Said I love you

Just had to say it
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Ah...ahm, I- I know..its late..al- almost mid- midnight.." he fidgeted, hands tweaking the edge of his sweater.


"Lu?" Kris looked confused.


Luhan just continued standing there.


"Why are you here?" he asked.


The other didn't reply.


Kris looked him over again.


Luhan was out of breath, as if he just ran miles.


He was sweating too.


"Did something happen?" Kris continued asking, "Lu?"


Luhan was staring intently at him now, as if he was seeing Kris for the very first time.


"Hey?" Kris tapped him at the shoulder, bringing Luhan back to his senses.


"Ah..." Luhan blinked, "I.." it seemed like he was struggling to gather his thoughts.


"Ahm, do you..want to come in?" Kris offered, not really knowing how to deal with the other being unusually silent, standing motionless at his front door.


Luhan glanced around, as if he was just made aware of where he was, "Oh.."


Kris frowned, there is definitely something wrong with the other, "Luhan, come in and let's talk."


"I..ah..Kris..I..have..something.." the other stuttered out, clearly struggling to say the words.

 

"Luhan," Kris widely opened the door, a deep crease in his brows, "Come in, I'll make you some hot chocolate."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kris frowned.


It's already been an hour but Luhan wasn't talking.


"It's cold already," Kris spoke up, he can't stand the silence anymore.


The other looked up, blinking as he stared at the mug full of chocolate drink, "Oh.." he uttered, "I..I'm sorry.."


Kris sighed, "It's okay," he stood up, lifted the mug off the table, "I'll heat it again for you."


"K-kris.." Luhan had stood up from the sofa, staring at the other's retreating back, "I.."


"Mmh?" Kris hummed, busying himself with heating up the pan where he poured the cold chocolate.

 

 

 

'I don't know..'


'I c- can't seem to know wh-what to say.'


'I'm sorry..?'


Kris had just smiled at him as he said, 'It's okay. I didn't say it to make you feel burdened. I just had to let you know.'

 

 

 

 

"Luhan?" Kris looked back over his shoulder, "It's okay. Just tell me some other time if you feel like sharing it then. I'll listen," he smiled before turning back to the stove.


"Kris.." Luhan kept staring at the taller, but he really can't seem to find the right words.


"Luhan," Kris shook his head, still stirring the pan, "Don't force yourself to confide in me, I know I'm not your closest friend, but I'm happy you choose to come and-"


"Kris," Luhan had suddenly hugged him from behind, face buried on the other's broad back, "Listen.."


"Luhan? What-?" Kris tried to turn around to face him but Luhan made him stay in place.


"Don't turn around," Luhan uttered, "Please.."


"Lu, what are you-"


"Please.. I can't say it if you- if you're looking at me." Luhan begged.


Kris stilled, "What is it then Luhan?"


He felt the arms that was hugging him tighten a bit with Luhan taking a deep breath.


"I was scared."


Kris felt worried, "Scared? Did someone hurt you?"


The other shook his head at that, "No. I- I'm.. I was scared.."


"Of what Lu?" Kris quietly asked.


"That day.." murmured the other, "That day when you said.."

 


'I love you.'

 

 

Luhan hugged him tighter, feeling his cheeks burning red, "It wasn't the first time..that someone had confessed to me.."


Kris went rigid at the mention of that incident, "Lu, I-"


"Kris..don't," Luhan shook his head, burying his face further into Kris's back, "I have to say this. Please."


He heard him sigh, "Okay then. Go ahead. I'll listen."


"I'm sorry." the other murmured.


"You're dumping me again?" Kris let out a dry laugh, "I got it the first time, Lu-"


"KRIS!!!" Luhan groaned out, "I said listen!"


Kris shut his eyes as his took a deep breath.


He had to try to calm himself down.


And he was honestly struggling to do it because he can't seem to just ignore the fact that the person he loves was standing too close and was hugging him too tight.


"Fine," he managed to utter.


Luhan gathered his thoughts before continuing, "I was scared, and that 'sorry'," he took a deep breath, "It- I.."

 


"I didn't mean it like that.. It's just.." he stopped talking,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter