Can't Get Over You

Because of you (너 때문에)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CAN'T GET OVER YOU[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Rumpled hair, dark ring around the eyes, a wrinkled white shirt clumsily poking out of the pants and a black tie almost falling out of the collar, the young CEO looked tired and dishevelled but he could not care less about the appearance as he rushed to the hospital right after getting the call.

 

"Where is he? Did anything happen when I was absent?" He impatiently cut the nurse off before she had a chance to say a word. She rolled her eyes at him but he just ignored it, he was worried sick about the other man's condition and he needed to see him, now. Her attempt to speak, however, was interrupted once again, this time by a piercing scream which startled both of them, and almost immediately a shadow ran pass the confused nurse to jump precisely on the perplexed man, making him lose his balance and fall down.

 

"Dad~ Dad~ I'm scared, make them go away", the extra weight on him whined loudly as soon as it got his full attention, "they're really scary, I don't want to see them."

 

"W-what?" He looked surprised seeing the man above him behaved weirdly, he kept rambling about something then buried his face in his chest in order to hide from the nurses going after him, which made the young CEO even more confused and anxious. "Sunggyu? Why is he acting like this?", only now he really wanted the nurse to open and give him an explanation about what was actually going on at the moment. 

 

A sigh escaped from the female nurse as she observed Sunggyu's behaviour, "I'm sorry Mr.Nam, I think the impact of the accident on his brain is worse than we expected. You should talk to Dr.Lee, he will give you further explanation."

 

 

 

5 days before

 

It was the third week since that awful night, he abandoned all his work and stayed in the hospital to take care of Sunggyu despite his brother's protest, right now there was nothing more important than his Sunggyu. Fortunately, the brunet had survived the surgery and the doctors had said later that the man would regain consciousness soon.

 

He still remembered what they had told him about Sunggyu's accident. A family had found him outside the crushed car screaming for help while struggling to open the back seat door, the man getting stuck inside the car had been dead already, but Sunggyu still did not give up. They had managed to drag him away the scene of the accident before the car exploded, Sunggyu then lost consciousness due to the pain and a lack of blood. Just the image made him shudder to think how much pain the older had endured, he was hurt too when his other half was in danger.

 

"How is he Dr.Lee?" He asked while the said doctor was checking on Sunggyu as usual.

 

"His current condition is quite stable, his injuries are healing fast, he should have woken up by now."

 

"But he didn't." He frowned, "Why?"

 

"I don't know. Perhaps he is refusing to wake up, something made him scared."

 

"Scared?"

 

"Yes, he's scared, I think he hasn't been ready to wake up yet," Dr.Lee hesitated with what he was going to say. He could see that the man was really worried about his unconscious friend, he did not want to make the situation worse either. Anything out of control, however, would happen to his patient, he had no choice but to warn the older, "and I'm afraid…"

 

"What? Spit it out Lee Sungyeol."

 

"Okay, please don't freak out Woohyun hyung. I'm afraid that Sunggyu hyung is going to suffer from amnesia after regaining consciousness."

 

"C-can't you do something to prevent it?" He paled at the news, his voice was barely above a whisper but the younger still got it.

 

"We're doing our best hyung, but the chance is low. I can't promise anything." Sungyeol patted his shoulder reassuringly, "I know he is important to you, i'm really sorry Woohyun hyung."

 

This time Woohyun didn't reply, he just sat there staring blankly into the space, not knowing what to say. Amnesia. Why amnesia? Why Sunggyu out of all people? Is he going to forget about us? Is he going to leave me for real this time? All the negative thinking was suffocating him, making him feel weak. He needed his Sunggyu back so badly, wanted them to return to their happy time when he did not even have to worry about losing the older, yet it seemed like a wish which would be never granted since the older was lying there motionless and sadly he was not his any more. They were over, and it was his fault after all.

 

Knowing the other would not open his mouth anytime soon, the doctor glanced at his patient one more time before leaving the room with a deep sigh, "Call me when he's awake." The depressing scene was having an effect on him too, he was worried about his two hyungs but he couldn't bear to witness their suffering. Everything will be fine, he knew it.

 

 

 

 

"Hyung~" Woohyun poked the older man's back which was facing him but got ignored in return, "Sunggyu hyung, I'm so sorry for letting them take you away, don't ignore me please." Still, Sunggyu wouldn't budge and remained completely silent, he was really stubborn when he was sulking.

 

Fine, let's use the final attack. Woohyun pretended to slap his head, trying to make his voice as soft and weak as possible to convince the other. "Okay! I'm a bad person so I will punish myself now. It hurts a lot but it hurts even more when you're mad at me…"

 

And the effect is expectedly immediate. Sunggyu turned around and grasped his hand to prevent him from hurting himself more.

 

"No. Gyu isn't mad at you. It wasn't dad's fault, it's mine. Gyu was bad, Gyu made dad hurt…" By now, the brunet's eyes were already glistening with tears, he tried his best to hold back but failed miserably which made he looked both clumsy and adorable at the same time, Woohyun would laugh out loud at the older's cuteness as usual but at the moment he just could not bring himself to do so.

 

The Sunggyu in front of him now was not in his right mind, somehow the accident had made him forget everything and act like a 7-year-old child. Not only that, for a certain reason, the older man kept calling Woohyun his dad and clinging to him all the time which got worse whenever Sungyeol or the nurses wanted to check on him.

 

"Shh it's okay hyung, don't cry, I'm fine. You aren't bad at all."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes hyung."

 

"Dad~ Why do you keep calling me hyung? Gyu isn't your hyung." Sunggyu pouted slightly.

 

"Okay, then what should I call you?"

 

"Gyu! Just call me Gyu. I like it more than the hyung."

 

The younger could not hide his smile as Sunggyu was acting so lovely towards him. He missed this, he missed the way Sunggyu treated him so nicely and affectionately, he miss his Sunggyu. Just the sole thought saddened him more, but he would not show it in front of his ex-lover.

 

"Alright Gyu then, satified?" He said with a chuckle, reaching out his hand to ruffle Sunggyu's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter