Two.

Emailed Fate

Present - in a certain studio apartment, 19th March 2016

 

He was busy with his work all day, having cooped up in his work room from morning to mid evening, stopping only to have his dinner. Baekhyun plopped on his study chair at 7 pm, lazily opening up his laptop as he began to work on his thesis, already dreading it. He would have rather continued on his art piece but thesis has a heavier grades percentage, something he grimaced at the thought of.

 

After all, he was in the art department, his art works should weigh more in grades but that seems to not be the case.

 

He was yawning by the time it was 9 pm, when it happened.

 

[ one new mail ] ✉︎

 

A new notification popped up on the screen of his phone. With the typing of a few more words, he looked away from his thesis, glancing at his phone before sliding the notification open, waiting for it to load.

 

 

~

Dear Baekhyun,

 

This is Soulmates Matching Agency! 

 

We are pleased to inform you that we have found one applicant with the matching requirements that you have previously opted for! 

 

We hope you are pleased with your match and we are waiting for your feedback!

 

Yours solely, 

 

Soulmates Matching Team.

~

 

 

He furrowed his eyebrows as he rubbed his eyes, not believing in the message. By then, Jongin’s words popped up in his mind.

 

“God damn it Kim Jongin!”

 

 

 

Present - in a certain high rise apartment, 19th March 2016

 

Chanyeol was busy with his work, having been senior manager, he had to outline and plan the work they were to undergo to improve the standard of the employees and their efficiency.

 

The clock struck 11 pm when he leaned back against his chair, opening another window on his laptop for his email.

 

He was in mid stretch when he saw an email from sender : Soulmates Matching Team

 

He clicked that email open.

 

~

Dear Chanyeol,

 

This is Soulmates Matching Agency! 

 

We are pleased to inform you that we have found one applicant with the matching requirements that you have previously opted for! 

 

We hope you are pleased with your match and we are waiting for your feedback!

 

Yours solely, 

 

Soulmates Matching Team.

~

 

 

With no time at all, he had his phone in his hand, calling up the very first person he had on his mind, the ringing sound having stopped as the other picked up.

 

“Noona what the hell is this?!” 

 

“Hmm? What is?” a soft sleep-laced voice answered the phone, confusion fused.

 

“This Soulmates Matching thing. What is this?” 

 

“Ahh.. I told you already, didn’t I? That I took care of the problem.”

 

He groaned, mussing his hair as his eyes lingered on the the words of the email, having hung up on his noona, leaving no doubt that she would have just fallen back asleep.

 

“, now what.” he let those words slip out under his breath as he covered his eyes with the back of his arm.

 

 

 

 

Present - in a control system room

 

The slender male in the room can be seen banging his head on the desk in exasperation, groaning and mumbling under his breath.

 

“This is why our customers don’t know how their match looks like. The damn link isn’t even visible on the same page. God damn it, how many times do i have to complain to the systems team about this.”

 

He raised his head to rest his chin on his arm, looking over at the live monitor showing the two people on his current assignments, having watched them open the email.

 

“Time for me to come in to the picture. I only wished it would be later rather than sooner.”

 

 

 

______________

 

This chapter is rather short but hey! at least now you know how it's going to begin? with the meddling of their "guardian"

leave your comments on how you find this story too, perhaps? on how i can improve on it or if it's good? yeah? looking forward to hearing from you guys!