so as to release his frustration. Having felt angry at their stupid fight, he had left Sunggyu alone at home and just come back in the midnight to witness his exhausted figure fall asleep at their doorstep waiting for him. It was worse than he thought. The older was still worried about him and sought for him despite his rough action, which was not much different after their dramatic change of life. The raven tightened his embrace around the sleeping man and recalled what he had done to him just a few hours ago, vivid images were repeating like a broken record in his head. Guilty dominated his heart once again as he could not erase the image of Sunggyu’s pale face and the feeling of coldness on his skin from his mind.

 

A slight movement from the other alerted Woohyun that he would wake up soon, he gave the brunet a kiss on his forehead as the pair of small eyes opened slowly. “Good morning baby. Have a good sleep?”

 

No response was given by the older man as he kept his eyes locked on Woohyun’s face. A strange glint in his eyes made Woohyun wonder if something bad had happened with Sunggyu after his leave.

 

“What’s wrong Gyu?” He asked nervously, caressing the chubby cheeks with his thumbs.

 

The said man finally dropped his gaze and detached himself from the raven without uttering a word. Woohyun was shocked when the other did not seem to acknowledge his presence, he remained immobile on the bed while Sunggyu went to the bathroom to do his morning route. And he was still there few minutes later watching the older moved around their room to find his baby blue slippers scattering somewhere on the floor then disappeared through the door after succeeding in the finding task.

 

What is that? Woohyun was taken aback by Sunggyu’s strange act. He knew the older was upset about what had happened yesterday, a sulking hamster might be understandable. But this was another level, he had not been this upset before, which was truly a bad sign for him. His instinct told him that something must have taken place in his absence.

 

Does hyung get his memory back? He thought hopefully, but soon, the excitement died down as he could not find any reason why the older chose to keep silent instead of throwing himself into his arms and crying his heart out or even hitting him for not helping him to regain his lost memory. He let out a frustrated sigh and decided to get out of the bed to find his boyfriend.

 

It would be easy to find Sunggyu in the living room lazing in front of the TV since the older always waited here for Woohyun to finish making their breakfasts. Yet today was not the case. The younger found Sunggyu sitting behind the counter in the kitchen with his arms wrapping around his knees; he was spacing out because he did not even notice Woohyun’s presence or that was just the way he want to ignore him.

 

“Gyu,” Woohyun called the brunet’s name softly to get his attention and asked worriedly while he crouched down beside him, “why are you here? Are you not feeling good?”

 

This time, Sunggyu did look up at him and shake his head slightly. “I’m hungry,” he pouted.

 

A smile made its way to Woohyun’s lips as he took Sunggyu’s hands in his, “do you want to make breakfast with me? Today I feel like I need your help to make the food better.” He offered his brightest smile hoping that the other would agree.

 

The older looked hesitant but still nodded his head at the appealing offer. He stood up with Woohyun’s help and took their aprons hung beside the kitchen entrance to put it on Woohyun while the raven helped him with his apron. He giggled a bit when the younger kissed his temples and dragged him towards the refrigerator impatiently to find the ingredients for their morning cooking.

 

The rest of the morning just went on like that with some of their laughter and lots of sunlight. The couple got to have the best of their meals, as Woohyun thought, and the younger felt quite relieved since Sunggyu seemed to come back to his normal self. He noticed the lack of a cheerful ‘dad’ and a kiddo being annoyingly active and clingy, but he shrugged it off.

 

It’s okay. Hyung smiles. That’s enough. We are alright. Woohyun assured himself.

 

 

 

Nothing odd happened with Sunggyu in the next 2 weeks, so Woohyun assumed that his lover must have gotten over the incident and forgot it completely. Until one day did he return to an empty house that he realized things were not normal any more. 

 

“I’m home~ Gyu-ah~” He called out for the older as soon as he stepped into the house expecting Sunggyu to run towards him like a puppy with excitement filling his eyes, yet only silence greeted him instead. His brows knitted together as he made his way to their bedroom. The raven called the older once again but he was nowhere in sight. Did he go out? But he doesn’t know people and the streets around here.

 

With trembling hands, he took his phone out and furiously typed the digits of Sungyeol’s number, Woohyun almost screamed as the other line did not pick up immediately.

 

“Hello?” The doctor answers leasurely.

 

“Lee Sungyeol, where the heck is Sunggyu now?” Woohyun hissed at the clueless man.

 

“What do you mean hyung? Isn’t Sunggyu hyung with you?”

 

“He isn’t here, Sungyeol. S-Sunggyu disappeared. I am going insane.” His voice cracked at the end of the sentence, his legs gave up and let the body drop on the hard surface of the floor.

 

Knowing the older would have a panic attack soon, Sungyeol tried to assure Woohyun that nothing would happen with Sunggyu since the brunet was old enough to take care of himself. But the poor man did not realize that he had just pushed the wrong button instead of helping the situation less tense.

 

“No, he can’t.” Woohyun said angrily, “do you freaking forget that he is having a mental age of 7 now?”

 

Sungyeol was silent in a moment before uttering an apology. “Please calm down hyung. This is the first time Sunggyu hyung leave your house without you knowing, right? He must have left for a reason. Do you know why?”

 

“I don’t know.” The raven sighed dejectedly. “But Sunggyu has behaved quite strangely recently. He was quiet all the time, he rarely smiled and sometimes he avoided me when I wanted to hug or kiss him.”

 

A gasp can be heard through the phone and Woohyun rolled his eyes at his friend’s reaction. “Seriously hyung? He is a kid, you can’t kiss a kid.”

 

“Shut up Sungyeol. He is my boyfriend, I can do anything with him.” Woohyun deadpanned. “Besides, it’s just a kiss on the cheek!”

 

“O-Oh… I feel sorry for you.” Sungyeol said with a serious tone.

 

“Shut up shut up you jerk. Don’t just sit there and speak nonsense while Sunggyu’s missing. Help me to find him.”

 

"Alri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter